win for the believers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
No Brett and no Foran. In the past this would've meant a disaster. Parra is no easy beats this year and without the aforementioned players a struggle was surely on the cards and a struggle it was.
I agree we did not look flash, however we won albeit ugly. Last year games like this without Brett found us floundering.
Not bad for a team with "a problem with their depth in the forwards as well as an ageing roster.
Thanks boys you did us proud.

Go Manly!!!!!!! (Now for the Roosters)

Mate that was a lucky win against a pack of try hards. If we could avoid the Roosters next week that would be good.

We got lucky, lucky we played an out of form parra.

We can be forgiven by the disruption caused by Foz sitting on the sidelines, but that was a scrappy game.

We play like that next week, im afraid we will meet the same fate parra did last week.

COMMANDER said:
Mate that was a lucky win against a pack of try hards. If we could avoid the Roosters next week that would be good.
Mate the Roosters got smashed by the bunnies 28 - 8 They were bloody embarrassing . The Mighty Sea eagles courageous coach 2V never avoided anyone and neither does his team !!!

Not a great game, but I always believe when you play bad and really should have lost the game, but end up winning it....that's the sign of a good team. In 2011 I remember games (actually one particularly against the Eels when Foran scored on the bell) when we should have lost, we played pretty ordinary, but just found a way to win.....that's a good sign.

Today is a case of 2 more points. Not a great performance, but it still counts.

Poor game from us. just happy to win to shut up that fool gus gould who was willing the slime home like there was no tomorrow

Has bad goal kicking games from time to time but that 's about it

Stuey Davis Socks said:
Poor game from us. just happy to win to shut up that fool gus gould who was willing the slime home like there was no tomorrow

Has bad goal kicking games from time to time but that 's about it

No-one jumps on a bandwagon like Gus. He'll deathride us and then turn around when we win and say 'what a great culture, they never give up, Manly are great'.

Does it every year in Origin, as soon as NSW look like losing he jumps ship to Qld and says how great they are.

Manly always lift for the big games. The so called easy games worry me. Glad to get the win today out of the way. I'm not saying a win is guaranteed on Friday, but I'd put my money on a vastly improved performance from Manly.

Yep the non-believers started leaving Brookie after Parra converted their last try with not long to go.

Great finish, good 1st half, very ordinary 2nd half.

I don't understand the negativity about yesterday's game.:huh:

To me, the last 2 minutes alone was worth the price of admission.

Elated hardly describes the emotion of winning like that.
Everyone at Brookie was jumping up and down in jubilation :)

The point was, that inspite of the bad call, the lethargy and the ticking clock, Manly executed the most precise kick, on the last tackle to win a game - exceptional Team effort :exclamation:

HM, Brookie went off and it was as thrilling a win as you can get.
BUT, it was the eels!
Wooden spooners for years.
It was at Brookie.
We were sloppy.
I'll admit the faces of joy in the crowd was worth the price of admission!

This is what I miss from not having Sunday games at Brookie all season long. The Telegraph giving Manly a positive front page.

768988-pages.jpg

That picture says it all - the Players were as excited as we were.:) The opposition is irrelevant, backing yourselves to win is what its all about :cool:

The Players took a while to finish their lap of honour as a lot of the True Believers stayed on in the rain :angel:

There plenty in the media saying after Round 1 with no Snake for 3 or 4 weeks that Manly would have no wins in the next three games Souths/Eels/Rorters and then have to face Tigers at Leichhardt.

We all have to remember that the team that took the field yesterday was vastly different to our team for the finals last year. We had debutant Satini, Blair, Dunny Loo, Starling and King back (have I missed anyone?) which is a significant change. All of these players came unheralded. All have been solid (Blair has been terrific), and will improve. I don't think we can expect our team to click just yet with so many newbies.
What I see from our team is a forward pack that can hold its own (a big test will come against Easts) and a backline that is the best in the league. But yesterday that backline was missing Snake, Foran and Taufa.

Funny, isn't it, that Easts have the same squad - and they won the comp/were awarded the premiership I should say.

Down on troops & only using 3 gears the 1st half was gritty enough to match them in the only place they could beat us, the enthusiasm area.
Unfortunately as the cues went in the rack at half time the Eels got a sniff, lifted & gained the momentum, which is tough to overcome in the modern game.
The display was scratchy & only average in tempo, yet showed great character to get the points.
All championship teams have the ability to get the job done just like this.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6