Wolfman reveals there is talk about his future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wolfman reveals there is talk that he may switch to badminton .in his interview on MWSE he reveals there is talk about his future ..I believe he still has plenty to offer he claims he is fit and ready with this year to run on his contract he knows he has to put pressure on the other guys i personally hope he gets back to first grade otherwise he may have to go to badminton . any thoughts on a bearded man in badminton ?

I thought that interview with Wolfman on Wednesday was excellent. He answered all the questions professionally and gave the impression he is fully focussed on getting his old form back, with 1st grade in his sights.
Yesterday his comeback game showed me he means business and he lived up to his ambitions with the limited opportunities he was given (though its early days and only a trial).
It was so good to see the old Wolfie back and I reckon he'll achieve his aim and be back howling on the wing for us in the not too distant future.

How David Williams was treated by Manly fans on this site and commentators is a disgrace. We all saw how hard it is to defend kicks to wingers that are stationary up against on the run taller targets with other players on the wing.

Even defensively not all errors are due to the winger just easier to blame a cheaper target on the contract books "at times".

Wolfy was strong yesterday which was great to see. Must say last year in NSW Cup is was way below his best and lacking any sort of confidence. He is a quality winger and could be a real asset

Wolfy was strong yesterday which was great to see. Must say last year in NSW Cup is was way below his best and lacking any sort of confidence. He is a quality winger and could be a real asset
He struggled all year after his 9s injury.

I hope he goes well but I thinks he's a back up now only, the young guns need to be given their chance otherwise we will lose them.

But he has something they don't yet have, loads of experience oh AND a Premieship ring.

How David Williams was treated by Manly fans on this site and commentators is a disgrace. We all saw how hard it is to defend kicks to wingers that are stationary up against on the run taller targets with other players on the wing.

Even defensively not all errors are due to the winger just easier to blame a cheaper target on the contract books "at times".

Hi TC,

I'm curious what you think of David Williams. Strengths on the field? How Toovey should use him in 2015? Whether injury &/or any loss of pace can be surmounted? Have we seen his best or is there more to come? Can he push through the other outside backs to get more games at Manly?

I am a fan of DW - he is a player who has done his job in one of the most successful periods of our club. Of course his charisma & looks give him popularity with fans but his record on-field is great. I'll never forget some of the tries he's scored (hoping that there are more) & I think we missed his hard work taking hitups coming out of our own end during 2014.

I agree he was lambasted but his form had dropped (injury?) and 2014 was a year to forget for him.

I hope he stays and regains form.

Love the Wolf, but I can't see him cracking a first grade spot unless we suffer some injuries. I think at full strength Hiku, Taufua and probably Blair might be preferred at this stage. Gutherson is in that mix as well. We have to start throwing these young guys some bones, get them some exposure at NRL level and keep them interested otherwise they get frustrated.

Wolf had a bit of a shocker in a couple of high profile games, which has tarnished his rep somewhat. I still think he is a great finisher and has been a key part of our success since 2008, but I can't see him playing a big part this year sad to say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7