Zorba's agenda

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pepi

Bencher
For as long as I have read the Manly Daily, Zorba has been a glass-half full guy. For the last few months he has rubbished the club at any opportunity.

Now it is rare for there to be a feel-good story.

What's his end game?

I have loved his last few articles he has told the truth about the club and stopped the old free advertisements. If he came out and told us the club was doing great we would all laugh so we can hardly bag him for telling it how it is. No doubt he has an agenda and looking at it Gorman looks in the firing line to me.

For as long as I have read the Manly Daily, Zorba has been a glass-half full guy. For the last few months he has rubbished the club at any opportunity.

What's his end game?

100% agree, he is sticking the boots in at every opportunity lately. All his articles recently have been highly critical of the club all while signing off his writing as a “Sea Eagles Media and Marketing consultant”.

I have loved his last few articles he has told the truth about the club and stopped the old free advertisements. If he came out and told us the club was doing great we would all laugh so we can hardly bag him for telling it how it is. No doubt he has an agenda and looking at it Gorman looks in the firing line to me.
Today ZtC claims Wright was booted by Manly, next page has Wright thanking Manly for an early release :wait:

Also claims Uate as being Manly's best winger. Uate was moved to the LHS as he let in 2-3 tries per game :swear:

What’s the theme in today’s MD? More of the same?
Manly Daily today
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/

Wingers and a prayer
Manly must realise these players are now major weapons

THE sooner the Manly Sea Eagles come to terms with the fact that wingers are now major weapons in the modern game the better.

This year, Manly had by far the most ineffective wingers in the premiership.

This was further emphasised when the club’s most experienced and best winger Akuila Uate :shake:was sidelined for the season with an ankle injury and subsequently told to look elsewhere.

Manly’s wingers lacked real speed, size and the amazing acrobatic finishing touches possessed by the likes of the Warriors’ David Fusitua, Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr and Suliasi Vunivalu and Canberra’s Jordan Rapana and Nick Cotric, who are matchwinners.

They are excitement machines. Tall in the main and experts at using the corner post to their advantage when touching down from seemingly impossible positions.

The final game for Manly against the Brisbane Broncos reinforced what fans had witnessed all season.

The Broncos’ left winger Corey Oates scored four tries and their right winger Jamayne Isaako scored one.

It was double trouble out wide all season for Manly, with the wingers unable to prevent or score tries in the main.

WRONG WRIGHT CALL

SO, WHAT is being done about rectifying the position for next season? As tipped in this column last week, promising youngster Tom Wright has been moved on despite the fact he was upgraded for a further season just 12 months ago.

Wright has blinding speed and has been a three-year project for the club since switching from rugby as a schoolboy. He was rarely given a crack at a wing spot despite his ability to play any position in the backline.

Manly went overboard to sign the youngster. He was a guest in the owner’s suite, taken onto the field to watch a pre-game warm-up and invited into the dressing room to sing the victory song after a home win.

And now he is gone.

MONEY GAME

PLAYER managers talk plenty and they are reporting that Manly is again paying incentives for ordinary players. It is a trap the big clubs do not fall for any more. Incentives come in bonuses promised if players play more games in the NRL than expected.

Take a player promised $3000 on top of his contract for every first grade game he plays. The NRL then adds the maximum amount that could be paid to that player in the salary cap. That could be the $3000 multiplied by 25 games

— or $75,000 — not being able to be used by the club.

Not a good path to go down if the reports are true.

FINALLY, WOMEN

CONGRATULATIONS to the NRL for the timely introduction of women’s rugby league to coincide with the start of finals football.

The Broncos v Dragons and Roosters v Warriors were outstanding games and showcased the skill of the women in all aspects of the game.

The 13-a-side game is the next level up from touch and there are plenty of budding stars on the northern beaches who will be drawn to league in the next few years.

The Sea Eagles need to get a professional women’s team together because the competition will grow rapidly.

What's his end game?
Unless our team starts winning and competing for the title all feel good stories are useless . Fans only feel good when their team wins .
It is finals time and every one is cheering and wearing their teams jumpers and when I see them i feel empty .
The sooner 2019 comes we can all start to have some hope for a new season .

Unless our team starts winning and competing for the title all feel good stories are useless . Fans only feel good when their team wins .
It is finals time and every one is cheering and wearing their teams jumpers and when I see them i feel empty .
The sooner 2019 comes we can all start to have some hope for a new season .
Where have these articles been when Penn, Bozo and Barrett have run the club into ground over the last few years? Why now is my question?

