You had me at Brookvale..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chappo

Rookie
Hi all you tragic Sea Eagle fans,

What a great year we are having! the buzz with Des back, seeing Snake in the sheds with Turbo, Monaghan talking the boys up, Our juniors keeping our seniors honest and showing our pathways are great! Exciting times for all of us Sea Eagles fans...

Us:
I'm a qld'r (like a real one, born there! lol) with my old man in the Army we moved a bit, ok we moved more than Richie Fa'aoso, started my young life as a VFL fan - Up the Pies...sorry all
We moved from Mexico to Sydney in 87 as a family of 4, driving up the Hume on the GF day the old man put the game on and said "pick a team, who you pick is your team for the rest of your life" needless to say, all 4 where Maroon and White...
We travelled around Sydney most years with the family kitted out in the P&O jersey's, recall my mum trying to jump a fence to "help" poor defenceless? Ian Roberts from being belted by Gary Jack...we all know how that ended!
Fabulous memories of the family parking in the primary school and heading into Brookie with a sausage sandwich, some of the greatest memories of all my time!

fast forward 30 years and its been my turn to indoctrinate my children, my wife being a Riverina lass grew up on VFL/AFL with her family playing at the highest levels, so it has been a hard slog to get her into the NRL, but persistence pays off!
We now have 3 kids that have been members before they were born, and are proud to wear there colours!

Now my fondest memories are watching my kids jump the fence and run out onto the hollowed turf that is Brookie and run around in the chaos with their eyes wide and excited just like I recall doing when I was in their position, for old times sake I still do the same as my old man did all those years ago, get there bloody early, park at the school, grab the sausage and head into the hill...

Anyhow, bit long winded but get so nostalgic and worked up with these boys! Go you good things!

Great times and hopefully many, many more of them to come!

(Pic: announcing our third!)

Attachments

• IMG_7243.JPG
    IMG_7243.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 26

What a great year we are having! the buzz with Des back, seeing Snake in the sheds with Turbo, Monaghan talking the boys up, Our juniors keeping our seniors honest and showing our pathways are great! Exciting times for all of us Sea Eagles fans...

Us:
I'm a qld'r (like a real one, born there! lol) with my old man in the Army we moved a bit, ok we moved more than Richie Fa'aoso, started my young life as a VFL fan - Up the Pies...sorry all
We moved from Mexico to Sydney in 87 as a family of 4, driving up the Hume on the GF day the old man put the game on and said "pick a team, who you pick is your team for the rest of your life" needless to say, all 4 where Maroon and White...
We travelled around Sydney most years with the family kitted out in the P&O jersey's, recall my mum trying to jump a fence to "help" poor defenceless? Ian Roberts from being belted by Gary Jack...we all know how that ended!
Fabulous memories of the family parking in the primary school and heading into Brookie with a sausage sandwich, some of the greatest memories of all my time!

fast forward 30 years and its been my turn to indoctrinate my children, my wife being a Riverina lass grew up on VFL/AFL with her family playing at the highest levels, so it has been a hard slog to get her into the NRL, but persistence pays off!
We now have 3 kids that have been members before they were born, and are proud to wear there colours!

Now my fondest memories are watching my kids jump the fence and run out onto the hollowed turf that is Brookie and run around in the chaos with their eyes wide and excited just like I recall doing when I was in their position, for old times sake I still do the same as my old man did all those years ago, get there bloody early, park at the school, grab the sausage and head into the hill...

Anyhow, bit long winded but get so nostalgic and worked up with these boys! Go you good things!

Great reading Chappo! Thanks for sharing.
I'm now 47, when I was 4th grade at Macquarie Fields Primary, I asked my older bro (ex-parra supporter) what was a good team to go for and suggested Manly. Been supporting the Eagles ever since. My three boys were keen Manly supporters, dolled'em up in Manly gear since they were born, but now they all talk about is Manchester United, Juventus and Barcelona. We recently went to the Perth vs ManU game, dead-set bore fest. I'm made the proud mistake in telling my boys that the ground criwd record for a foot ball code is held by a rugby league game by two interstate teams (NSW/QLD), whereas not even a one team city (Perth Glory) and the biggest and arguably the most popular soccer team in the universe, ManU, couldn't come close to the crowd record. It's a win for Rugby League!! My boys didn't like that all important fact.
Anyways, GO MANLY!

Welcome to our site chappo and congrat's on one of the best introductions we've had on here.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and get stuck in posting. :)

aveagreatday

Us:

Great stuff Chappo, you are a great Dad :) .... Go Manly!!

Welcome brother..you are blessed with a beautiful family and even more so that they are eagles supporters. Look forward to your posts.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6