Worst reporting ever

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member

Tomkins' actions immediately drew comparisons to John Hopoate among league fans, after the then-Manly winger was suspended for 12 matches for a similar incident in 2001.

I thought hoppa was playing for the tigers, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good Manly bashing

Last edited:
Terry Lamb has got his fingerprints all over this.....
Anyway what Hoppa did was all in jest.....
In Auckland last night, former players Matthew Ridge and Marc Ellis played down the incident.

Ridge told the Herald he did not believe calling in the police was necessary, but said he wouldn't do that kind of thing himself.

Marc Ellis agreed: "It wasn't a sexual act, it was lighthearted."

Tomkins' actions immediately drew comparisons to John Hopoate among league fans, after the then-Manly winger was suspended for 12 matches for a similar incident in 2001.

I thought hoppa was playing for the tigers, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good Manly bashing
Yeah he was,Lamb and Langmack were there at the time, and they showed them on the sideline in one game that he did it, and camera,s panned onto them and they thought it was hilarius

As the report says warrington beat hull fc when it was the other way round then I would take anything said in it with a pinch of salt

Yeah he was,Lamb and Langmack were there at the time, and they showed them on the sideline in one game that he did it, and camera,s panned onto them and they thought it was hilarius
Yeah the story went , they encouraged Hoppa to do it and so laughed about it . When it all blew up they left Hoppa standing on his own , But that's Hoppa does S#!t that's not really in his best interest of the people around him

The article itself actually says "when the Manly winger was banned in 2001".

That whole incident had absolutely nothing to do with Manly. Hopoate was playing for Wests Tigers at the time (and had been since 2000) and they were playing the Cows in that game, not us.

Edit ... in 2001, there was no actual Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the NRL. It was the Northern Eagles.

Last edited:
3B8BE7A6-A887-4E77-83F6-1A2E29029983.jpeg

From the NT News a few years ago.
I think this story was nominated for a Pulitzer prize.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7