Zorbawatch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I live on the Central Coast
Zorba waddled in to the bottom pub at the Entrance for a punt today. I was going to say hello, but I decided to just watch him from afar. I do feel sorry for him-he was sitting alone and gambling his head off! Still he is a Manly premiership winner.......I am TORN!

Zorba waddled in to the bottom pub at the Entrance for a punt today. I was going to say hello, but I decided to just watch him from afar. I do feel sorry for him-he was sitting alone and gambling his head off! Still he is a Manly premiership winner.......I am TORN!
Missed opportunity, like when I saw him at the airport. Would have been good to have a chat. And immediately report back to us.

Natalie Imbruglia. She too was 'torn'. Zorba would've liked her, she's a good sort.@:p

I honestly hate the gambling culture in the NRL. Hey, I didn't even put in for the sweep on The Melbourne Cup.

These guys earn serious money in seriously quick time. TAB would love seeing these guys coming through the door.

I hope all the players get sound, independent financial advice early. Play it smart, and they could be comfortable post footy.

Stay OUT of TAB's. That's not the example you want a people leader imparting.

Sure, do it....but all in moderation. Don't get into stressed situations.

Footballers have always liked a punt. But it makes you wonder how many of the older generation players would have been suspended for betting on games if they were playing today?

Case in point, the 1963 GF between St George and Wests. We all know the story that Magpie prop Jack Gibson walked into the Wests dressing room that day at the SCG and told his team mates that they should lay off any bets they had on Wests to win because the ref (Darcy Lawler) had backed St George, so he had been informed. That was basically admitting that there would have been a few Wests players who had laid bets on the game. Arthur Summons also admitted it in the "That's Rugby League" video that came out in 1995.

And the Wolfman got suspended for betting on himself to score tries......

Gambling against the people who set the odds is overwhelmingly like sitting at a table burning twenty dollar bills for fun. It's an emotional activity, and far from a rational one. For some, the emotional hits can be addictive and life destroying.

How many betters are ahead of the market long term? Methinks virtually no-one. Yet you'll always hear the stories of the wins, and virtually never of the losses.

How many pies did he eat?

That is the way of this forum sometimes, 700 pages of putting ****e on things past,gets very boring at times,that and thread hijacking,i hate that.however,silvertails rock:rock:.

Zorba is not my cup of tea as a person but he does love our club and he has a hide and ego that suggests he doesnt give a rats ass about what others think of him. I just wish he would work with the others who love the club as much as he does rather than try and destroy anyone who opposes his or the Penns view.

People are just over negative at the moment (including me) about all the coaches / players the club has been getting rid of, and are looking at anything to complain about.

I hope we hit the ground running, and win quite a lot (which is a possability with this roster), because that will turn things around from a fans perspective.

I hate being the positive one ;)

Why were you torn? He wasn't torn when it came to Tooves... a premiership winning captain and Clive Churchill medallist. You should have given him a spray.
The club's treatment of Toovey was nothing short of breathtakingly disgusting, however giving him a spray in a public bar would be equally appalling .... don't you think? Cheer up Bones :)) old mate, by the end of the year you will be pissing your pants in excitement after we storm to another premiership

I honestly hate the gambling culture in the NRL. Hey, I didn't even put in for the sweep on The Melbourne Cup.

These guys earn serious money in seriously quick time. TAB would love seeing these guys coming through the door.

I hope all the players get sound, independent financial advice early. Play it smart, and they could be comfortable post footy.

Stay OUT of TAB's. That's not the example you want a people leader imparting.

Sure, do it....but all in moderation. Don't get into stressed situations.
It was a public bar, but yes you are right, the gambling/drinking culture in NRL is pretty bad.

zorba was a pretty deft hand on the park,dont quite know what to make of his unpopularity,i only remember him in a manly jersey and doing it proud

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6