Will we get the spoon

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 24974

10 matches to go, 7 games at Brookvale.
But the Brookvale games are all tough matches:
Shark
Cowboys
Warriors
Broncos
Rabbits
Eels
Roosters

Away matches:
Titans
Warriors
Raiders

Can only see us beating sharks, Warriors and Eels.

Can we avoid the spoon?

I appear to have as well....I think its all ours, we don't show anything like a revival.

I've give up on the 8. Don't care too much for this season. I've got a tough exam in early Sep so us not making the 8 is in my selfish best interests haha

Looks like we'll have a solid squad for next year though so it's not like we have a long rebuild. If we can **** off the dead wood pack members and replace them with more of what we've been buying, top 4 is in play.

I've never really thought the 8 was gonna happen and I remember the night we got trounced by the Dogs at Allianz that we would contend for the spoon. I have a gut feeling that we will avoid it by the skin of our teeth though. The silver lining is that any victory is celebrated like a GF, whereas in seasons gone by, it always felt like a form guide for bigger things to come at the end of the year and did matter quite so much.

I've never really thought the 8 was gonna happen and I remember the night we got trounced by the Dogs at Allianz that we would contend for the spoon. I have a gut feeling that we will avoid it by the skin of our teeth though. The silver lining is that any victory is celebrated like a GF, whereas in seasons gone by, it always felt like a form guide for bigger things to come at the end of the year and did matter quite so much.
How the mighty have fallen. We've become like those sad sack EPL teams that cheer avoiding relegation like they've won the Champs League.

How the mighty have fallen. We've become like those sad sack EPL teams that cheer avoiding relegation like they've won the Champs League.
You're not wrong. I remember last year when he pushed the Dogs to extra time in the SF with a horrendous injury toll, and I thought to myself how special the club and this group of players were, and then less than a year later we are contending for dead last...it's a real shame.

Injuries are excuses. Even at brookie, we are struggling to put a gap between our opposition when we do get a lead. Celebrate if you wish if we avoid the wooden spoon, but let's call a spade a spade. Manly are s**t this year.

10 matches to go, 7 games at Brookvale.
But the Brookvale games are all tough matches:
Shark
Cowboys
Warriors
Broncos
Rabbits
Eels
Roosters

Away matches:
Titans
Warriors
Raiders

Can only see us beating sharks, Warriors and Eels.

Can we avoid the spoon?

Well this is an interesting post......one for the true believers

I will state that after about Round 5 I "nearly" posted that this was going to be our first wooden spoon.........

The doom had set in BUT Things have now changed very much!! but also so subtly that the doomsters can not see.

The last 2 games were "nearly" Sea Eagles of old "nearly" and we have BJ and Killer to come back.

My take..........we will win MORE than we lose of the next 10 games there will be much joy and the NRL referees will be powerless to stop it!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7