Zorba always has a reason for writing what he does

Where have these articles been when Penn, Bozo and Barrett have run the club into ground over the last few years? Why now is my question?

Zorba always has a reason for writing what he does
Bizzare as 2018 is the culmination of the Penn, Bozo and Barrett era :cool:

Manly Daily today
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/

Wingers and a prayer
Manly must realise these players are now major weapons

THE sooner the Manly Sea Eagles come to terms with the fact that wingers are now major weapons in the modern game the better.

This year, Manly had by far the most ineffective wingers in the premiership.

This was further emphasised when the club’s most experienced and best winger Akuila Uate :shake:was sidelined for the season with an ankle injury and subsequently told to look elsewhere.

Manly’s wingers lacked real speed, size and the amazing acrobatic finishing touches possessed by the likes of the Warriors’ David Fusitua, Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr and Suliasi Vunivalu and Canberra’s Jordan Rapana and Nick Cotric, who are matchwinners.

They are excitement machines. Tall in the main and experts at using the corner post to their advantage when touching down from seemingly impossible positions.

The final game for Manly against the Brisbane Broncos reinforced what fans had witnessed all season.

The Broncos’ left winger Corey Oates scored four tries and their right winger Jamayne Isaako scored one.

It was double trouble out wide all season for Manly, with the wingers unable to prevent or score tries in the main.

WRONG WRIGHT CALL

SO, WHAT is being done about rectifying the position for next season? As tipped in this column last week, promising youngster Tom Wright has been moved on despite the fact he was upgraded for a further season just 12 months ago.

Wright has blinding speed and has been a three-year project for the club since switching from rugby as a schoolboy. He was rarely given a crack at a wing spot despite his ability to play any position in the backline.

Manly went overboard to sign the youngster. He was a guest in the owner’s suite, taken onto the field to watch a pre-game warm-up and invited into the dressing room to sing the victory song after a home win.

And now he is gone.

MONEY GAME

PLAYER managers talk plenty and they are reporting that Manly is again paying incentives for ordinary players. It is a trap the big clubs do not fall for any more. Incentives come in bonuses promised if players play more games in the NRL than expected.

Take a player promised $3000 on top of his contract for every first grade game he plays. The NRL then adds the maximum amount that could be paid to that player in the salary cap. That could be the $3000 multiplied by 25 games

— or $75,000 — not being able to be used by the club.

Not a good path to go down if the reports are true.

FINALLY, WOMEN

CONGRATULATIONS to the NRL for the timely introduction of women’s rugby league to coincide with the start of finals football.

The Broncos v Dragons and Roosters v Warriors were outstanding games and showcased the skill of the women in all aspects of the game.

The 13-a-side game is the next level up from touch and there are plenty of budding stars on the northern beaches who will be drawn to league in the next few years.

The Sea Eagles need to get a professional women’s team together because the competition will grow rapidly.
All this coincides with bozo leaving...

Would tend to agree with Zorba on the prospects of Tom Wright maybe being able to find a home on the wing for Manly . i would think more in the Chris Hicks mould but there is in the modern game much more required to be an effective winger of course also . Whether he could have handles the positional , ruck meters and defensive requirements would have been another issue again but conversely he would not have lacked natural speed .. Taking into account he was still under contract as well ,. anyway all academic now . Think they are currently fairly selective with the criteria participation for the new ladies comp but can only be a good thing for the Sea Eagles to eventually have some participation . Zorba is only exiting his Manly club role, isn't he , guess that he will still continue to have a voice in the M D [ not that i have access to it]

Would tend to agree with Zorba on the prospects of Tom Wright maybe being able to find a home on the wing for Manly . i would think more in the Chris Hicks mould but there is in the modern game much more required to be an effective winger of course also . Whether he could have handles the positional , ruck meters and defensive requirements would have been another issue again but conversely he would not have lacked natural speed .. Taking into account he was still under contract as well ,. anyway all academic now . Think they are currently fairly selective with the criteria participation for the new ladies comp but can only be a good thing for the Sea Eagles to eventually have some participation . Zorba is only exiting his Manly club role, isn't he , guess that he will still continue to have a voice in the M D [ not that i have access to it]
I posted the MD link - it's free and you can read the Wed, Sat issues even from the past

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6