WTF Minor Prem Presentation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
Did I just see the most suspended (by weeks) player from the 'unacceptable' brawl get handed the shield by Gallop???

WTF, who in Melbourne or the NRL thought that was an acceptable idea. Sure don't glorify the fight (Even though they are), but glorify the guy who caused it all... Blair was the worst choice of player to accept the shield... just terrible.

I hope these arrogant pricks get what is coming to them.

Bummer... wish it was Adam!
Stick that up ya, Gallop!

I wanna watch Gallop present medals and a trophy to Brett, Glen & Des on GF day.

Come on Rusty. If it was Adam Blair, that's exactly what we would've wanted Manly to do.

Duff said:
Come on Rusty. If it was Adam Blair, that's exactly what we would've wanted Manly to do.

Exactly. Best way to stick it up him and his News Corp BS. We'll be hoping Brett or Glenn have a blinder in the GF (if we make it) and get the Clive Churchill

Should be made more of imo. Another one is the Club Championship (NRL + NYC combined) should be presented to both Captains of the NRL team and NYC team and then allow them to go around the ground to the joy of fans.

But in saying that I also think we should have a knockout comp as well during the season ala the Challenge Cup

There's a story on bigpond news (but I don't kniow how to post it) about the Storm fans really giving giving it to Gallop when he was trying to present the award, no-one could even hear him above the abuse and he cut short his speech.

Storm fans give Gallop frosty receptionBrought to you bySunday, September 11, 2011 - 5:55 PM
Source: BigPond Sport

Storm fans have given NRL chief executive David Gallop a hot reception in his first appearance at a Melbourne home game since the salary cap scandal.

Their reception for NRL boss David Gallop was frostier than a seat high in the stands of the Melbourne home ground.

While he might have been at the qualifying final to present the Storm with the coveted JJ Giltinan Shield as minor premiers, he was made far from welcome by the crowd.

Gallop was making his first appearance at a Melbourne game since the Storm were stripped of their 2007 and 2009 premiership titles, when their massive salary cap cheating was exposed more than a year ago.

The club also lost three minor premierships (2006-08), all competition points in 2010, and were fined $500,000.

He didn't win any more fans when key Storm forward Adam Blair was rubbed out of the finals series and the club fined $50,000 after the brawling at the recent Manly game.

The boos from the crowd started as he walked from the players race onto the field.

They reached fever pitch as the chief executive tried to speak, drowned out as some in the crowd started a 'Gallop's a wanker' chant.

Gallop realised he was on a hiding to nothing and kept the speech short, with even those out on the field unable to decipher his words before he handed the shield and a trophy over to Storm boss Ron Gauci.

At least the wintry weather in Melbourne meant the 'FCUK Gallop' T-shirts that were printed up and sold out soon after the penalties were handed down were left at home or covered up.

Chip and Chase said:
Source: BigPond Sport

Storm fans give Gallop frosty reception

Storm fans have given NRL chief executive David Gallop a hot reception

Top piece of journalism that.

They gave him the cold shoulder because they were hot under the collar ?

Graham Hughes just suggested that the reason Maurice Blair was chosen to receive the JJ Giltinan shield was because Cameron Smith refused to do it because David Gallop was presenting it..... PMSL. I hate Cameron Smith but I find that hilarious.

If Manly and their fans did that to Gallop the News lTD press and Gallop's fan club headed by Dog Wilson would have been blowing up big time today.

The Wheel said:
If Manly and their fans did that to Gallop the News lTD press and Gallop's fan club headed by Dog Wilson would have been blowing up big time today.

Don't worry we will get our turn at the GF. Can't wait.

The Wheel said:

Yeah if the Manly captain and the fans did that, Gallop would fine the club $100K and suspend several players for bringing the game into disrepute :dodgy:

What happens if Manly play Melbourne in the GF? Gallop better leave early for holidays ...or had better make his peace with the clubs before then as the talkin sport guys are suggesting today

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6