Will Post 2011 GF Drama Work in Manly's Favour in 2012?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
The post 2011 Grand Final drama at the Manly Sea Eagles could be a blessing in disguise.

The players & supporters didn't get the chance to really celebrate a NRL Premiership.

There is unfinished business at Manly. The talent & hunger to become the first team to go back to back Premierships since the Brisbane Broncos in the 90's is there.

Interesting angle and it would make a fine twist in the motivation of our lads. Good point and well observed.

The Warriors and Tigers are far from being easy beats. Throw in the time on the road, the Hasler storm and early injuries and i'm feeling really good about this year. The only thing stopping us from going back to back imo would be injuries.

Simply put, we THRIVE on adversity, and are copping it from every angle since about 30 minutes after we won the 2011 premiership.

My thoughts are that the more crap we cop, the better :)

Yes.
And on Mozgrame's point, yes injuries can derail us, and so can the rep season. Many hurdles to cross, but I'm impressed so far.

I also think we play better as underdogs (hate that word DOGS). I'm prepared for a bit of a letdown when we play Cronulla next week. We must be realistic that there will be matches we lose to lesser opposition when we are heavily favoured.
So long as we finish top four, and healthy, we'll be 2012 premiers.

I've mentioned this before. Every player to a man has said something like they don't feel like they got to celebrate the premiership. Well if you don't celebrate you don't get a hangover.

Masked Eagle said:
I've mentioned this before. Every player to a man has said something like they don't feel like they got to celebrate the premiership. Well if you don't celebrate you don't get a hangover.
That is why Manly of 2012 will be different to every other defending Premiers recently.

I think the team will definitely use it as motivation. If we could only get all these player rumours sorted out. It must be a bit of a distraction for the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6