2017 Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Im very happy with the signings. We paid overs for Myles and Brown and we are already looking at moving brown along, and any other player that hasn't delivered or will add to the team moving forward. We have bought and released a lot in the past few years trying to build a side that is going to be competitive and win more titles. Manly have been very successful over the past decade but with most of those players now retired and having missed the finals the past 2 seasons that is not acceptable and we have been ruthless in moving players along but i like the direction the club is heading.

We have been guilty in the past of buying over the hill players and for overs. We have now gone out and bought a very young promising side with plenty of talent. They haven't down anything massive with theie futures yet but they are all around 22 years of age and we have not paid much for these player's which is huge! We are still getting the cap sorted so we can make a play in 2017 for 2018 signings.

If Meehan, Lane, Siro, Kelly, Tom wright, AFB, Perret, Hastings etc perform to go with DCE, Turbos, Walker, Taupau etc and cash to go after another rep player or two we are looking good.

We need to be successful though next year and show we have that winning culture and that Barrett can coach to help attract other players to come and be part of it.

I see top 8 again next year if we stay healthy and fit. A much better draw so with some luck with injuries we shoukd be in the mix. Really want some of these young players to put their hand up and have a break out year
I think AFB will have a big year. He will be the first to pay off.

Perrett 22 years old , Big and powerful ,194cm, 113 kg. Junior Kangaroo and all the Pessimists on here are saying a 22 year old prop with size and ability is over the hill
Sironen 23 years old, 195cm, 104kg, Represented city origin at just 20 years of age . Strong and skillful utility who can cover 5\8 lock and s/row and all the Pessimists on here are saying that at 23 years of age he is over the hill
Lane 22 Years of age Giant , 198cm, 115kg was devastating and unstoppable in his debut season with the Dogs before he had a fall out with Hasler and ended up far away from his family in NZ . All the pessimists on here have also written another young player with enormous ability at at just 22 years of age
Hastings 20 years of age can cover 5/8 , half and hooker as well as being a 83% goal kicker . At a young age he showed a lot of promise at NRL level but like most 20 year he has issues that can be sorted out but all the pessimists on here have written him off at just 20 years of age
Uate the leading try scorer for the Knights and represented at all levels had become stale and uninspired at the toxic Knights club needs a fresh start at a new club to unleash his proven skills but the pessimists on here are blinded by their negativity and can not see this.
Is your Glass half empty or half full ?
Cheers
It doesn't matter if it is either,just pour it into a smaller glass and problem is solved,it is full again....

I think there are two keys regardless of recruitment.
1. If there's anything we did wrong as far as injury prevention last year that it's learned from and fixed.
2. Trent Barrett. I hope he's learned a massive amount from last year. It sounds like his man management is pretty good - they all like him and that's gotta be important for a battalion load of loose cannons. It's also been another year of him and Bozo working together so hopefully they've reached some understanding of each other. And he's had a whole year of understanding the difference between game plan and execution.

I'm going with optimism. Carn the Mighty Eagles!!!!

Perrett 22 years old , Big and powerful ,194cm, 113 kg. Junior Kangaroo and all the Pessimists on here are saying a 22 year old prop with size and ability is over the hill
Sironen 23 years old, 195cm, 104kg, Represented city origin at just 20 years of age . Strong and skillful utility who can cover 5\8 lock and s/row and all the Pessimists on here are saying that at 23 years of age he is over the hill
Lane 22 Years of age Giant , 198cm, 115kg was devastating and unstoppable in his debut season with the Dogs before he had a fall out with Hasler and ended up far away from his family in NZ . All the pessimists on here have also written another young player with enormous ability at at just 22 years of age
Hastings 20 years of age can cover 5/8 , half and hooker as well as being a 83% goal kicker . At a young age he showed a lot of promise at NRL level but like most 20 year olds he has issues that can be sorted out but all the pessimists on here have written him off at just 20 years of age
Uate the leading try scorer for the Knights and represented at all levels had become stale and uninspired at the toxic Knights club needs a fresh start at a new club to unleash his proven skills but the pessimists on here are blinded by their negativity and can not see this.
Is your Glass half empty or half full ?
Cheers
Not tying to demean your post but the last bit made me giggle. Top try scorer for the knights lol... :)

