World Club Challenge Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi guys

I am sorry if this looks like a "free advertisment"...I suppose it is but I thought you'd like to be aware that the details are out for the Official Supporters Tour to the World Club Challenge in Leeds on the 1st of March.

There has been a good deal of interest in those wanting to go and a full colour  brochure (PDF format) is available either on the MWSE website, or direct from me if you wish...just shoot me an e-mail on [email protected] and I'll be happy to send one through to you. It's set to be a fantastic 11 days, although you can extend and do extra stuff (or your own stuff) if you wish...anyway the details are out if you are at all interested.

Go Manly (in 2009)

Mark

Drool!!! Would be great and I still feel angry when I see the Youtube video of the 87 game against Wigan. We were ripped off. Good luck to all who can manage to get there!!!

You'd be surprised how many people are interested in going......I guess it's one of those "possibly once in a lifetime" type things....I mean IF we didn't win a GF againfor another 10 years ask yourself where you'd be and what you'd be doing in 10 years.

Would you be richer and be able to afford it better
Would you be married with Kids and have no way of getting away
Would you be old and buggered (like me) and not able to walk on cobblestones (I am NOT really that bad but could be in 10 years)
Would I be in my own business and not able to spare the time
Would I be poorer as I am about to gte amortgage and buy a house

All questions you should ask when turning down the opportunity to travel in 2009.

Many people will say in a year or two's time " jeez I wish I had gone, that sounded such fun"

All I can say (having spent over 30 years doing these things) is that "Like Minded" group travel, especially to a major sporting event, can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.

I can tell you a hundred stories about taking people away and them still talking (years later) about the beers we had in that little Irish Pub, or the French girls we chatted up in that bar before attending the Rugby World Cup.....and you have no doubt heard the saying "what goes on on tour stays on tour", this trip will be just like that.

But naturally I understand that if you can't afford it well you can't afford it...it is just such a pity that you can't as it will be a great  trip!!!

I agree BUT I did say "if"...mate if anything I am positive!!!

I do actually think we have a big chance of going back to back for the reason that I just can't see where the other sides can improve enough...the Storm are "goneski"...the affect of 40-0 and the loss of players will have a HUGE impact on them in 2009.

So if not the Storm who else???

The only ones I can see that may iprove are the Bronco's and they have their own off field drama's to deal with which may have a huge affect on their on field perfromance.

But winning back to back has not been doen for some time (The Bonkos in 1992-93 I think) so who knows???

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178849.msg202130#msg202130 date=1225259445]
In 10 years we'll all be dead or speaking mandarin. 
???????????
[/quote]  Well Mark asked what we'd be doing in ten years' time, so I told him.

Interesting how a discussion on a WCC Tour can change to how we will all be speaking Chinese...BUT as I travel to and from work each day on the train let me tell you that might not neccesarily be as stupid as it sounds!!!

Hope they all become Manly supporters

Now that's a novel idea.....maybe we can sell club memberships to all the Chinese of the Manwe Football Club.

I'll add my two bobs worth for 10 years time.

As I am probably older than most of you in 10 years time I'll either be

1) Not alive any more
2) Sipping a coldie watching the cheap shares I bought in 2008 going gangbusters and watching all the "white pointers" on the beach from my beachfront mansion.

Well I can at least dream can't I??????

Are the white pointers you hope to watching, Sharks or breasts? :)

Good to see the details of the proposed travel to the World Club Challenge up on mwse.com

I hope that many take up the offer.

Good man is Mark...
I know he has put a huge amount of time and effort over the last couple of years in to getting the supporter's tours option up and running and has faced all sorts of set backs ranging from the NRL re-arranging the Broncos fixture the season before last to Beavers last game at Brookie (Titans) being eventually played on a Monday (Which meant the plans he had to transport people from around the country to the game fell over as it wasn't a weekend fixture)
The package looks great and will be an awesome trip so hope he gets a fair few signing up

Vid

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7