Would the players want to make the 8 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
To be clear ... I am not talking about the Mighty Sea Eagles .... of course they are all paragons of Integrity ....

However, if you were in a team close to the 8 .... like the Warriors ... who have been away from their families and normal lives for 8 months ... would you kill yourself to stay in the bubble and play a semi .... with no real likelihood of winning ?

No matter how many times you told yourself yes you would ... subconsciously your performance would be effected ...

Lose ... go home and party .... win ... stay in a hotel with a bunch of hairy mungos for another couple of weeks .... hmmm

To be clear ... I am not talking about the Mighty Sea Eagles .... of course they are all paragons of Integrity ....

However, if you were in a team close to the 8 .... like the Warriors ... who have been away from their families and normal lives for 8 months ... would you kill yourself to stay in the bubble and play a semi .... with no real likelihood of winning ?

No matter how many times you told yourself yes you would ... subconsciously your performance would be effected ...

Lose ... go home and party .... win ... stay in a hotel with a bunch of hairy mungos for another couple of weeks .... hmmm
Just to be clear....are the hairy mungos male or female?

Just to be clear....are the hairy mungos male or female?

WOW ... if you asked that question at a Teachers Union meeting you would be stoned to death ... and then forcefully re-educated using words like fluid, agender, bigender, nonbinary idenity, pangender, androgynous, neutrois, demigender or 100 other correct and appropriate definitions ...

However, in this instance, picture George Rose is a mankini ......

I’d be thinking we’ve sacrificed so much already. No one would begrudge us if we turned it up to go home. But that would be my reason to make a dent if you were to make the semis.
Have a crack, there’ll be plenty of support, and finish on a positive.

The players may well want to go home to see their families and no one could begrudge them for that. But I can't see them turning it up in games just so they can do that.

Playing Finals football is one hell of an incentive.

The players may well want to go home to see their families and no one could begrudge them for that. But I can't see them turning it up in games just so they can do that.

Playing Finals football is one hell of an incentive.

All that is true ... but the subconscious mind has a powerful influence ....

Maybe we can get Cronulla players to think that way, Woodsie

My old head on their young shoulders - such an attractive image! - would say bust a gut and keep playing because a day will come, much sooner than you think, that you will groan when you have to get up from a chair.
But who knows what young men might think - though I have some idea ....

Woodsie,

FFS, I’m eating my lunch and you bring up the image of big Georgie in a mankini; please don’t do that again, all I’m glad about, in relation to that mental image, is that you didn’t have an actual photo to post.

P.S. Nothing personal George as I reckon the feeling would be mutual.

Warriors are in interesting question, I think that they would want to make it for a number of reasons

1 - It validates the sacrifice they made, apart from the fact that they are paid professionals - they play to make finals and ultimately win

2 - The players that are in the team are committed (some on loan). They have I believe 6+ players out on compassionate grounds (ie couldn't bear to be away from family for various reasons which is understandable). So it stands to reason that those that remain in the team want success - or extended time away from the family

The players definitely don’t want to make the 8. They get paid the same whether they do or not, and if they don’t they get an extra month of playing x box and getting on the piss.

100 % id be having a crack and not only trying to make the 8 but try and win the comp. Could you imagine the story if they somehow went on a run and made it to the GF. It would be Rugby league folklore, of course you'd want to be a part of that. Why bother playing the whole year, away from home just to throw in the towel at the last minute?

To be honest it probably mean staying here for an extra week, two at most.
Im sure most players would love to get into the finals, i they did make it they would get a lot of support from fans whose team missed the eight.

If the players were only putting in for the glory of the club then they might struggle for motivation. For the most part I reckon players put in for their team mates and staff that they interact with on a daily basis, aswell as personal pride in their own performance. It's these people that have sacrificed so much that the Warriors won't want to let down.

I am not suggesting that many players will deliberately think .. fukk it .... but during the grind of the match, that motivation and desire to compete for the 1%er's is compromised ... subconsciously if you are dreaming of the wife and kids ...

Every team has 2/3 Gung Ho types that will kill on sight every game ... and 2/3 that have the pride that just can't help giving it everything .... but all teams have some that are less infested or are just normal ...

However, in this instance, picture George Rose is a mankini ......

teehee...ugh

Also - read this today:

ROSE’S SMART MOVE GETTING TOP MARKS
We used to think most retired old front-rowers were one beer short of a six pack.

Not always. Big Georgy Rose is soon to graduate in business and commerce at Sydney University.

“He’s super smart,” says his brother, fight promoter Matt Rose.

George works at the NRL in indigenous affairs but is about to quit to join his brother’s management and boxing stable.

They look after Tim Tszyu, Latrell Mitchell, Cody Walker and Jack Wighton.

Shush @Woodsie . You should've posted this after tonight's game. Now you've gone and ruined Des's under the radar finals plan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7