Not tying to demean your post but the last bit made me giggle. Top try scorer for the knights lol... :)
All good Jerry . I have not taken it the wrong way as we should all respect each others views . The fact is though Akuila (Killer) Uate is currently the highest try-scorer in Knights history scoring 110 meat pies . :)
f62174ed0f3c1428ad44643279febfee.jpg

Well with the strike rate that he has achieved he would be pretty far up any team's list of highest scorers... including ours.
110 tries in 161 matches . What is the strike rate there ?
Our great Brett Stewart scored 163 tries in 231 matches

68% Uate ... 70% Snake

Others.

Jorge 62%
Tom 56%
Dylan Walker 51%
Jamie Lyon 47%
Wolfman 63%

Last edited:
68% Uate ... 70% Snake

Others.

Jorge 62%
Tom 56%
Dylan Walker 51%
Jamie Lyon 47%
Wolfman 63%
Tom Terror at 56% will greatly improve his strike rate as he will only improve as a player and so will Dylan if he stops punching doors and is not moved in the 5/8 position ever again .
Looking forward to see Jorge score more tires behind a team with a proper 5/8 half combination
Killer might have a 47 % strike rate but he also made others look good outside him
The discard from the Eels The Wolfman became a legend for us and if he didn't suffer those bad injuries I believe he would have ended with a higher strike rate

Tom Terror at 56% will greatly improve his strike rate as he will only improve as a player and so will Dylan if he stops punching doors and is not moved in the 5/8 position ever again .
Looking forward to see Jorge score more tires behind a team with a proper 5/8 half combination
Killer might have a 47 % strike rate but he also made others look good outside him
The discard from the Eels The Wolfman became a legend for us and if he didn't suffer those bad injuries I believe he would have ended with a higher strike rate

Which is why very few statistics are worth two bob without several pages of quantitative and qualitative explanation.

Please don't compare Uate to Brett Stewart.

I know you're looking at the positives but Stewart is in a different league.

I expect Uate to score plenty of tries for us but also let heaps in.

He doesn't catch very well & his positional play can be quite bad but we're in for a roller coaster of a ride with Uate.

Please don't compare Uate to Brett Stewart.

I know you're looking at the positives but Stewart is in a different league.

I expect Uate to score plenty of tries for us but also let heaps in.

He doesn't catch very well & his positional play can be quite bad but we're in for a roller coaster of a ride with Uate.
Not intended to compare Brett to Uate but for a bloke who you say cant catch and his positional play is bad scored 110 tries @ a very high 68% strike rate and has represented Australia 5 times .
We all are entitled to our opinions and in 2017 Uate will have the last say

Not intended to compare Brett to Uate but for a bloke who you say cant catch and his positional play is bad scored 110 tries @ a very high 68% strike rate and has represented Australia 5 times .
We all are entitled to our opinions and in 2017 Uate will have the last say

I certainly don't have a problem with his tryscoring strike rate, he'll be good in attack.

Defence is another story. That's where his positional play and catching ability comes into question.

Still, I don't expect to make the 8 and I doubt Uate will be the reason why.

While Uate's best days are probably behind him, I really can't see too many negatives to his signing.

Sure he's not the best defensively, but what winger is (wingers are usually there because they can run, they aren't there for their Jake Trbojevic like tackling), but he gives us pace out wide that we've been lacking in recent years (aside from when Tommy played on the wing). He's experienced and he knows how to score tries.

Like @manlywarringah said, if we don't make the top 8 I doubt Uate will be the main reason why.

I certainly don't have a problem with his tryscoring strike rate, he'll be good in attack.

Defence is another story. That's where his positional play and catching ability comes into question.

Still, I don't expect to make the 8 and I doubt Uate will be the reason why.
A good coaching structure will look after every players positional play and catching practice makes perfect
I am a great believer that you get what you believe in your head .Our greatest opponent to success is self doubt
Bring on 2017 . Go the mighty Sea eagles and the rest of the teams can go and get fcked !!!
11206019_918197091571060_8572295032857828773_n.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11