You Can't Ask That - ex footballers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Title of article:
"Willie Mason wants life bans for footy players with a history of violence against women."

Reporter Nic Savage May 7, 2021

Further on in the article....

Mason also argued any players convicted of domestic violence should be banned from professional sport for life.

“If you do anything like that you’re sacked,” he said.

“Not have six months off and you’re welcomed back in the back door and playing NRL. No, you’re done.

Link to article:
Mason: NRL star’s video ‘made me sick’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most intelligent thing Willie Mason has ever said and I absolutely agree with him 110%.

There should be zero tolerance for any professional sports people who have been convicted of any violence against women.....full stop.

And before anyone says what about men that get beat up. Yes I understand that this happens to men, it is something that I also feel strongly about and is absolutely unacceptable.

But we are talking about violence against women here and it is a cultural and societal issue that needs to be recognised for what it is.

It should not be constantly undermined with comments like:
"well it happens to blokes too",
"sometimes the woman provokes it",
"she is just making it up to get back at her partner",
"she's just bitter" and on and on......

Seriously enough is enough.

The fact is.....
'On average, one woman a week is murdered by her current or former partner.'

And this needs to stop......!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts