Young Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Just noticed a few various opinions on this young blokes ability.
Personally I think he has loads of potential and has played very well in extremely tough circumstances.
His stats in missed tackles may not be top shelf, but I feel he is an aggressive little terrier who will only improve this area as he adds some weight and size - there's nothing wrong with his heart or effort....
Also in attack supports well and has plenty of go in him, plus has vision at the line.
Under Des could be a real big improver this season and add plenty off the bench.

Under Des could be a real big improver this season and add plenty off the bench.

Agree with all you say ..... but this comment about under Dessie in just about every post about every player is starting to amuse and bemuse me .... Fainu was plucked from reggies and did well and improved weekly with the experience .... and the more games he gets next year the more he will continue to improve .... regardless ... Ballin and Monnas in his ear will be just a bonus ....

I don't think the few hookers Des had at Belmore are singing his praises .... but having said that, Coaches don't have magic wands .... they do have a firm view of the style and structure they want the team to play ... and as the hooker is a vital enabler of that style ... strong demands are made of them .... and some hookers have the attributes that suit a coaches needs more than others ...... Des never seemed happy with any of his hookers and certainly never improved any of their games .....

In my opinion the biggest thing Des and his horde of helpers can do for this team is in the areas of confidence and patience .... trust the process and trust your team mates ..... for mine it is a head space game that Dessie is playing ..... start winning a few and this young team will all grow an extra leg .....

Sorry Maxta .... raved on a bit ..... but I think there is a lot of improvement in this team ..... at stages last year we not only competed but dominated games only to fall short at the full time bell .... a 5% improvement in the mental side of the game will see a vast improvement in our results .... It is a testament to Dessies nous and experience that one of the first new signings was a head shrinker ....

Agree with all you say ..... but this comment about under Dessie in just about every post about every player is starting to amuse and bemuse me .... Fainu was plucked from reggies and did well and improved weekly with the experience .... and the more games he gets next year the more he will continue to improve .... regardless ... Ballin and Monnas in his ear will be just a bonus ....

I don't think the few hookers Des had at Belmore are singing his praises .... but having said that, Coaches don't have magic wands .... they do have a firm view of the style and structure they want the team to play ... and as the hooker is a vital enabler of that style ... strong demands are made of them .... and some hookers have the attributes that suit a coaches needs more than others ...... Des never seemed happy with any of his hookers and certainly never improved any of their games .....

In my opinion the biggest thing Des and his horde of helpers can do for this team is in the areas of confidence and patience .... trust the process and trust your team mates ..... for mine it is a head space game that Dessie is playing ..... start winning a few and this young team will all grow an extra leg .....

Sorry Maxta .... raved on a bit ..... but I think there is a lot of improvement in this team ..... at stages last year we not only competed but dominated games only to fall short at the full time bell .... a 5% improvement in the mental side of the game will see a vast improvement in our results .... It is a testament to Dessies nous and experience that one of the first new signings was a head shrinker ....
I believe Des improved Ballins game . Ballin also played a style that complimented Des's team structure

No worries Woodsie - all is good mate....
Just to elaborate on the Des call - 1 area he really brings to the table is the siege mentallity in defence....which will be of massive benefit to a player like Fainu who seemed to go hard but 1 out often last season and was shrugged off like most smaller 9's in this situation.....the thing with Hasler is defensively there are 2-3 players making contact in a combined manner, which will add steel and confidence to a young man in his 2nd season.....not just Des to sprinkle the fairy dust on his head and turn him into Superman - agree Des has plenty to prove and this Magic recipe is more to do with improving the attitude, which has dropped significantly in recent times....I think he will - but it's not as simple as having a New coach and auto correct is turned on....much hard work, trust and having the players buy into the new regime is needed.....

Des fixing everything is the forums hope, not a guarantee but we all like to think that Des/Donny/Matty/Crusher/Mona will fix it and make them all 1st grade standard.

For the off season, I'm happy to jump on board with this. Results will speak for themselves by round 6.

He is pretty versatile, 9,7,6.
Very interested to see how he fits in to Sea's plans. Especially as I don't think Api is Des's type of nine.

I think Des having both Monaghan and Ballin working with the side will help to solve his lack of ability to get his best out of his 9's at the Dogs.

Fainu is light on his feet and can step either way and can throw a good dummy from what I've seen, he doesn't take too many silly options, so if Elgey doesn't produce I'd give him a crack at 5/8th. If not he should be our bench as a utility.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6