10 x random observations from yesterday's Roosters win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching the game against the Roosters I was filled with a cocktail of emotions , from nervousness to excitement to elation ,euphoria and when the team came from behind and screwed the Roosters I climaxed with them with joy and jubilation .
There is nothing as exhilarating as being a Manly supporter !!!
WwDa_FY-_400x400.jpg

Whilst I agree with most of your points, these are my "two bob's worth":

2) I beg to differ about Brian Kelly - many of us on here have been saying for weeks that he should be rested/replaced. Barrett must've finally taken notice!
3) I have noticed after every game for about a month that Green has ice on his thigh and figured it was the reason for him being rested/not playing vs the Dragons. Is definitely the 'calming influence' and steers the team around.
10) I'm fine with the all maroon - new colour combo for a new era :nod:

1. Winning is simply 90% attitude in defence.
Agree

2. A good coach makes the right changes at the right time.
I think most of us saw this coming. Reminds me of when Matai came into firsts and after a few games went back to 2nds to tweek his game. Although always rated Parker. Anyway..

3. Blake Green puzzling stats.
I personally think he is a very astute signing. Very underrated. Stats don't always paint the picture and I believe Green is the perfect example of that philosophy.(look at Cliffys stats)

4. Using two second rowers as giant centres.
It's obvious we all know that Lane could be anything. Same with Frankenstein. But when fit, Sironen goes straight back into the starting side imo. To me,the thing about Sironen is he played 5/8th at the tigers when he came into 1st grade and was touted as a long term ball player. I think a ball playing back rower is gold!!

5. Roosters
F&$k the rorters lol

7. DCE.
I have so much respect for this guy. I am just so happy he will be our halfback until he retires and becomes a politician or news reader or a motivational speaker.

8. The Trbo's.
Tom 23 runs 211 metres, Jake 16 runs 168 metres and 28 tackles. Superb.
Geez we've been blessed with 2 outstanding fullbacks in the last 10 years!!
And Jake is all heart. Future captain surely! Best thing about these two(for me) is they're Mona Vale juniors!! (My nephew plays for Mona and I briefly did too, although I was pathetic lol)

9. Notable others.
All played well, but standouts were Taupau 18 runs 203 metres (in just 44 mins and Koroisau 12 runs 136 metres 36 tackles.
Cannot argue with that

10. Finally, but most importantly, the bizarre all maroon 2017 obsession.
White shorts...keep the rest

Dont underestimate Greens contribution to the team. He is the key to unlocking DCE's full potential. He seems like the perfect fit for our team if I'm honest, not to expensive, good short kicking game, level head and can guide the team around the park and let DCE do his thing.

your forgeting the strong 14 500 crowd that turned up. The fans are starting to show up. Also 14 100 against tigers a few weeks back. Now thats what im talking about.

I'm glad we won but I must be the only one who didn't think our defence was that great. They schooled our RHS in the first half - Aku camping infield and caught out a few times. Second half they made ground and line breaks coming out of their own end quite easily, just couldn't finish. I did think our red zone defence was good though, some solid one on ones and great scramble. They made 7 line breaks -same as us. They missed 38 tackles and we missed 39. So I wouldn't say we dominated them in defence.

And don't most sides run two second rowers out in the centres ? Been going on for years so it's hardly a revolutionary playbook.

I do like the all maroon obsession though - once we ditched the white shorts we started our charge.

Just got a chance to see the match. Wow! Incredible game. To top it off with 3 of fav players involved in the DCE to Uate to Walker back to DCE try. This is one if not the best games they've played this year. I've only missed one game. Cronulla. If anyone has a link I'd really appreciate it. This team can run with anyone. I really miss Jorge Taufua. The Waerea-Hargreaves vs Taupua was marquee. It kicked in 2nd half for sure. Keep on chugging boys!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8