Young Sea Eagles ready to follow the Beaver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
THE year after Cheyse Blair and James Hasson were born, Steve Menzies began his amazing career with the Sea Eagles.

Tomorrow the rising young Manly players and 40-year-old “Beaver” will be teammates in the inaugural Auckland Nines competition.

Read More

THE year after Cheyse Blair and James Hasson were born, Steve Menzies began his amazing career with the Sea Eagles.

Tomorrow the rising young Manly players and 40-year-old “Beaver” will be teammates in the inaugural Auckland Nines competition.

And Hasson, 21, can’t wait to play alongside the man who debuted for the Sea Eagles back in 1993.

“I’m really excited,” Hasson said.

“I’ve been watched him play for the past 10 years and it’s just a good chance to play with such a great player and such a Manly legend.

“You can’t not admire the Beaver, with the headgear and the way he played.”

Hasson said all the players got a buzz when Menzies arrived at Narrabeen and started running with the team.

“It most definitely lifted the training sessions,” Hasson said.

He said the young members of the Sea Eagles squad are also looking forward to sharing some of Menzies’ experiences and stories.

Former Parramatta Eels winger Blair could have never have envisaged the situation where would have played in the same team as Menzies.

“Obviously he has big raps at this club and is one of the best players to have ever played for Manly,” Blair said. “I can’t wait.”

The Nines tournament has added significance for Blair as it presents him with another chance to impress Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey after getting a run with the top squad in last week’s opening trial against Cronulla.

“It’s a really good opportunity to repay the club for letting me come over here and I think the move is going to be good for my football,” Blair said.

Menzies remains as self-effacing as despite all the hype surrounding his return appearance in the Manly Sea Eagles jumper.

“It’s a little bit scary being a little bit older and there are plenty of young fast kids out there to run around you,” he said.

“So as long as I’m not stuck on the wing, I’m looking forward to it.”

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/young-sea-eagles-ready-to-follow-the-beaver/story-fngr8iii-1226826220949

If our Players could learn Beaver's one on one tackling technique, and supporting the Playmaker with the ball - we would continue the Manly domination way into the future :cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6