Winning the grand final this year...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
At the start of the year, I honestly thought this was our year. And don't get me wrong, there are still great signs that it could be. But with the changes caused by COVID-19, it is going to be really interesting how it impacts games.

But sadly for whoever wins this year, it isn't going to be the same as usual. At this stage, no crowds will be allowed back until the actual grand final - and that is if the competition doesn't get completely suspended by then!

It's sucks not being able to support the boys the way we usually would. But it really is going to break my heart if we make it to the preliminary final and none of us can be there to celebrate.

What do you guys think, do you think whoever wins the grand final this year wont feel as much elation as the premiers usually do? Or do you think it'll be remembered as a courageous win from all the team has had to overcome.

It's sad how down the whole rugby league community is right now, when it is usually a time where everyone is excited with hopes of their team doing well this year. But of course, we need to protect the most vulnerable at this time, and that is priority above all else.

NSW won the Sheffield Shield without a final and they had to close the streets of Sydney because authorities feared the celebrations would be too wild ;)

Hey Supercars are stopping races for a few months, in the mean time the drivers are going to participate on Fox doing simulated car racing with their own cars? Can't wait, sounds like it will be a hoot particularly if the drivers are talking through each event, wonder how much trash talk will take place.

Everybody has focused on the NRL but what about the 'battlers' playing in the lower grades whose matches have been cancelled. They probably already work at second jobs, and will need to.
It was so wrong for Aladdin to expect to be paid if the NRL was cancelled, forgetting the hundreds of players on minimum wages who will really be doing it tough.

Hey Supercars are stopping races for a few months, in the mean time the drivers are going to participate on Fox doing simulated car racing with their own cars? Can't wait, sounds like it will be a hoot particularly if the drivers are talking through each event, wonder how much trash talk will take place.

At least Whingecup won't run out of fuel.
Miss the days when DJ would talk to the commentators while racing.

Maybe the league can set up the players with Xbox's and play Rugby League Live 4 and stream the games.

Yeah unfortunately it's looking likely we'll have a Clayton's comp this year (if at all) so winning it wouldnt quite be the same.

A bit like 1997 - who counts Brisbane's win over the Sharks in the SL GF a genuine title?

Last edited:
Not confident this season will get finished so as a Liverpool supporter I feel more for those fans on the red side of the Merseyside.30 years since their last top flight win and only 2 wins away from an inevitable title and the comp is on pause for now and likelihood of continuing without fans

Does anyone know the rationale behind the AFR reducing the length of each quarter to 16 minutes? Do they think that those extra four minutes a quarter is when the virus will strike?
Was wondering the same and they've already decided on a 17 round season. Seems extremely odd.

At the start of the year, I honestly thought this was our year. And don't get me wrong, there are still great signs that it could be. But with the changes caused by COVID-19, it is going to be really interesting how it impacts games.

But sadly for whoever wins this year, it isn't going to be the same as usual. At this stage, no crowds will be allowed back until the actual grand final - and that is if the competition doesn't get completely suspended by then!

It's sucks not being able to support the boys the way we usually would. But it really is going to break my heart if we make it to the preliminary final and none of us can be there to celebrate.

What do you guys think, do you think whoever wins the grand final this year wont feel as much elation as the premiers usually do? Or do you think it'll be remembered as a courageous win from all the team has had to overcome.

It's sad how down the whole rugby league community is right now, when it is usually a time where everyone is excited with hopes of their team doing well this year. But of course, we need to protect the most vulnerable at this time, and that is priority above all else.
Great Passionate post as usual @ellakasmar !

When the crowds are not there the spirit of our Great players and our Great fans is

The spirit of our Great players is their passion and commitment to their Great club and to their Great fans

The spirit of our Great fans Is their passion and commitment to their Great club and Great players through club membership

I urge all Manly fans to lift our players spirits by becoming club members and show them how passionatetly you support them by lifting our club to the top of the NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER

Imagine being one of our players and seeing your team the least supported in the NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER
What would that do to your spirit ???

Come on Manly fans it is time to rise above our comfort zone and make an effort to make a difference to our club and our players spirits in these challenging times

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY GREAT MANLY FAN
RING AND FIND OUT WHICH MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU

Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035