Worst forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Starling, Mateo and JSL played NSW cup today so looking better until more injuries hit.

BJ is listed at round 18 so early July.

Can't we sign someone who IS wanted by their club.

That is part of the problem we currently have with our pack. For the most part (other than Matty Ballin, Jake Trbojevic and Ferris), our pack is made up of players not wanted for one reason or another by other clubs.

Souffs didn't put up much of a fight to keep Starling or Burgess.

I doubt Newcastle were all that unhappy to see Willie leave.

Mateo is like a back row version of Chris Sandow. Has occasional flashes of brilliance, but can't sustain that for more than a game or two before his form drops.

T-Red has been good for us, but he couldn't crack a regular spot at the Rorters and only played 27 games for them in 4 years. The same could be said of Lui in Brisbane when he played 32 games in 3 years, and it wasn't like the Donkeys were setting the world alight in those years.

Most of our pack has come here looking for more first grade games because they couldn't crack it at their previous clubs. We're currently on the bottom of the ladder, stone motherless last, and everyone is of the opinion that other than a few notables, our pack basically sucks. Is it any wonder when its almost entirely filled with rejects from other clubs?

We've replaced premiership players and rep players such as Kite, Perry, Gifty, Choc, T-Rex and Kingdog with other clubs discards. Its no wonder we have a pop gun pack.

T-Red has been good for us, but he couldn't crack a regular spot at the Rorters and only played 27 games for them in 4 years.

I think you'll find red's lack of game time at the cocks was his horrid run with injuries, I honestly think if he hadn't succumbed to so many he would still be on the cocks books. Even here he has his fair share of injuries and pretty much all of this year he has started in his favoured position in the back row then we get an injury in the back line and he is our bandaid backup. If he could've and maybe still can string together consecutive games together and stay in his preferred position he can be great for us, he has been quite solid in a few games this year

Luke Burgess is rubbish, he is not first grafe quality, He drops balls and is hopeless in defence, go through the past games and see how burgess just lets trys in. When Sao and Trubojevic are on we are much stronger, mason and burgess just kill our defrence. But i blame burgess more. Mason is better in defence.

I think you'll find red's lack of game time at the cocks was his horrid run with injuries, I honestly think if he hadn't succumbed to so many he would still be on the cocks books. Even here he has his fair share of injuries and pretty much all of this year he has started in his favoured position in the back row then we get an injury in the back line and he is our bandaid backup. If he could've and maybe still can string together consecutive games together and stay in his preferred position he can be great for us, he has been quite solid in a few games this year

True, they let him go only due to injuries, rorters fans were spewing big time when we grabbed him.

Lets be honest and ask, who from our pack would get a regular first grade spot at any of the clubs in the top 8 right now?

Matty Ballin - yes
Jake Trbojevic - yes
Luke Burgess - maybe
Justin Horo - maybe
Feleti Mateo - maybe
Blake Leary - maybe
Danamis Lui - maybe
Tom Symonds - yes
Willie Mason - no
James Hasson - no, unless he has a collection of coach and goat photos
Ligi Sao - maybe
Jesse Sene-Lafeo - maybe

And of those injured.....

BJ - yes
Ferris - yes

Well, that's what I think at least. The reality would probably be different.

That is part of the problem we currently have with our pack. For the most part (other than Matty Ballin, Jake Trbojevic and Ferris), our pack is made up of players not wanted for one reason or another by other clubs.

Souffs didn't put up much of a fight to keep Starling or Burgess.

I doubt Newcastle were all that unhappy to see Willie leave.

Mateo is like a back row version of Chris Sandow. Has occasional flashes of brilliance, but can't sustain that for more than a game or two before his form drops.

T-Red has been good for us, but he couldn't crack a regular spot at the Rorters and only played 27 games for them in 4 years. The same could be said of Lui in Brisbane when he played 32 games in 3 years, and it wasn't like the Donkeys were setting the world alight in those years.

Most of our pack has come here looking for more first grade games because they couldn't crack it at their previous clubs. We're currently on the bottom of the ladder, stone motherless last, and everyone is of the opinion that other than a few notables, our pack basically sucks. Is it any wonder when its almost entirely filled with rejects from other clubs?

We've replaced premiership players and rep players such as Kite, Perry, Gifty, Choc, T-Rex and Kingdog with other clubs discards. Its no wonder we have a pop gun pack.
Well said. We are just getting what we are paying for and those guys are probably all we could have afforded anyway. The cracks were patched up a bit when we had some more senior guys out there as well but the cracks are wide open now and our lack of quality in the forwards is there for all to see. They are **** and are getting it in the arse every week.

There was a debutant called Shaun Lane for the bulldogs today, 20 year old 110kg 198cm still filling out too. Renowned by dogs for his hands and good work rate. He is off contract end of year, i honestly hope we sign him up ASAFP, need players like this,

Well said. We are just getting what we are paying for and those guys are probably all we could have afforded anyway. The cracks were patched up a bit when we had some more senior guys out there as well but the cracks are wide open now and our lack of quality in the forwards is there for all to see. They are **** and are getting it in the arse every week.
That won't change much. With what we are paying for DCE we won't have much to spend on big powerful forwards. Our only hope is to develop them and get a season or two out of them before someone else, who didn't pay stupid money for their halfback, comes in and buys them.

That won't change much. With what we are paying for DCE we won't have much to spend on big powerful forwards. Our only hope is to develop them and get a season or two out of them before someone else, who didn't pay stupid money for their halfback, comes in and buys them.
I'm guessing you're a glass half empty kind of guy ?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4