2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbutt had half the league chasing him last year including us, highly rated and was a real coup for the Broncs when they signed him

Wonder what has happened to have Bennett happy to release him

I'd certainly be happy with this pickup

Are you sure you're not confusing Garbutt with Gavet? He was chased by a few clubs.

Are you sure you're not confusing Garbutt with Gavet? He was chased by a few clubs.
When at the Storm Garbutt was in high demand, clubs after his services were:newcastle, souths, dragons,cronulla,broncos,Penrith and Manly.

Went to Horseheads and obviously hasn't impressed Bennett.

What a joke we are the Dad's army of the comp how can this guy get another year lol no other club would go near him yet we give his tired old legs 1 more year.

FOREVER young forward Willie Mason is negotiating to sign a new one-year deal with the Sea Eagles that will see him play in the NRL when he is 36.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned the former Kangaroo could be reunited with Bulldogs premiership winning front row partner Nate Myles after a barnstorming season start has seen him run more meters than every Manly forward except one.

Mason, already the oldest starting forward in the NRL, is expected to be offered a new Sea Eagles deal should the club fail in its bid to stop Daly Cherry Evans from taking up a $4 million deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

Manly have less than two weeks to convince the star No.7 — to sign a revised deal to stay a Sea Eagle with the round 13 “backflip’’ deadline now just 12 days away.

The same applies when it comes to Kieran Foran — who’s deal to switch to the Eels was last week put in doubt when the NRL dropped a Parramatta salary cap bombshell that could see them docked of future competition points.

Mason, who recently began fresh talks with the club following after deciding he was capable of playing at least another year of top-flight football in the NRL, is expected to be retained should Cherry Evans and Foran make their Manly exit.

Statistics obtained by The Sunday Telegraph show Mason is performing as well as he did three years ago when he returned to the NRL after a stint in England with no significant drop in any area of his game despite the enduring behemoth turning 35 last month.

Mason has run 890m this year and is one of just two Sea Eagles forwards nudging an average of 100m made each game.

“Willie is playing some great football at the moment and there is no reason why he should not play again,’’ said Mason’s manager Sam Ayoub.

“He has been one of their best forwards and he is feeling as good as he ever has. His body is holding up well and he is capable of playing at least another season at the top level. He wants to play again and we are hopeful of working something out with the club soon.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ract-by-one-year/story-fni3gnk1-1227366477621

Over and outer

Darcy Lussick is so on the outer at Parramatta it appears there's no way back. At one point those close to him say he wasn't paid, an odd thing given Parramatta's willingness to splurge in recent times.

Lussick is in demand, but he is likely to head back to Manly next year. Those close to him feel the Eels are trying to push him out this year through a breach of contract. He had scheduled a dinner with Daly Cherry-Evans one night, only to be told shortly before he was to meet DCE that he had an Eels function to attend, and that he would be in breach of his contract if he didn't go. The same message was given to him about arrival times before a game. He was required to arrive three hours before kick-off.

Lussick was shovelled into NSW Cup without the fuss associated with Chris Sandow – and duly copped a four-game suspension. Things could not be going worse and Manly is not an option this year as they can't squeeze him under their salary cap.

Lussichttp://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/state-of-origin-andrew-johns-gives-trent-hodkinson-thumbs-up-20150523-gh86wh.html

Out-of-favour Canberra prop David Shillington could be auditioning for a spot in the St George Illawarra team when the Dragons host the Raiders at WIN Stadium on Sunday.

The Australian has been told the Dragons are interested in securing Shillington from the Raiders before the round-13 deadline expires to bolster their pack.

St George Illawarra had been hopeful that Russell Packer would be cleared to resume playing after he was released from jail in January but he can play only for the Illawarra Cutters in the NSW Cup. His return to the NRL is not on the cards until next year.

Shillington missed the start of the season for the Green Machine with a thumb injury and only recently returned for their feeder team, Mounties, in the NSW Cup.

Read more at The Australian

Read more: http://www.nospam9/nrl/shillington-t...#ixzz3aZynQUIP

Possibly. Given Toov's and Joke Kelly having a robust discussion manages to hit the media in a flash. Something positive like the club securing it's one and only current Australian Representative the way walls talk at our club the word would be around quicker then Warnie can text the word tits. Perhaps if Zorba is being quite. I should continue to hold my breath.:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) lol. Gooooooooooone.

Manly Sea Eagles earmark Greg Bird as next target on their recruitment hit list
Michael Chammas and Brad Walter

The Manly Sea Eagles have stepped up their bid to entice Daly Cherry-Evans to renege on his deal with the Titans, earmarking Greg Bird as their next recruitment target.

Fairfax Media has been told the Sea Eagles are keen to lure the representative forward back to Sydney to bolster their struggling pack after securing the services of his Gold Coast teammate Nate Myles for next season.

While Manly are desperately trying to strengthen their muscle up front, the tactic of pursuing Bird after nabbing Myles would also weaken the Titans and make the move to the Gold Coast less appealing for Cherry-Evans

Former Newcastle Knights player Zane Tetevano has no intentions of returning to the "toxic environment" of the NRL after he was jailed for at least nine months on Thursday for a series of attacks on his former girlfriend.

Tetevano, 24, had a dysfunctional upbringing in New Zealand, including exposure to domestic violence and drug and alcohol abuse before he moved to Australia, the court heard.

He played 29 first grade games for the Knights before he was sacked in May last year.

He was later signed by Manly before they tore his contract up when he changed his pleas from not guilty to guilty for the assault charges.

The Telegraph has linked us to Mbye in a round about, fact less, very Telegraph way. I thought I would add it as I would love to see it eventuate. He has talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10