Yow Yeh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
This poor bastard is still waiting for surgery!!

In addition to the compound comminuted fracture dislocation of his right ankle he now also requires a skin graft which has put the surgery back.

Its going to be a long hard road back for him.

Gee i knew the health system was cactus, but having to wait 2 weeks for surgery on a compound fracture...WTF ?? I also just googled comminuted, ouch !!!

Yep to summarise his injury:

He dislocated his ankle
Has a comminuted compound fracture which means the bone was splintered into several pieces with one of those pieces breaking through the skin and was poking through his sock!
He requires a skin graft because the skin was so damaged as a result of the compound fracture.

They have been washing the wound every day to ensure they remove any dirt etc from in between the shattered bones to prevent infection, and are unable to operate and do the skin graft until they are sure its all clear.

Geez poor fella, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Having spent my fair share of time in hospitals I bet he's well & truly over it by now.

clontaago said:
Yep to summarise his injury:

He dislocated his ankle
Has a comminuted compound fracture which means the bone was splintered into several pieces with one of those pieces breaking through the skin and was poking through his sock!
He requires a skin graft because the skin was so damaged as a result of the compound fracture.

They have been washing the wound every day to ensure they remove any dirt etc from in between the shattered bones to prevent infection, and are unable to operate and do the skin graft until they are sure its all clear.

Ouch :(

:-/ Poor bugger. Even though he's a Bronc, I can't help but feel sorry for him. I wouldn't wish an injury like that on anyone.

Very serious injury with lots of tissue damage etc.
Last week the Manly Daily had a young man of 35 die from complications of a compound leg fracture.

He may never play Footy again :(

All the best on his recovery all the same from all Footy Supporters.:angel:

Sounds like a similar injury that a former Manly player in the 1980's, Paul beath, suffered. poor bugger never played grade football again.

Hopefully rose has been in touch with him to offer encouragement.

I wouldn't wish the injury on the bloke, but I can't help but think there is some karma here after all the dives he has taken.

Chip and Chase said:
Gee i knew the health system was cactus, but having to wait 2 weeks for surgery on a compound fracture...WTF ?? I also just googled comminuted, ouch !!!

Splintered....I hate the thought of it

God that sounds horrible. Hopefully he's bought all the **** luck with injuries now and will have a few seasons untroubled (if he can still run). Reminds of when Mr Meninga was breaking his arm constantly for about 2 seasons.

Can a mod lock this thread.

It seems to make its way to the top at meal times and is making me feel vey queezy.

Pablo said:
Poor bastard
I didn't see the game. What caused it? Must have been bad.

He jumped up trying to take a bomb to score a try, came down a little awkwardly but fairly normally and his leg took the full force

Pablo said:
Poor bastard
I didn't see the game. What caused it? Must have been bad.

* Warning *

Viewer discretion needed.
YouTube clip shows the leg/ankle being broken.

Also, if you don't like listening to Ray Hadley's voice then turn the sound off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRbEsAz-KA&feature

worst still, number 16 was offside and it would have been no try had he come down with it!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2