World Club Challenge in Australia next year (a possibility?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
MANLY officials will investigate the possibility of hosting their World Club Challenge match against Leeds in Australia next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-push-for-world-club-challenge-20111009-1lfxk.html#ixzz1aMa67oGs

Its not an NRL hosted event, does this mean we share 50/50 profits or does the ARL/ESL pocket the proceeds?

It would be great if it was held at Brookvale Oval but that would be too small, I guess?

Saturday night in February would be a great event at Brookie!

Also some talk one day it could be a neutral location (say) half way … like Hong Kong if they could get it underwritten & sponsored accordingly! (they should do this one day!!).

The Wheel said:
I reckon Mark will be pissed off
haha..I reckon after the organising he and Chris have been doing it was in fact Mark who put the idea out there!:p

No doubt I'd love the WCC to be in LEEDS, and that's where I think it will be....it's the English Football League that fund the whole thing, I had a LOT to do with them in 2009, it's one of the Jewels in their Crown and they make a motza from it and they would NOT make a motza down under.

The NRL "tolerate" it for the development of the game, but would they put up the $500K just to get Leeds here and accommodate them????

So coming to Oz......be surprised to see that BUT then again I thought Des Hasler would retire from being a coach as Manly Coach (after about 25 years) so I know ****e!!

Was talking to my nephews girlfriends sister who leaves for leeds in 2 weeks time, wanted me to send her a Sea Eagles scarf, she is planning on going to see the game when and if Manly go over.

OneEyedEagle said:
Was talking to my nephews girlfriends sister who leaves for leeds in 2 weeks time, wanted me to send her a Sea Eagles scarf, she is planning on going to see the game when and if Manly go over.

dibs

Jono said:
OneEyedEagle said:

dibs

If only I was 20 years younger, cute little ranga

Mark from Brisbane said:
No doubt I'd love the WCC to be in LEEDS, and that's where I think it will be....it's the English Football League that fund the whole thing, I had a LOT to do with them in 2009, it's one of the Jewels in their Crown and they make a motza from it and they would NOT make a motza down under.

The NRL "tolerate" it for the development of the game, but would they put up the $500K just to get Leeds here and accommodate them????

So coming to Oz......be surprised to see that BUT then again I thought Des Hasler would retire from being a coach as Manly Coach (after about 25 years) so I know ****e!!

As said in the other about this.

Another reason as why it's so frustrating to be a Rugby League supporter at times when some people in power are incompetent i.e Gallop, Carr.

This sport will never realize its true potential while these idiots are on the board.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
ANZ or SFS as a double header with
Charity shield Dragons v Souths
WCC Manly v Leeds

Surely would have to be ANZ if this was to happen, they get near 30,000 for charity shield, and would surely get more than an extra 10,000 for WCC.

Hey Mark

Looks like you know what I know = ****e

I had Hasler stepping down in 2025, and Manly maybe scraping into the 8 in 2011.

I reckon it would go alright as a double header at Suncorp with the All Stars Game on a rotation with the UK every other year.

Sydney gets the grand final
Brisbane gets a novelty rep game and a world championship in one then. Crowds up there have proven they deserve big ticket events, and it's a not overly expensive trip for fans of whoever wins the comp to get up there.

sure it'd rob the all stars / indigenous team of premiers players but also open the door for some younger folk to gain rep experience too.

It's not a bad idea to partner it up with other matches ie The Charity Shield.
But would make an exception with two clubs Wigan and St Helens these two clubs should be able attract a huge crowd by themselves.

I remember when Wigan came out in '94 I think it was and the game against the Broncos had a really healthy crowd.

I Think it would have to of been pre arranged well in advance to move it here, would love to see it but i doubt 2012 will be in Australia. Plus im looking forward to going to leeds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6