Will Phil Gould ever acknowledge the exsistence of the Eagles? /RANT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jado

Reserve Grader
So I watch the Sydney Morning Herald's "The Phil Gould Show" each week and not friggin once has Manly been mentioned. So this week with the blockbuster top-of-the-table clash with the Bunnies happening I stupidly thought "well he'll have to talk about the game of the round" **** I am dumb, the doush still hasn't uttered their name.

Is he a one-eyed-Manly-hater? I remember in 2011 getting really mad at his commentating cause it always put Manly down, then he shifted; when manly were charging home, and he started paying them credit.

I have met Gus and he seems a nice guy , He actually thinks very highly of the Sea eagles

I think Gus as a rule is pretty fair to Manly when he assess our performance, he wrote a recent article praising our never say die spirit as a team.

I dont mind it if we dont get too much praise, very happy for the hacks to salivate over the news limited drizzle, the vermin and the dirty dogs.

Always remember, the more we win, the more we piss em off!!

I also have no problems with Gus, and I've found that he usually speaks highly of Manly.

He always says we are a really tough team with quality players so im not sure what you are talking about. He seemed to talk up the Roosters ALOT yesterday, i wonder how the Penrith supporters feel about that lol.

torana355 said:
He always says we are a really tough team with quality players so im not sure what you are talking about. He seemed to talk up the Roosters ALOT yesterday, i wonder how the Penrith supporters feel about that lol.

He didn't mention his marquee signing Jamie Soward much though ....lol.

Always found Gus to be complimentary of our team. Especially his man crush on Fozzy lol. Definitely alot of other commentators, analysts, journalists and media deserve a serve before Gus.

Unlike all the sellouts, Gus stuck firm by the game when the News Ltd stench took over the game and effectively bankrupted it.

He's stuck loyal to Manly throughout and often been a lone sane voice against the incessant News Ltd spin.

bones said:
torana355 said:

He didn't mention his marquee signing Jamie Soward much though ....lol.

Exactly!!! If i was a Penrith supporter i would be pissed off.

Going on yesterday's performance he couldn't possibly be complimentary of Soward so it was better to say nothing.

mickqld said:
Going on yesterday's performance he couldn't possibly be complimentary of Soward so it was better to say nothing.

I would be pissed off if Jamie Soward signed with our club.

I, too, think Gus is quite complimentary to Manly. Anyway, who cares? Just as long as we keep performing we'll show up all the naysayers.
The media are going overboard on Souffs and Easts. Last year it was Canterbury. Imagine if any of those clubs had the record of Melbourne? They would be front page every day.
Melbourne are the club that Sydney media ignore yet their efforts so far this year and last (WCC, travel, 15-wins in a row etc.) are fantastic. In no way do I support the Storm but I can't help but admire their results.

Gus has got a great respect for the Manly club and their culture. That's why he's recruiting some of our players like Kite to change the culture at the Panthers.

I think Gus shifted from being under-complimentary of manly to acknowledging Manly's true might around late July/August 2011, from then on I have heard him rate highly Manly in every commentary he has done.

But why has his program not mentioned Manly once? Frustrates the **** outta me when I regularly spend 8 minutes of my life listening to his piece expecting him to cover the upcoming round's matches and to actually mention the team that is placed no.2, and has the best defence, and the best points differential (well until yesterday).

Why?

I am a bit harsh calling him a doush, I actually like Gus in the last two years, except when he and 'Rabs' start behaving like bickering old ladies.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4