Willie Mason Interview on MWSE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sign him up for one more year! If anything his interviews will be worth the money. If he keeps playing the way he has been playing off the bench then his performance on field will be worth it too.

All clubs need a character or 2 and Willie has been around the block with a few clubs and has some good yarns to tell. He has done ok for us and brightened things up during this difficult season.

When we signed Willie i thought it was an astute short term pickup for our budget and squad at the time

For mine he has performed admirably this year, basically right in line with what i expected (contributing but not dominating)

That said, he should not be in our plans for next year

It comes down to gaining Wille for one more year or potentially losing an up and coming forward that has many years ahead of them.

I think Willie has done a great job this year, providing that forward leadership, but we have a QLD Origin starting prop, who is currently his Club captain, coming and I think he will well and truly take up that role for the years to come.

Unfortunately I can't see him fitting in to the plans for 2016. He'll be one of several current players that won't have his contract renewed.

If you think of the players that will get the chop including from cup, how much $$$ will the club get back which will help towards others ???

Off contract players such as David Williams, Justin Horo, Willle Mason, Michael Chee Kam, Dunamis Lui, Cheyse Blair and James Hasson will in all likelihood be moved on at the end of this season.

While they all wouldn't be on huge money, collectively that would be at least 800k in salaries. Plus the likes of Satini, Little-John etc would be bringing those that leave to around the 1 million mark I would think.
Yes, its good $$$ to come back to the club, speculation that Mason is on $200k and then you average that with others who the club doesn't really need and there are savings there. Especially with some good players the club is getting

Off contract players such as David Williams, Justin Horo, Willle Mason, Michael Chee Kam, Dunamis Lui, Cheyse Blair and James Hasson will in all likelihood be moved on at the end of this season.

While they all wouldn't be on huge money, collectively that would be at least 800k in salaries. Plus the likes of Satini, Little-John etc would be bringing those that leave to around the 1 million mark I would think.

And that would be a ball park figure at the lower end of the scale, with the salaries for Williams, Mason etc likely more.

but every one of those players needs to be replaced. Your top 25 must be paid the minimum of around 75K and there is a second tier cap as well (not sure about a minimum in the second tier).

So the million needs to be spread over many players meaning if you slurge on 1 top line at 500K you need the rest to be on minimal wage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7