Young Hoppa shocker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
THE son of former Sea Eagles enforcer John Hopoate has been involved in an on-field racial sledging incident in a Harold Matthews Cup match against the Bulldogs.

The Manly Daily can reveal Jamil Hopoate, 16, has been forced to apologise to the Bulldogs player for calling him a “black c--t” during the trial game two weeks ago.

The Sea Eagles last night confirmed the incident and said steps were being taken to counsel the son of the former club firebrand.

“The coach is aware and we’re making sure the kid understands the seriousness of the allegation and he will be issuing an apology,” a club spokesman said.

It’s understood Jamil told the club he was retaliating to a sledge by the Bulldogs player, claiming he called him a “black Asian c--t”.

The promising young player inherited his father’s talent, but will also be forced to wear the same cloak of controversy that saw “Hoppa” become one of rugby league’s most divisive players.

More details of the incident are being sought.

Manly Daily

Meh, happens in most games played over the country. I get called Casper/Honky etc all the time, no big deal.

If they are both black is it fair game?  Like the black american's calling each other "nigger".

Garts link said:
If they are both black is it fair game?  Like the black american's calling each other \"nigger\".
I expect most black people would think its a hell of a lot different ? Would be interesting to know whether the 'victim' made a complaint or whether it was some official or passer-by that happened to hear it.

Why apologise?
Must we tow the corporate line even when it's a farce?

I wouldn't apologise to no Honkey for calling him Cracker.

I'd like to thank the traditional owners of the land for allowing me to post on this site.

I want to know if it's discrimination to call a redhead a ranga ?

My daughter plays at quite a high level of hockey with a close friend who is redheaded and she is sledged unmercifully for being a 'ranga'. That is what that foolish Pakistani spinner with the turban sledge Symonds to cause that hullaballoo last year.

Gee whiz, sledging your competitor during a sporting event, what is is the world coming to  ::)

He didn't injure the other kid so I don't see why it should even be brought up off the field. Though the Dogs' player does seem to be a bit of dog so to speak, assuming he's the one to have taken the complaint to the ref.

Symonds, Ponting and the racist dead heads in Melbourne and Liverpool have done great damage to Australia's reputation and economy.  In cohorts with hysterical Indian media of course.

I didn't mind getting sledged, but drew the line at squirrel grips.

DSM5 link said:
Really!  We had to be told?
I'll bet an old bloke of your vintage would give anything for a squirrel grip.  Anything to remind you you're still alive down there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4