1995 - 1997 which one?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
I was wondering, would anyone wish to trade the 1996 premiership victory for either 1995 against the Bulldogs or 1997 against the Knights?
What would have happened if Manly won the 1995 premiership? They were the best team of the competition but not on the big day, regardless of the referee. Or trading for the 1997 premiership and denying the Knights their first premiership.

I put this up simply as a distraction for the events of the past week.

Thoroughly deserved the 96 title , best side right through to the G F 95 best team in the season proper but definitely fell away a bit in the finals , not helped by a couple of dud calls against the Dogs , blatant i st half forward pass i st half and 7 tackle set for the Dogs in the 2 nd half 97 have to seriously take into account the reports of drug issues [ or enhancement ] with at least some of the Knights players . Only consolation i guess , such a close and competitive G F with crowd and viewer appeal , acted as a bit of a catalyst to get the comp back to a reunification arrangement , Still a pretty good Manly line up in both 95 and 97 G F 's however

1995 team by a mile. Best team to fail to win the grand final.

Lost just 3 games all season. Ripped off in the grand final, ripped off in Rd 16 when lost first game of the season by Roosters. The only other loss was Rd 18 vs Sharks but i can't remember that one.

The best time in 1995 was back to back wins over Canberra in Canberra Rd 11 (both sides were unbeaten at the time) and then Broncos at Brookie in Rd 12.

Just watch this 1995 try. Brookie erupts!

Thoroughly deserved the 96 title , best side right through to the G F 95 best team in the season proper but definitely fell away a bit in the finals , not helped by a couple of dud calls against the Dogs , blatant i st half forward pass i st half and 7 tackle set for the Dogs in the 2 nd half 97 have to seriously take into account the reports of drug issues [ or enhancement ] with at least some of the Knights players . Only consolation i guess , such a close and competitive G F with crowd and viewer appeal , acted as a bit of a catalyst to get the comp back to a reunification arrangement , Still a pretty good Manly line up in both 95 and 97 G F 's however
Fancy screwing up a 6 tackle count in a BLOODY GRAND FINAL. Criminal really.

95 - first year of expansion and clearly the most dominant team all year. Struggled to get my head around how we lost it, similar to 2013 in that respect.

1995 team by a mile. Best team to fail to win the grand final.

Lost just 3 games all season. Ripped off in the grand final, ripped off in Rd 16 when lost first game of the season by Roosters. The only other loss was Rd 18 vs Sharks but i can't remember that one.

The best time in 1995 was back to back wins over Canberra in Canberra Rd 11 (both sides were unbeaten at the time) and then Broncos at Brookie in Rd 12.

Just watch this 1995 try. Brookie erupts!

I just wish Kosef would have never have those four knee recos, he could have been one of the greats.

Fantastic player

I just wish Kosef would have never have those four knee recos, he could have been one of the greats.

Fantastic player
Got a few good seasons in and S O O and test honors also included of course but a few more full seasons for Manly would have not gone astray
Was it the end of the 97 season when Balmain were going to offer him a big deal to leave Manly and Manly at one stage were contemplating keeping him at the expense of Tooves .
Fortunately were able to keep both . Tooves , Manly down to his boot straps, what a great stalwart

Got a few good seasons in and S O O and test honors also included of course but a few more full seasons for Manly would have not gone astray
Was it the end of the 97 season when Balmain were going to offer him a big deal to leave Manly and Manly at one stage were contemplating keeping him at the expense of Tooves .
Fortunately were able to keep both . Tooves , Manly down to his boot straps, what a great stalwart
Yeah still had a fantastic career but could have been next level

Yeah still had a fantastic career but could have been next level
And that back row of Kosef , Beaver and Gartner will always have that special feel about it .
Be interesting to know how many games the Nik [ Kosef ] played at 5 / 8 for Manly , don 't think that many but just showed what a skillful and good all round player he was

The Great Dominant 1995 -1997 Era was built and Inspired by the Great Incomparable Manly Immortal
God Bless his Manly Premiership Winning Soul

The Great Manly Wining Legacy . The Great Bob Fulton
Tributes flowing in for Immortal, Bob Fulton | Sea Eagles

And that back row of Kosef , Beaver and Gartner will always have that special feel about it .
Be interesting to know how many games the Nik [ Kosef ] played at 5 / 8 for Manly , don 't think that many but just showed what a skillful and good all round player he was
6 games I believe (If I'm reading this right)

What is Manly without a Premiership win

It is like the Classic Majestic Monal Lisa without her smile

Like Passionate Manly supporters without our smile

WE NEED TO SMILE AGAIN
WE NEED A MANLY PREMIERSHIP WIN AGAIN

Pic Of Mona Lisa Painting / Mona Lisa: Italian campaigners demand the ...

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8