Wyong NSW Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
Does anybody out there know who the Wyong club is affiliated to? They seem to have some decent players with names like Stromquist,, Arana Tamata, Brad Murray, Tia Kalifi. Stromquist looks reasonably good. Out of shape for NRL but still good. Jay Florimo looks so much like his old man.

No one.
The reason why they attract so many players big leagues clubs - Wyong Leaguesy, a few bowlo's check out the Wyong Group and you'll see why

I am pretty sure they r stand alone. I think we along with a few clubs have made overtures to join up with them but they have resisted. They are an extremely wealthy club and own the majority of licensed clubs on the coast

Bet Williamson is kicking himself now, losing Stromquist and him playing so well! Guess 2V as well... now the oldies are falling like Deadwood and picking some not to bad new recruits, but also a lot of some duds.

Wyong at one time were fielding teams in the Central Coast and three teams in the Newcastle Rugby League. The real NRL.

They won the NRL a few years back.

I would suggest it takes around $200K to $300K to field three teams in the NRL and maybe another $200K to field a team on the C/Coast.

So I guess pulling out of both competitions and fielding a team in the NSW cup would be around a similar cost or maybe even a bit less.

So it appears to be a good move. The admin savings alone would be healthy.

Rambo1987 said:
They will be with Newcastle next year.

Newcastle won't touch them, the 'roos did the dirty on the real NRL.

TBH wouldn't surprise me down the future if The Entrance make the jump from Ron Massey Cup to NSW Cup

eagles2win said:
Rambo1987 said:

TBH wouldn't surprise me down the future if The Entrance make the jump from Ron Massey Cup to NSW Cup

Newcastle will pull their NSW Cup team next year and use Wyong as they will only have to pay for the players they supply.
It was part of the deal when they left the Newcastle Comp last year.

Rambo1987 said:
eagles2win said:
Rambo1987 said:

Newcastle will pull their NSW Cup team next year and use Wyong as they will only have to pay for the players they supply.
It was part of the deal when they left the Newcastle Comp last year.

Umm and what'll Wests Newcastle say about this?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4