Yet Another Game On Top Of Stats Except For Penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BrendonStarr

Reserve Grader
54% possession

170 more running metres (94 more post contact metres)

81% completions

Errors 7 vs (10)

1631 running metres vs (1466)

33 tackle breaks vs (22)

15 offloads vs (8)

Tackle efficiency 89.7% vs (84.5%)

Missed tackles 22 vs (33)

Ineffective tackles 13 vs (32)

Errors 7 vs (10)

Penalties conceded 8 vs 6

Utter and complete bull**** once again from the refs/touchies, no rewards for dominance in defence, and Melbourne were inside the 10 on more than 10 occassions yet they were continually allowed to cheat although blatantly obvious.

This game reeks of corruption and i hope !Manly are responsible for its demise just as the game has been responsible for their demise, although forced through the bowels of corruption and incompetence in this once proud, now pitiful game of whistles and epeleptic fits!

54% possession

170 more running metres (94 more post contact metres)

81% completions

Errors 7 vs (10)

1631 running metres vs (1466)

33 tackle breaks vs (22)

15 offloads vs (8)

Tackle efficiency 89.7% vs (84.5%)

Missed tackles 22 vs (33)

Ineffective tackles 13 vs (32)

Errors 7 vs (10)

Penalties conceded 8 vs 6

Utter and complete bull**** once again from the refs/touchies, no rewards for dominance in defence, and Melbourne were inside the 10 on more than 10 occassions yet they were continually allowed to cheat although blatantly obvious.

This game reeks of corruption and i hope !Manly are responsible for its demise just as the game has been responsible for their demise, although forced through the bowels of corruption and incompetence in this once proud, now pitiful game of whistles and epeleptic fits!
And the worldwide tentacle conspiracy. Courtesy of Octoberg.

You left that out.

No lack of effort but even the best players need a game plan or some level of organisation or all that effort is wasted 9 times out of 10. Look at the Storm. Whenever Smith got the ball his team were running with him in patterns. He always had a choice of players left and right and those players were ready to take the ball. Compare that with Manly’s tap restart from a penalty when DCE ran across field waiting for someone to run forward and take the ball only to run out of options as the defence closed on him and throw the ball backward to no one, loosing 10 metres. Yes the Storm cheat and referees make dud calls but our big problem is that we’re not a team we’re a group of players. A champion team will always etc etc

No lack of effort but even the best players need a game plan or some level of organisation or all that effort is wasted 9 times out of 10. Look at the Storm. Whenever Smith got the ball his team were running with him in patterns. He always had a choice of players left and right and those players were ready to take the ball. Compare that with Manly’s tap restart from a penalty when DCE ran across field waiting for someone to run forward and take the ball only to run out of options as the defence closed on him and throw the ball backward to no one, loosing 10 metres. Yes the Storm cheat and referees make dud calls but our big problem is that we’re not a team we’re a group of players. A champion team will always etc etc

The refs did decide that game BUT you are dead right , when Scam has the ball there were players in set moves going everywhere, and so much faster than us.

The only time we looked a lot better was the first 20 when Kapow and AFB were running amok!!

Win all the stats but still can't win the game. No point blowing up at the refs, the officiating is a lottery at best of times, good teams just deal with it. So is this a coaching problem, a team execution problem, a leadership problem ??? what ? That was by any standard half a reserve grade side last night that Melbourne put up.

It's really disappointing that the refs can stop the game for around 4mins to fix someone's nose but couldn't take 10-20 seconds to work out the appropriate action for an accidental offside. If the ref had packed a scrum and the scum had scored off it that would have been bad enough, but to hand the scum a penalty within kicking distance to decide a game is verging on corrupt - yet again

It's really disappointing that the refs can stop the game for around 4mins to fix someone's nose but couldn't take 10-20 seconds to work out the appropriate action for an accidental offside. If the ref had packed a scrum and the scum had scored off it that would have been bad enough, but to hand the scum a penalty within kicking distance to decide a game is verging on corrupt - yet again
Yep gotta agree with this. These stoppages in play are a joke. I get player welfare, that's a noble pursuit, but when a guy has a head cut or a bleeding nose then take him out the back and fix him up on your time, not hold up the game and kill all the continuity and momentum. Happens every game.

Those stats are interesting- generally the team with the larger % of possession gets more penalties - it is a law of probability.

Apart from the forward passes, dubious penalties most concern was our lack of attack/Line breaks. Very pedestrian effort and also Kelly poor effort on the goal line.

Win all the stats but still can't win the game. No point blowing up at the refs, the officiating is a lottery at best of times, good teams just deal with it. So is this a coaching problem, a team execution problem, a leadership problem ??? what ? That was by any standard half a reserve grade side last night that Melbourne put up.

Thank Christ somebody else saw the same thing as me. I was beginning to think I was living in an alternative reality. I was at the ground and we were terrible. I will give them kudos for effort but not for basic execution and skill. With the players Melbourne had out I think even Bellamy was shocked to get the two points.

