YART ALERT !! YART ALERT !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, we have too many players to place. If you go with:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Jason King
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. ????

Who do you put in at 17? There's too many choices with T-Rex, Shane Rodney (who impressed), and JW Hargraves.

Then poor old Bani - where does he get a run? If David Williams starts to leak tries, I'd maybe give D Williams a holiday on the Sunshine Coast for a couple of weeks.  ;D

I believe Wolfy has a shoulder injury whihc may sideline him for a few weeks.  Could young Hoppa get a run if Bani is still out??

At this stage I believe your 17 is between Williams & Rodney with Big George & JWH after that

T-Rex i think should be in there to fill the versatility role which beaver had. When Injury occurs as it always does well then Rodney and others will get there chances to have a crack and impress.

Rodney at 17.  T-Rex (I hate that) Williams will begin in the 20s, where he should or up in the Qld Cup.  See where he needs work before putting him in with the grown ups.  George will have to get a game each week or will lose condition. 

Manly team that I predict thatwill be named

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange
14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Jason King
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Shane Rodney
Reserves
18.George Rose
19.Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

1. Brett Stewart
2. MIchael Robertson
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Chris Bailey
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Gelnn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Tony Williams
16. Shane Rodney
17. Jason King

Cuthbo needs to hold the ball properly, he's too much of a liability alawys trying to get the miracle pass away, opposition teams will hit his arm every time just like SBWanker. Tony Williams will be a monster coming off the bench and could play in a lot of positions.

Gee we have some depth at present - if people are suggesting T-Rex should be in NYC. He gives us versatility on the bench - that we don't have without Beaver.

Berkely E I like your team.  Canteen, Tony Williams is the problem (what a 'problem' to have).  What to do with him?  Three reserves?  Seeing him run around with Parra really wasn't a true picture of his skills.  Sure he's big and fast, but his hands, can he tackle, what's his positional play like?  A few questions first before putting him in with the big boys.  Geez what a dilemma.  The team is just so good looking.   

1. Brett Stewart
2. MIchael Robertson
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Michael Bani
6. Chris Bailey
7. Matt Orford
8. Jason King (only for the first week)
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Gelnn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Tony Williams
16. Rose
17. Brent Kite

All these teams are based on the premise that Bailey will work out as a 5/8. What happens if Lyon has to move back there ? Who plays centre in that scenario ? Neumann, T Williams, Bani ??

I think Des will go with the backline from WCC and up front bring in Kite for Rose, dropping King back to the bench. That'll be our starting side for Round 1. The only thing we lack there is a bit of versatility (ala Menzies) on the bench.

We are solid as a rock in the forwards, our only weak point at the moment is depth in the halves and centres. If we lose Orford, Lyon or Matai for any extended period we may struggle. Then again I'm no expert on the lower grade players, I know there are wraps on Foran and Cherry Ripe [Hodgkinson from Parra as well ?] but do people really think they will walk into 1st grade and dominate ?

No doubt there will be the inevitable injury during the course of the season, which will allow Rose, T Williams, Bani and maybe JWH a chance to show their wares. IMO we are slightly weaker than last year, mainly because of the loss of Beaver and to a lesser extent Bell, but if Bailey works out as the all passing, all kicking 5/8 that some think he is, then we will be sweet. If not.......... then we will need to find a decent centre. Anyway as Big Kev would have said "I'm excited !!!".

With injuries and SOO, more than 17 guys will play a lot of weeks anyway, so doesn't really matter too much whether T-Rex or Rodney is 17/18.

I saw T-Rex play Centre for the slime NYC team last year at Slime Stadium. We dominated and were looking good and in three runs and a few minutes he destroyed us and set them up for the win. He is very young and raw but has talent and will learn. Don't let a few games in the wilderness in their barren backline sway you. I know people don't like Grothe but he did keep him in PL for the second half of the season. Williams will destroy teams.

I for one can't wait to see Tony Williams run out in Manly colours. And i hope he plays against his old slime mates in Rd 10 at brookie and rips them to shreds.
No matter what the slime do they will always have a yellow streak down their backs.

Assuming then everyone is fit and Kite comes back and pushes King to the bench and Rose out (thought he played pretty strongly in WCC but wonder if he will regain the fearlessness of his charges pre-injury) the question is Rodney or T Williams.

Rodney had such a good WCC game that it is hard not to play him, but I too want to see what our coaching staff will unleash in T Williams.

It seems likely T Williams is being groomed play from the bench as a wide running forward. I wonder if D Williams is injured would Des bother wasting T Willaims on the wing. I'd probably prefer Bani there, for better pace and positional play, if he can get well again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6