Wolfman Confirmed for 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
The Who said:
If nothing else he should be employed to design the MWSE jerseys.

Stevie Wonder would do a better job than whoever designed the 2015 jerseys.

Not exactly bad news.. If Jorge's high ball jitters continue wolfie may get his old spot back. On his day is a good player..lnows how to finish and ok under the bomb. R ember that he played for nsw and Australia. Don't think he's washed up yet.

sapphire coast sea eagle said:
bones said:
The Who said:

Not exactly bad news.. If Jorge's high ball jitters continue wolfie may get his old spot back. On his day is a good player..lnows how to finish and ok under the bomb. R ember that he played for nsw and Australia. Don't think he's washed up yet.

NSW and Australia were probably wishing that wasn't true...

bones said:
The Who said:

Agree with everything you said except the ok under the bomb part. He is a great finisher, runs hard, gives it 100% every time he plays, but he is terrible under the bomb. The same can be said of Jorge Taufua.

bones said:
bones said:
The Who said:

Agree with everything you said except the ok under the bomb part. He is a great finisher, runs hard, gives it 100% every time he plays, but he is terrible under the bomb. The same can be said of Jorge Taufua.

I well remember the 2013 GF Bombs.

ok so I conveniently forgot his 2013 gf performance albeit against a much taller player in Daniel Tupou. Generally quite safe with his hands but Jorge seemed consistently troubled under bombs. Jorge also runs hard and can be perhaps more damaging with kick returns. If something happens to brett stewart, how does Hiku at fullback and Jorge and wolfman on the flanks sound? pretty good to me overall.

Hamster Huey said:
Sportal indicates Williams has another year and is training with the squad today.

Woohoo, that's made my day, there's hope yet, thanks HH :)

If something happens to brett stewart, how does Hiku at fullback and Jorge and wolfman on the flanks sound? pretty good to me overall.

Sounds good to me too.

Weaknesses get exposed by top teams in big games.

Jorge and Wolfy have to be in outstanding form to grab a spot for mine. Nothing like their 2014 form. They are currently known opposition easy targets - weaknesses under the bomb. If Jorge gets back to 2013 form, he offsets this weakness with powerful running. Wolfy has to go back to earlier form than 2013 to be in the running.

Blair, Hiku and Gutherson all give us good shots at defusing bombs.

At his best Wolfie was great, but he is a spent force in my opinion. He showed a real lack of speed last year, and without it, he just doesn't keep up with the modern day wingers anymore. I understand Hiku is no speedster, but he is extremely safe under the high ball and has a great fend and works hard.

Blair, Gutherson, Taufua, and Hiku should all be picked ahead of him.

I believe he can get back to his explosive best. Fingers crossed anyway. His injury in the 9s set him back, lasted all year so he struggled.

Welcome back Wolfie. If he gains his confidence again he'll be a very valuable player for us and might surprise a few people.

Shirt off for training photos please Wolf.:)

I think this is the year we need to see a lot more of Gutherson, so he has got to be playing this year (at least more often than not). To me that means that Jorge, Wolf and Blair are fighting for that backline utility spot. For me that's Blair, I just think he offers more, but I love we have options. Let's face it, it's a very long season, and if Snake, Killer or Skivvy (all of whom aren't getting any younger), need an extra week off a niggle, then we can cover.

When DCE plays Origin, Killer can slot into the halves and we have a multitude of players to cover.

And I haven't even mentioned Tom Turbo yet.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Without being disrespectful tafua & woolfman should not see 1st grade again.

Sorry mate but rubbish. Both are skilled artisans ... but needing sound guidance.

I reckon wolfie, and tafua, have something to say. No better is a motivated outsider who wants back in.

Expect 2015 to be fresh seasons from both of them. And they will be instrumental in Manly's premiership campaign.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6