2016 finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
i know it's early in the season boys, but I'm getting the feeling of years gone past that our forwards aren't good enough to match it with the top teams, that and a clunky halves pairing and I think the semifinals are going to be a step to far for us this season. I believe parramatta will put the cleaners through us..... Not a troll just honest opinion, hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too mate.
But we are a top eight team.
Tigers Dragons, newy, are no brainers for the bottom of the ladder. Parra WILL be deducted points, NZ, Penrith and Canberra are our opposition for eight place, I'm confident, without worrying about the chooks and t1ts.

Last edited:
IMO the majority of our backline is out of form our forwards are struggling against the bigger packs. We need cherry Evans, snake and Lyon playing well in the backline but at the moment they are playing horribly and obviously DCE is out of from and injured. But I see promise in our future with our young superstars like Jake and Tom, Dylan walker and many more.
I don't know a bout the finals but I did a ladder predictor on NRL.com and if we win the minimum games you'd expect us to win I think we will find ourselves in the top 8. And I think we can win some games we are not expected. A lot depends against parra IMO.

IMO the majority of our backline is out of form our forwards are struggling against the bigger packs. We need cherry Evans, snake and Lyon playing well in the backline but at the moment they are playing horribly and obviously DCE is out of from and injured. But I see promise in our future with our young superstars like Jake and Tom, Dylan walker and many more.
I don't know a bout the finals but I did a ladder predictor on NRL.com and if we win the minimum games you'd expect us to win I think we will find ourselves in the top 8. And I think we can win some games we are not expected. A lot depends against parra IMO.
Hey Turbo..........don't forget we out muscled the Rabbitoh forwards, Warriors forwards & the Rooster forwards!! I'm kinda thinking we're really gonna start belting a few more fancied packs!!

Parras forwards have more than held their own against the dogs, broncos and cowboys, so I guess we'll know tomorrow night.

I'm very confident of top 8 and give us a good chance of top 4

Whole comp is wide open this year with the Dragons and Knights the only teams I would rule out of the 8 (Tigers and Titans unlikely)

I find it weird how much everyone thinks Parra are somehow this juggernaut and we are no hopes...... they are 1 win better off than us

Whole comp is wide open this year with the Dragons and Knights the only teams I would rule out of the 8 (Tigers and Titans unlikely)

I find it weird how much everyone thinks Parra are somehow this juggernaut and we are no hopes...... they are 1 win better off than us
One or two more losses and the roosters won't make the eight.

Our forwards are not the problem. Barring the first two games and the first 15mims of the Souths game and we have been the dominant pack in each game. We steamrolled the Kiwis. We steamrolled Easts. The boys picked up against Souths and stuck it to one of the best packs in the comp. Tomorrows game against Parra will be a good indicator.

If this pack continues to build, or even maintains, Cherry will have a field day with the time and space afforded him.

Agreed. Parra are a good side this year. But they are not an Untouchable Powerhouse.

They should be a non factor this season anyway. If they don't get a Scum/Dishlickers type penalty then the salary cap may as well be canned.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion & MOST have merit....I have seen apart from the Dogs game (totally dominated) this pack stand up & deliver.
That includes 60 minutes against Rabbits once the A defenders realised Jake was not there & switched on.
Thing is - most opposition packs have worked in tangent forming combinations for a few seasons....we have a totally new look side featuring Myles, Lussick, Kapow plus Brown & Green to a lessor extent & 2 brand new hookers in Parcell & Api, the KEY position on the field !!
After just 6 games ahead of time imo & apart from 4 teams in Brisbane, Nth Qld, Dogs & the underrated Raiders - feel comfortable against the rest already in the forwards.
Come finals time (which I believe we finish 5-7) this side will be tough to beat, with more improvement at Manly than any other team.
Most would have taken 3 from 6 at this stage & if it turns into 4 from 7 come Thursday, watch the Doomsday addicts run for shelter.

I reckon our forwards are becoming tight as a squad all are willing to roll their sleeves up when it counts & Nate maybe underestimated in his influence

I also think that with the game today no side will be go unscathed in key injuries and our club is solid and interchangeable in both forwards and backs in this area

My spies also tell me that Barrett is a very inclusive coach and emphasises continually that it will take a full squad effort and has the players believing this
( sorce - father and brother of one of our superstars )if I revealed their name he would think I am a snake for telling

I also believe like every year in the end of year main games that the side who trots out is sometimes different in key areas to the side at the start of the year

Suspensions & injuries all play a part and I am excited to see the under rated eagle is that ends up jumping out of his skin

Any way just finished travelling for over 12 hours found a pub in Chinchilla and going to put the colours on and **** stir the local donkeys by telling them I stopped to piss on the Lockyer highway

My journey management plan is a god send

Everyone is entitled to an opinion & MOST have merit....I have seen apart from the Dogs game (totally dominated) this pack stand up & deliver.
That includes 60 minutes against Rabbits once the A defenders realised Jake was not there & switched on.
Thing is - most opposition packs have worked in tangent forming combinations for a few seasons....we have a totally new look side featuring Myles, Lussick, Kapow plus Brown & Green to a lessor extent & 2 brand new hookers in Parcell & Api, the KEY position on the field !!
After just 6 games ahead of time imo & apart from 4 teams in Brisbane, Nth Qld, Dogs & the underrated Raiders - feel comfortable against the rest already in the forwards.
Come finals time (which I believe we finish 5-7) this side will be tough to beat, with more improvement at Manly than any other team.
Most would have taken 3 from 6 at this stage & if it turns into 4 from 7 come Thursday, watch the Doomsday addicts run for shelter.

I picked 3/8

Very happy to admit it if I'm wrong, I actually think we might be 4/8, but if we are 5/8 I'll be over the moon and " outa the doomsday bunker".

I think it is way to early to look at finals . I think this team is going to take 15 games or so to gel properly.

From what I have seen so far our pack is better than last year and we have some freshness out there and a team that is building its own culture.

I do agree that we need our veterans to lead the way this year and DCE HAS to lift because he can be the difference if he fires.

The signs are good and I see a team that in the last 3rd of this season causing major headaches for other teams. Last year it seemed inevitable that we were going to fail due to such a bad start, this year there is more optimism but I am prepared that results will be up and down for a while.

i know it's early in the season boys, but I'm getting the feeling of years gone past that our forwards aren't good enough to match it with the top teams, that and a clunky halves pairing and I think the semifinals are going to be a step to far for us this season. I believe parramatta will put the cleaners through us..... Not a troll just honest opinion, hope I'm wrong.
Ok, i appreciate ur honest opinion...but what response did u think u would get? Honestly..... remember which forum ur on and remember we HATE PARRADOESNTMATTA!
So thanks for ur honest opinion but...ur wrong! MANLY to win by 14 tom night, finish top 4 2016. Thats my honest opinion.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8