Windies any hope ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Does anybody give the Windies any hope ? I can see an innings + victory coming up at the Gabba.

Most interest lays in how our bowling attack goes after a so so effort in the Ashes. Johnson has got to step up. I think Hilfy might go OK at the Gabba too.

Very slim chance has turned to absolutely no chance if Sarwan's out.

Rate Sarwan very highly, massive loss.

Innings + for sure.

Is sad to see the West Indies in their current state

Growing up, it seemed to be Australia v West Indies every 2nd summer, and it was fantastic cricket, would listen to the commentary on the radio all day then wait for the highlights packages later that night.

Curtly was my man, probably my 2nd fave cricketer of all time, and I still remember the old KFC Hot n Spicy ads with the Windies in their

Australia will canter in, Hussey will bag a truckload of easy runs to cement his slot again

India v Lanka at the moment is 600/4, yet another road over there, Sehwag, Gambhir and Dravid all hitting tons

Pick of the test matches would probably be NZ v Pak, although rain got involved today. After day 2 NZ are 403/8 with Vettori making 99, Taylor 94, McCullum 78 and Guptill 60

It is sad to see the demise of the Windies. When I was a kid playing backyard cricket I wasn't an Aussie, I was Viv Richards "The Master Blaster" and my best mate who was a lefty was Supercat Clive Lloyd. Of course when I bowled I was whispering death Michael Holding. Loved the Windies when I was young, and what a side they were. Can't see any light at the end of the tunnel for them unfortunately, too many politics in the administration. Needs someone like Richards or Lloyd, or maybe even Lara, to unite the countries again and get them back to their glory. 

Bad luck for Vettori on not getting the ton. Gee his shoulders must be buggered from carrying that side. He is world class, wish he was born here, we could do with a decent spinner.

Lara couldnt even unite his team, a more selfish cricketer has not been given breath.

But you are right in that someone needs to do it.

As for todays game, their strength is the middle order, Sarwan )if he plays) Chanderpaul, Bravo. With Gayle at the top the X factor.

the problem is they are simply not going to be able to bowl us out 6 times this series, they'll be lucky to take 40 wickets total in the 3 tests.

They have 5 today so made a decent start.

aussies almost up to 300 as well, starts to all but watson

yup, and now they have 8.

if they keep only making Aus bat once per test my 40 might be wildly optimistic.

God I hate 3 day Tests. Was looking forward to a day on the couch watching the cricket today.

Given the improvement of the Windies in Adelaide and the total state of disrepair of the Aussie bowling attack, I'm a bit nervous they might roll us at the WACA.

No Hilfy, no Siddle, maybe no Hauritz (not that that's a biggie) and Mr Perpetual Injury Watson struggling to bowl more than half a dozen overs, our attack is looking particularly second rate, especially if Johnson has another inconsistent performance. Our record at the WACA the last couple of seasons isn't good either, rolled by the curry munchers and the Jarpies. It'll certainly be a test of the depth of our bowling.

Nervous? Didn't know there were people who still cared about the results of test matches against minnows.

I love watching tests, but I'll be going for the Windies. Not that it'll happen.

No-one's allowed to comment on Mike Hussey according to Langer. Ex-players can't criticise, because that's un-Australian, everyone else has never played test cricket before, so they can't criticise either.

This little girl needs to get off my radio asap.

Fro link said:
the problem is they are simply not going to be able to bowl us out 6 times this series, they'll be lucky to take 40 wickets total in the 3 tests.

39 wickets in total :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8