10 Years ago

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Still remember Penn standing on stage saying Des will be coach next year. 3 days later goneski. Been too long between these celebrations.
FB_IMG_1633131726468.jpg

Still remember Penn standing on stage saying Des will be coach next year. 3 days later goneski. Been too long between these celebrations.
View attachment 19496
That’s the one thing I’ll never forgive Des for , ****ing up our celebrations of yet another Premiership.

I’ve moved on , but never really forgiven him.

That’s the one thing I’ll never forgive Des for , ****ing up our celebrations of yet another Premiership.

Winning a premiership is always a special moment and in hindsight it was a significant win considering our coach was finalizing negotiations with the filth dogs.

I will never forgive Greenturd for doing that in grand final week and we got 2 days to celebrate before Des defected. It was such a hollow feeling at the time.

I will always remember Gifty and Snake making Galloping goose squirm at the presentation and that was fitting after what Snake was put through and dumped by the NRL!

It was our last really great team, so much experience and some dazzling youth and to see them beat a gallant Warriors team was a magical experience!

I remember Des’s face close up on the golf buggy going along the corso. He looked like he was going to be sick.

The news on hoppa came out at the same time as the motorcade, the decision to go Mormoning and then go to the eels seemed absurd.

Jean Hay said Des would look terrible in blue. So the rumours were certainly flying around that day.

I still dont like him, its more like I tolerate him now.

The day they move him on will bring on a slight smile.

Last edited:
I still dont like him, its more like I tolerate him now.

They day they move him on will bring on a slight smile.
Yep , I get that.

He’s a mercenary , people are confusing that with his love of Manly when in reality it’s his love of money.

Remember no one else would sign him at the time.

That said , he’s our coach and I’ll support him during that role.

Whilst the 2011 win was a great thrill, that one was tainted by Des's departure and the circumstances surrounding it. Barely 24 hours into the celebrations when it was announced, which virtually killed the thrill.

I remember seeing the players off at Brookie on the double-decker bus heading for the Corso and there was a strange ambience about and not the euphoria you would've expected.

I too haven't forgiven Des (and will certainly never forgive Greenturd) but I'm glad he's back where he should never have left.

What a tumultuous year 2011 was, with the battle of Brookie, Gifty's suspension through the finals, winning the GF and then Des leaving. 10 years on and "it's been a long time between drinks". It's time for another Premiership!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8