wr4e gonne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
so much for the minor premiership, what a capitulation!

we didn't back up at all, was it the ANZ Stadium hoodoo?, in any case its a grim moment, the bunnies playing for nought versus a team playing for the minor premiership.

The only positive that I can take from that is that the last game we played we really poorly was against the Dragons at Brookvale, we won the next 7 straight.That would be enough to win the GF.

I know this is a 'one off' kinda thing and it's not like we're done for, but I'd really like to see Des and Orford give some answers.  Gus wrote an article today saying that teams at this stage shouldn't be conceding more than 18 points if they're to win the comp and I can see why that is.

Listened to the ABC commentary on the way home from the game.  They indicated that with Orford in the team there is no direction in the red zone and his kicking game has been terrible all year.  Warren Ryan said that he couldn't understand why that aspect has not been addressed by the coaching staff.  I can tell you why not, Des is content to compete, not win.

Was always worried about the hangover from last week but talked myself out of that after the Storm played, sadly it rung true

Does that game alter my view on if we can take the comp, no way in the ****en world. We played absolute crap and got belted, which every other side bar melbourne has done this year.

We are at the bottom of a trough on todays performance, but i would rather be building to a peak in 7 weeks time than peaking now and tapering off

A repeat of a performance like that Mata and we won't knock the tiggers off anything.  They'll put fifty on us.  The Ox is playing poorly and has for the last six weeks, and that should be obvious to everybody.  Everybody else seems to be playing below par.  I put the finger on the coaching staff.  They're the ones being played to come up with plays to win matches.  They're the ones to pick teams that will compete to win and they're the ones that should put their hands up and do something to stop this bull****e.  Where was Cuthbo?  Who decides we need two dummy halves?  Who puts King on with a couple of games in the last ten weeks?  Who doesn't tell Choco to get his act together?  Only some of the Questions that need answering.   

DSM5, I think Ox is missing Lyon. He's been playing sh-it ever since Lyon got injured. I think he needs him there with him to alleviate some of the pressure away from him.

Correct Jethro.  But the weasel is paid more than half a million.  For what?  I miss Lyon as well and I'm not nearly as well paid.

The coaching staff didn't tackle today, they didn't drop off in intensity, they didn't spill two balls over the line and lazily chase two others or take silly options in their quarter. Ridiculous to suggest this had anything to do with the loss.

If you listened to the coach on the radio he said that the team did exactly what they were asked not to. Basically they took the opposition too lightly despite being warned by the coaches.

Canteen the writing was on the wall at half time.  Actually it's been on the wall for the last month or two.  The coaches are paid to identify problems and presumably correct them.  Hasler continues to keep players on the field who are substandard, not fit and in poor form.  He has done nothing to correct the easily identifiable problem of Orford's  'silly' kicking options, Matai's defensive weaknesses, Choco's stupidity and the up and in defensive structure to name just a couple of problems the team suffers from.  I know he's not out there playing but his direction, game plan and motivation should be.

We don't have another option kicker with Lyon out. Stewart can has a decent long kick on him, but he's one of the targets of the short kicks so you can't have him taking them.

Orford needs to f*cking knuckle down and get his sh!t sorted. We aren't building pressure and are looking quite predictable in attack (despite what the scoreline reads).

Re: Watmough. I'd be benching him and starting Hall. Hall has been playing a great brand of footy of late and doesn't have the lapses in concentration that Choc has.

As for Matai and Bell....both had off days, but have been in reasonable form of late. Bell is 2nd in NRL for line breaks and Matai (until yesterday) had most of his kinks worked out.

DVS, I just don't think that Orford can 'get his stuff together'.  He's limited, full stop.  I've been watching him for seasons and he's always got that problem of indecisiveness in the red zone. His kicking skills have deteriorated under pressure.  Surely when I can identify this the c staff can and then take some steps to correct the problems.  You can't win anything with a poor number 7 and we need to correct this, now.  Maybe LeStrange might be the answer to number 7.  Give Orford the rest of the regular season off to get his head right.  I can't see why Ballin can't play the full game.  Cameron Smith does. 

I think we tend to only remember when Ox has a bad game - not when he has a good or great game. He has had more great games than crap games.... he just saves the crap ones for the big games.....

As much as I hate to admit it - Gould is right - its all in his head.....

His skill is not limited at all - but his brain seems to be.....

Yeah Orford has been terrible lately but he's the best option we have. He needs Lyon there, Orford directs the team well but Lyon seems to be the who puts players through holes and kicks decent bombs. But there's no way Orford needs to be 'rested' for the rest of the year.

bar the last 2 weeks orfords had a great season

we just have to bid our time until lyon gets back

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4