2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
master blaster said:
poor roosters,the NRL rejected their effort to register ferguson for this year

I wonder if they'll now keep paying him for his 'non playing public relations' role for the club?

bones said:
The salary- capless Roosters have signed Scott Dureaux & Nathan Stapleton for the rest of 2014, effective immediately.

. . . The GWIS Roosters (Greater Western Inner Sydney Roosters) - as in No Cap.

2013 Premiers will also be "asterixed" in 3 years
(no official premiers due to Eastern Suburbs breaching salary cap and or bribing Grub Hayne).

Did someone say Canberra interested in Bodene Thompson (Tigers).

Stop smoking the weird gear.
He can tackle a little but only NRL player who doesn't know what the funny, inflated, oval thing is.

If he's not the worst player of the last 25 years, he's in the GF.

push it up, Manly.
cheers

I'm pleased that Ferguson was made to sit out another 6 months. It appears from 3rd party stories he is a repeat offender. Nothing like the incident that he was convicted over though. One source is my daughter (30 yr old) , who was standing with a group of friends drinking when Ferguson ran his hand up her back under her top. She told him to p*** off.
She only related this story when she saw him on tv. She had no idea who he was as has no interest in football. She did not see it as a reportable offence (maybe should have been asked to leave premises) but just actions of an unsociable d**khead.
I hope he can improve himself and get back to playing good footy.. next year

As of 2015 Townsville will no longer be Sims city, with the Cowboys confirming brothers Ashton and Tariq will both be leaving the club at the end of the year.

29-year-old prop Ashton, who captained Fiji Bati earlier this year, has agreed to a two-year deal with English Super League club Warrington Wolves, while North Queensland confirmed younger brother Tariq would also be leaving the club after four years of service via Twitter on Tuesday.

There had been a rumour Manly were interested in Ashton. He certainly has the experience you would think Dave Warwick is seeking. For many years he was a walking penalty. The last two years have probably been the most consistent he has played in the NRL. Perhaps the money in England was too good, but I am a little surprised to hear he is off to the UK.

maxta said:
Loco is a good hard running centre when he plays once every 2 years......

Apparently the transfer is "effective immediately". I didn't think there could be a change of clubs after June 30.
I understand that he is injured. Perhaps there is no chance of him playing for the Dogs this season, although Castle is quoted as saying "in the near future".
This guy is good when he's on the field. DESpicable obviously likes huge players. But why did Doesn'tMatta let him go?

The Who said:
maxta said:
Loco is a good hard running centre when he plays once every 2 years......

Apparently the transfer is "effective immediately". I didn't think there could be a change of clubs after June 30.
I understand that he is injured. Perhaps there is no chance of him playing for the Dogs this season, although Castle is quoted as saying "in the near future".
This guy is good when he's on the field. DESpicable obviously likes huge players. But why did Doesn'tMatta let him go?

I am led to believe it did happen prior to June 30 but only announced yesterday.

Also I have heard the Eels facilities for player rehab and Training in general are absolute rubbish (don't know how true this is) so may be he feels he can get back to where he needs to be at another club that can offer better facilities.

MAROONS giant Dave Taylor has revealed he has a burning desire to switch codes and become a 123kg rugby union centre.

Taylor will be watching Sam Burgess’ union experiment closely with an eye to crossing codes when his Gold Coast Titans contract expires.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/queensland-giant-dave-taylor-eyeing-swap-to-play-centre-in-rugby-union/story-fniabjcr-1226980791162

Also some roberts guy leaving the storm.

Whilst we all talk about salary cap, and allowances on here....

wrap yer noggins around this:

Chicago blackhawks NHL team ('ice' hockey) just signed 2 of their players to an......

8 year extension and 10.5 million bucks per season each! 84mill!!

That's on top of the few million they've already earned so far.

I mean this is really future family direction changing figures. Like being knighted in the medieval days.

So whilst you parents take lil johnny out to their league games, you should either stick a golf club, tennis racquet, baseball, nfl footy, basketball, or a hockey stick in their hands instead!

Party on

RiverEagle said:
That's freakin' ridiculous GE!

What's their salary-cap then??

Or don't they have one?

Salary cap is approx 71 million for next year and each team has to spend approx 58 mill on salaries.

Cap has lowered recently as well!

edit: jerseys aren't plastered with sponsors either!

So if (approx) 58 mill goes on salaries, 10 per annum for one guy is a lot then!

I question the logic of signing any athlete longer than 3-4 years...Including my AFL team, Sydney Swans (who signed Buddy Franklin for 9 yrs at a million p.a.)

Form and potential injuries, especially, can change too much beyond a few seasons.

And Buddy's already 27 or 28 too.

He's worth it NOW (and for the next few yrs) but 9 years is crazy-talk.

RiverEagle said:
So if (approx) 58 mill goes on salaries, 10 per annum for one guy is a lot then!

I question the logic of signing any athlete longer than 3-4 years...Including my AFL team, Sydney Swans (who signed Buddy Franklin for 9 yrs at a million p.a.)

Form and potential injuries, especially, can change too much beyond a few seasons.

Rest assured that every team will spend to their limit each year. Teams also have a type of 'cap hit' which means quite often, at the end of these long contracts a player may be being paid 5 mill, but the cap hit is only 3 mill.

Long term contracts are quite common but 8 years with a cap hit of over 10mill is rare.....and a hell of a lot.

anyway - to avoid reading my mistakes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:

Rest assured that every team will spend to their limit each year. Teams also have a type of 'cap hit' which means quite often, at the end of these long contracts a player may be being paid 5 mill, but the cap hit is only 3 mill.

Long term contracts are quite common but 8 years with a cap hit of over 10mill is rare.....and a hell of a lot.

anyway - to avoid reading my mistakes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap

It's hard to compare NA leagues salary caps to Australian ones. In general NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB financial systems are a lot more flexible & actually work with the intended effect, compared to the god awful NRL system.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8