Wow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
why can't gus say wow like a normal person. I am convinced he likes the sound of his own voice, more than anyone I have ever heard before.

What about him dribbling about the divot from Boyd's try when there was clear vision it was made by a kiwi boot?

That pissed me off no end. Once he saw one angle he went quiet but had to keep going cause he had already made a fool of him self

Bwillyant, absolutely bwillyant. You can't coach that sort of thing.

Don't get me started

I love Sunday afternoon football

The same tripe week after week, like a stuck record.

Fool Gould, Great Coach, but he is the master of verbal Diahorrea. He thinks he has the answers to our bad season.

Famous Fool Gould quotes:

- "no no no no no no!"

- "The football fireld is 68 meters wide, how can you kick the ball out in general play"

_ Don't get me started with referees.

- "Brad Fittler is my boyfriend"

- "The football gods are looking down at that team"

- Penrith are a funny team.

- Brisbane are the 2009 Grand final winners

Ben "Biased" Ikin is proably worse, but other than listening to the Great Rabs, its probably best to watch channel 9 with the volume off.

yeah his high and almighty going on about getting samples on the sideline to prove his statement about Boyd stepping out peeved me off big time- you could sense Sterlo wanting to tell him to shut up but not wanting to get into a slanging contest with a know it all.
The back and forth columns between him and Ricky in the two Sunday papers was laughable and you get the feeling he is quite an insecure customer considering he takes a double page to get his point across- at the end of the day who cares- maybe put Ricky and Gus in the boxing ring to sort it out for charity....Ricky would win but you couldn't do much more damage to Phils head looks like he was stung by a thooousand bees

I really can not stand listening to him. He is another thing ruining football for me and he has been for like 2 years

The irony of all this is that Gus is an intelligent guy but listens too much to his own publicity. The smartest guy I know came second at school to Gus (who was dux at Primary level). It doesn't show, does it???

If ownly Cwhis Fwannery was still around....shout him a hooker then point him in the direction of the Channel Nine carpark with a pic of Phil Ronald Gould

Nah, Gus is the best of the lot of them.

Once you get past his schtick (which most of you seem to be falling for) you'll find that he has more of an idea about football and is right more often than the rest of them combined.
And that's all that matters, if he's right 90% of the time, he's doing his job. If the others want to argue with him, why should he back down? If the same errors are being repeated by players, coaches or refs, how can he not repeat himself?

Sunday arvo at Brooky/Leichhardt/OkiDokey, don't ya just love it!!!

Duff link said:
Nah, Gus is the best of the lot of them.

Once you get past his schtick (which most of you seem to be falling for) you'll find that he has more of an idea about football and is right more often than the rest of them combined.
And that's all that matters, if he's right 90% of the time, he's doing his job. If the others want to argue with him, why should he back down? If the same errors are being repeated by players, coaches or refs, how can he not repeat himself?

Sunday arvo at Brooky/Leichhardt/OkiDokey, don't ya just love it!!!

being right doesn't make him good. He is an annoying ****er to listen too, I dont care if he was never wrong, it wouldnt make him any better to listen to, and as a commentator that is what counts

Being right is all that counts in anything.

I'd rather get it how it is & get a bit of insight than listen to more pleasant or more entertaining waffle.

How about no waffling?

I just want them to call the game, I dont want relative disputes about whether a try is a try or which blade of grass was displaced by whom.

Gus is the main culprit in this. People like Sterlo and generally Rabs and especially many of the radio callers, just call the game. being right shouldnt be involved.

Rabs is terrible. He's losing the plot & that's assuming he had it in the first place. He continually plays this confused every-man/punter thing & that gets annoying. Gus brings a more analytical angle to it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6