Wolfman out for 5

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
This is Bani's chance to take back the spot, but then how would you justify dropping the current winger who's won the premiership, WCC and is an Aus rep?  If that happened he'd definately leave Manly...

from news.com.au:

MANLY'S star winger, David "Wolfman" Williams, is likely to miss the first five rounds of this season with a shoulder injury.
Williams sustained the damage in Manly's 28-20 win over English champions Leeds in the World Club Challenge last Monday morning. It's not known if Williams will require surgery.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler will use either new recruit Tony Williams or Michael Bani as Williams' wing replacement.

Manly arrived home yesterday from England with off-contract Williams hoping to have his future secured shortly.

"I tried to leave that all at home while I was in the UK and hopefully it will be all sorted out in the next few weeks," he said.

"I don't know if I'll have something sorted out before the season kicks off but it would be nice so I could then concentrate on things. I certainly won't be looking at the UK - not at this stage of my career."

Meanwhile, Hasler was expecting rival teams to push Manly throughout the season and he even nominated South Sydney as a dark horse.

"They showed some good signs last year, they're a big side and have great defence and good young blokes like (Chris) Sandow and (Issac) Luke and John Sutton," Hasler said. "I think John Sutton is the key for them.

"He just has to play consistent footy and I think he's a real talent.

"They'll really test some sides. I'm surprised people aren't rating them and a few experts have left them out of the eight."

Manly fullback Brett Stewart is coy about the chance of securing back-to-back premierships.

"We aren't getting ahead of ourselves," Stewart said.

"There is still a lot of football ahead of us."

Eggson, can you please post this via Articles >> Submit Articles

With the money he's chasing he was very unlikely to stay in any case, I don’t think we lose anything with Bani in fact we probably gain in the defensive area + save some very valuable salary cap $$$

He's only a winger after all.

Dan link said:
Eggson, can you please post this via Articles >> Submit Articles

Sorry Dan,  forgot about the new format of the place.  Was rushing to get it in at work, i'll remember to do that from now on...

It Wolfman's out, hope Bani is fit and selected. Give T-Rex a go in a position better suited, wing isn't his best position for debut.

Dan, would posting this article outside of the forum effectively stifle discussion of it? Not saying that it definitely would.  It just seems like it would. Passionate supporters like yourself may read everything in the articles section, but would others even look, given their time limitations?

Rex, I can't see how posting this article outside of the forum would effectively stifle discussion of it. It is not much different to the way things were before except for now only a portion of the story is displayed in the forum but there is a link to the full article if you want to read it and when you do read the full article there is another link to put you back to the topic's discussion. If anything, you only lose the amount of time it takes to open up the windows after clicking the links which is only a few seconds. :)

Rex link said:
It Wolfman's out, hope Bani is fit and selected. Give T-Rex a go in a position better suited, wing isn't his best position for debut.

Dan, would posting this article outside of the forum effectively stifle discussion of it? Not saying that it definitely would.  It just seems like it would. Passionate supporters like yourself may read everything in the articles section, but would others even look, given their time limitations?

Rex not at all. The way the system is now set up is that when you post an article to the front page, it then posts the news article directly into the forum as well. So the net result is ultimately the same.

However Search Engines pretty much hate forums, so posting it on the front page, means search engines pick it up and happy days for young and old as well as discussion still flowing

If you see the forums posts that are titled
News: blah blah

These are articles that were posted via the front page. If you then view the article via  the front page, at the bottom it shows "What is being said about this article"

it then shows the last 3 posts in the forum in regards to the article and a link to join the discussion.

There is no way that dicussion would be stifled. In any other site, sure, but not with the way I have programmed this site

Dan

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=179402.msg209500#msg209500 date=1236208458]

Rex not at all. The way the system is now set up is that when you post an article to the front page, it then posts the news article directly into the forum as well. So the net result is ultimately the same.

However Search Engines pretty much hate forums, so posting it on the front page, means search engines pick it up and happy days for young and old as well as discussion still flowing

These are articles that were posted via the front page. If you then view the article via  the front page, at the bottom it shows "What is being said about this article"

it then shows the last 3 posts in the forum in regards to the article and a link to join the discussion.

There is no way that dicussion would be stifled. In any other site, sure, but not with the way I have programmed this site

Dan
[/quote]
Agreed Dan which was basically what I was saying in my post previous to your reply.

If anything it should improve discussion as people who only visit the front page may be enticed to post in the forums

he didn't go to UK but that gave him an extra month rehab back here - not sure if he is right for Round 1 though

Byso, didn't quite get that one.  Did you mean that now that he's injured he'll be cheaper to resign or what?  I personally worry about this player.  He's the weak chink in the armor imo.  His defense is just so suspect and he makes rash decisions.  Sure he could develop into a cult player, and don't we all love them, but a solid Bani or T Williams would do me.  And to ask for 200 plus per season is perhaps getting ahead of himself.  He should sit in the room of mirrors and have a long hard look at himself and ask the question, would I be the player I am anywhere else?  The answer to that question is, No!     

Yes thats what I was getting at.

He and other club will realise he is human and not the immortal Wolfman ;)

Dan link said:
... Dan, would posting this article outside of the forum effectively stifle discussion of it? ...

These are articles that were posted via the front page. ...
Dan
[/quote]

Thanks for making that clear Dan.  Seems a very good system. Smart innovation.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179402.msg209514#msg209514 date=1236215028]
... Dan, would posting this article outside of the forum effectively stifle discussion of it? ...

These are articles that were posted via the front page. ...
Dan
[/quote]

Thanks for making that clear Dan.  Seems a very good system. Smart innovation.
[/quote]

Thanks mate. Been trying as many different angles to make this site more than just a forum and I am finally hitting on a few ideas that are working the article hits have gone up as well as other parts of the site

so these are all your ideas now dan?

LOL, J/K mate, btw what happened to the all grey site i suggest?

DSM5 link said:
Byso, didn't quite get that one.  Did you mean that now that he's injured he'll be cheaper to resign or what?  I personally worry about this player.  He's the weak chink in the armor imo.  His defense is just so suspect and he makes rash decisions.  Sure he could develop into a cult player, and don't we all love them, but a solid Bani or T Williams would do me.  And to ask for 200 plus per season is perhaps getting ahead of himself.  He should sit in the room of mirrors and have a long hard look at himself and ask the question, would I be the player I am anywhere else?  The answer to that question is, No!      

To be fair he is just trying to get the max amount of pay possible (and yes cashing in - but can you blame him?)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4