Thank Christ somebody else saw the same thing as me. I was beginning to think I was living in an alternative reality. I was at the ground and we were terrible. I will give them kudos for effort but not for basic execution and skill. With the players Melbourne had out I think even Bellamy was shocked to get the two points.

i was there too and we were clearly the better team, the stats also back that up.

i was there too and we were clearly the better team, the stats also back that up.

Melbourne didn't even show up, which makes things even worse. I would be reluctant to use the adjective 'better' to describe our performance, but each to their own.

You can look at stats and you can blame referees and all the rest, but...

Good teams find a way to win games and Melbourne are a better team than Manly. I thought we played well in the first half but we were just hanging on for the majority of that second half. Melbourne's defence kept us camped in our own end of the park for most of the second half...they made easy yards with the ball for the last half an hour clash, they had Slater, Addo-Carr, Kaufusi, Munster and co. sitting out the game and found a way to get the two points.

It's frustrating because our effort was there, but our structures are nowhere near as good as Melbourne, who seem to be able to bring in a team of reserve graders and still get the job done. We needed to be better attacking the Storm line early in the second half (at least get some repeat sets to mount pressure) but we surrendered meekly and they came over the top of us. I thought the score line at the end was a fair reflection of the game. We didn't score a point after half time and Melbourne clicked into gear. Yes, there were some dubious decisions but they pop up in all games and you simply have to be good enough to find a way to win; we don't.

With all the stats ,
all the possession ,
all the Storm players out ,
all the Storms errors
and all the home ground fortress support
we still could not manage to get a win .
A quote that rings out loud and clear ....
There has to be a fcking Investigation here

I think its a confidence problem honestly. The game plan and execution was good in the first half, then storm score a few decisions go against us and its heads down no effort for the rest of the match. We desperately need confidence and a sense of belief. Don't think we'll get that until next season i'm afraid.

Manly haven't fielded the same 17 all year.
We lack combinations that established sides have had years to cement. :confused:

I knew that our 3 SOO players would struggle in the second half due to their Wednesday bashfest. Stopping the game for 5 minutes, in the freezing cold cooled their bruised bodies down and their muscles were locked - another contentious Ref decision :fubar:

The accidental offside rule was explained today. It only results in a scrum if the ball hits a player in their own Team. Because Joel fell on the ball after it hit Hodko, he is then deemed to be deliberately offside :nerd:

The forward pass was seen by everyone but the officials at the ground :banghead:

Season 2018 :flogger:

We lack combinations that established sides have had years to cement. :confused:

I knew that our 3 SOO players would struggle in the second half due to their Wednesday bashfest. Stopping the game for 5 minutes, in the freezing cold cooled their bruised bodies down and their muscles were locked - another contentious Ref decision :fubar:

The accidental offside rule was explained today. It only results in a scrum if the ball hits a player in their own Team. Because Joel fell on the ball after it hit Hodko, he is then deemed to be deliberately offside :nerd:

The forward pass was seen by everyone but the officials at the ground :banghead:

I can't imagine the Storm had too many cemented in combinations in that side last night. What they had was the experience of Smith and Hoffman to get them through. See how many times they combined on that left edge in that second half. We had a lot of triers, but once again lacked leadership and direction.

The "accidental" offside penalty was fair enough. I suspect Thommo didn't even realise it had glanced Hodko's head, hence his deliberate decision to dive on what he thought was just a loose ball. That wasn't his fault, just gets caught on a technicality. The forward pass calls are a lottery in every game, you win some you lose some. What is frustrating is when the muppet with a flag is right there in line looking at it and still hasn't got the balls to call it. Incompetent.

I love you HappilyManly :h: but i think your post sucks :)

Frustrating loss for the players. Even with all the injuries we have suffered, with our 'best remaining' team on the field we can still look pretty good, especially when MT and AFB are smashing it up and getting offloads away. But our bench is very shallow and I think that shows. Not saying they won't become genuine first-graders in time, I especially liked the time on field of 15 Tanginoa.

I really thought Brian Kelly made a couple of bad calls in defence near the line, with the first Storm try he and his winger had some sort of terrible mix-up and with the second try he appeared to accomplish nothing except get in the way of the defender behind him (TT I think). He was very lucky not to be closely involved in a third Melbourne try when he chose a very bad moment to come spearing out of the line, leaving a gap which his opposing centre did every possible thing except score in. He probably owes his paycheque to 11 Thompson, who did most of the hard work of saving that one.

I thought Suli did some hard work in defence, I'd like to see him get a bit more of the ball in attack next time. I liked Fainu's game especially in the first half, liked his willingness to run. I thought young Tom Wright had a promising game, nothing to much trouble the history books but some nice kicks, nice passes, some good little runs, he looks to be a handful for the first tackler which suggests he has some strength.

The focus now should be Not Coming Last, and to achieve that I think we need to win one and perhaps two more games to make sure of it. I'd be going for maximum experience in the ballplaying, and starting DCE and Hodkinson as the halves, with Tom Wright getting experience off the bench.

If they keep trying as hard as they did for this game then we still still avoid the Spoon, which I think will end up being owned by the Doggies.

Keeping our heads up, Sea Eagles Fans!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4