Wish it was us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Watching Penrith/Dogs pre-game, and thinking back to this time last week, I can't help but wish it was us instead of the Dogs tonight! So so close and yet so far.

Go Penrith!

It would have been great to win last week, but it looks like Souths have all the momentum and losing a GF to them is the kind of pain I could never come to terms with. Further, if Souths do indeed win next week (which you think they will), the Dogs will forever be the team that Souths beat to brake their 43 year drought; I don't envy that highlight reel as an opposition supporter.

Snake said:
It would have been great to win last week, but it looks like Souths have all the momentum and losing a GF to them is the kind of pain I could never come to terms with. Further, if Souths do indeed win next week (which you think they will), the Dogs will forever be the team that Souths beat to brake their 43 year drought; I don't envy that highlight reel as an opposition supporter.

I was thinking this aswell. Its a very good point.

I much rather be knocked out in wk2 of finals than be beaten by souffs in the gf.

Wouldn't it just be a repeat of week 1, you saw how poor manly was in the first half against the dogs and the rabbits. At one point they were 40 nil up I wouldn't want to see manly lose a grand final by that margin.

Yep, would have loved a crack at Penrith last night with Choc and Balin back.

I don't think the Dogs were good last night, I reckon Penrith were average.

Could have been us.

Agree with most points here, of course.

Except I would still like to be there on Grand Final Day.

(No matter who we'd be up against or how many men might be missing from our best 17).

Apart from the enjoyment and excitement of Grand Final week, U gotta' be in it to win it!

I'd far prefer Runner's-Up (for 2014 even) than the cruel way we finished.

RiverEagle said:

(No matter who we'd be up against or how many men might be missing from our best 17).

Apart from the enjoyment and excitement of Grand Final week, U gotta' be in it to win it!

I wish it was us on GF day win or lose cause i have these two platinum tickets I bought first cab off the rank and now not too keen to see this game live .

Growler FNQ said:
RiverEagle said:

I wish it was us on GF day win or lose cause i have these two platinum tickets I bought first cab off the rank and now not too keen to see this game live .

Bad Luck mate.

If it were me, I'd try e-bay.

I'd say you'd have no trouble off-loadin' em!

Growler FNQ said:
RiverEagle said:

Was in the same position I had 2 sets of premium tickets but returned one set of tickets to ticketeck on Friday and got a full refund as well as selling my second set of tickets on Friday to a long suffering but close friend who supports souths.

Could not think of a worse grand final to attend live. I am so releved that I am not going.

Hope you get to sell your tickets

Souths would embarrass us in a Grand final like they have embarrassed us the last two times we played them. I'd rather not make it to a grand final than to watch that happen.

bones said:
Souths would embarrass us in a Grand final like they have embarrassed us the last two times we played them. I'd rather not make it to a grand final than to watch that happen.

Well U wouldn't have to bother watching; if that's your view.

RiverEagle said:
bones said:

Thanks Dad.

bones said:
RiverEagle said:
bones said:

Thanks Dad.

I can't really have a crack back (even if I felt like it).

You've got your age HIDDEN mate.

I said I'd rather we were there and why. I even believe we deserved to be there having finished above both Souths and the Dogs.

Souths came home with-a-very-wet-sail; we struggled (for all the reasons stated enough already) in August/Sept.

Seriously, I meant if U felt Souths would flog Us on the day (and that would be too hard for U) don't put yourself through it; OK?

OK.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6