Wishing every one a Merry Manly Finals Journey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The loss against the Cowboys was a vital one and a devastating one

The Good news is ...

Devastation is a very powerful emotion and we can use this powerful emotion

and turn Devastation into Desperation and Determination towards a Great Victory over the Storm

Last edited:

The Good news is ...

and turn Devastation into Desperation and Determination towards a Great Strom Victory
Just to clarify... you agree it will be a storm victory?

The Good news is ...

and turn Devastation into Desperation and Determination towards a Great Victory over the Storm
Last time we had a devastating loss we played Melbourne the next week and we’re flatter than an anorexics stomach

Week by week for me, 9 games and a bye left, effectively we are on 16 points with our bye, with 18 points available.

Whats the cut off going to be for the 8? 26 points seems to be the consensus, even then F&A may come into calculations, so 28 to make it safe or take 7th!

I‘d say the top 6 are all but certain (maybe not in the current order, but I don’t see them missing out) so only 2 places in the eight remain, with the Vermin, St Merge, Chooks, Us and the Raiders fighting for 7th and 8th.

To have a chance we must win 5 of our remaining games, make it 6 and we should be a good thing. Makes me pissed when I think of adding the Slime loss and the Cows loss, winning 3 from our last 9 we would of been good things, anyway we have to win 5 minimum, or better 6 to be safe.

I’ll list our games below, I think we are still in with a real chance, I hate looking at it this way but we can drop 4 hopefully still make it, drop 3 and we will be playing finals.

1) Storm @ Home. Hard game, go at them and jag a win, will help no end.
2) Knights @ Home. Should win
3) St Merge @ Jubilee Should win, tuff @ Jubilee, but is a must if we want to play finals.
4) Chooks @ Home. Hard game, but winnable at home if we turn up and want to play finals.
5) Slime @ Home. Can and should win at home, they can’t keep cheating us out of winning.
6) Titans @ Cbus. Should win
7) Sharks @ Home. Can win, especially at home and after round 7, will be a tuff game.
8) Raiders @ GIO. Can win, again tuff game at GIO, depends if they are still a chance.
9) Dogs @ Accor Should win, will make me extremely nervous if it comes down to having to beat the Dogs to make the 8, will be like our finals campaign starts early.

I
Week by week for me, 9 games and a bye left, effectively we are on 16 points with our bye, with 18 points available.

Whats the cut off going to be for the 8? 26 points seems to be the consensus, even then F&A may come into calculations, so 28 to make it safe or take 7th!

I‘d say the top 6 are all but certain (maybe not in the current order, but I don’t see them missing out) so only 2 places in the eight remain, with the Vermin, St Merge, Chooks, Us and the Raiders fighting for 7th and 8th.

To have a chance we must win 5 of our remaining games, make it 6 and we should be a good thing. Makes me pissed when I think of adding the Slime loss and the Cows loss, winning 3 from our last 9 we would of been good things, anyway we have to win 5 minimum, or better 6 to be safe.

I’ll list our games below, I think we are still in with a real chance, I hate looking at it this way but we can drop 4 hopefully still make it, drop 3 and we will be playing finals.

3) St Merge @ Jubilee Should win, tuff @ Jubilee, but is a must if we want to play finals.
4) Chooks @ Home. Hard game, but winnable at home if we turn up and want to play finals.
5) Slime @ Home. Can and should win at home, they can’t keep cheating us out of winning.
7) Sharks @ Home. Can win, especially at home and after round 7, will be a tuff game.
8) Raiders @ GIO. Can win, again tuff game at GIO, depends if they are still a chance.
9) Dogs @ Accor Should win, will make me extremely nervous if it comes down to having to beat the Dogs to make the 8, will be like our finals campaign starts early.
I was thinking similar and went on the ladder predictor as well. We can still finish as high at 4th if other results go our way, or as low as 10th.

My view is that the team has been playing a lot better the last 4 weeks without Turbo, with the Storm loss the only one which we lost by 20 but that was more to do with Munster and his one on one steals and first game without Turbo. We didn’t get rolled either by Storm and the rematch will be a cracker.

I will look at the first 73 minutes against the Cowboys as our benchmark and if we play the full 80 like we did the first 73 minutes in each of our next 9, there is no reason we don’t win more than the minimum 5.

I

I was thinking similar and went on the ladder predictor as well. We can still finish as high at 4th if other results go our way, or as low as 10th.

My view is that the team has been playing a lot better the last 4 weeks without Turbo, with the Storm loss the only one which we lost by 20 but that was more to do with Munster and his one on one steals and first game without Turbo. We didn’t get rolled either by Storm and the rematch will be a cracker.

I will look at the first 73 minutes against the Cowboys as our benchmark and if we play the full 80 like we did the first 73 minutes in each of our next 9, there is no reason we don’t win more than the minimum 5.
I haven’t used the ladder predictor yet, I did last year middle of July, I’ll probably wait till about then to give it another go, thought I’d share last years effort with you below and hope you nail it this year with a possible top 4 finish, I’ll be happy to make the 8 this year and hope we can cause a couple of upsets in the process.

Attachments

• 54B263DC-AE29-42D7-BCE5-1ECA9BA0CA1E.png
    54B263DC-AE29-42D7-BCE5-1ECA9BA0CA1E.png
    752.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I love your positivism. I'm just not feeling it.
Feelings are derived from thoughts

Think positive and look at all our strengths and how we can build a winning game plan from our strengths

and you will start to get that winning feeling feathered friend

Last time we had a devastating loss we played Melbourne the next week and we’re flatter than an anorexics stomach
This time we are better from our experience playing Melbourne

This time is a different time and different times can produce different out comes

I love your positive realistic post

We do have a realistic chance of making the 8

We do have the players

We need play good footy for the whole game , For Every second of those 80 minutes

Great optimistic and realistic post

The fact is We did have the Cowboys on toast

We proved that we are very capable team

We are not only capable of winning those 5 games but we are also capable of upsetting the storm

Our finals journey lives on as we sneak into the top 8 with a win against the odds against the Storm

In the end we won the game the hard way and we need to become a more hardened team

To prepare our selves for the hard finals matches

We Merrily keep winning as we keep our finals journey dream alive

The Knights may not be a premier team but we thrashed them like all premier teams should

The Dragons are our next opponent
We do not have a good record against them on their home ground
But records , defensive lines and salary caps are meant to be broken

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4