Will experience be an issue this season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
On paper our team looks pretty strong.. if not stronger than last year.

But weve lost ALOT of experienced players and older heads.

Bell Bryant Williamson and ofcourse Beaver.

Weve already seen the impacts of the off the field situation.. could it have been prevented with the older heads around? We will never know.

But just as importantly on the field... Will we miss these older heads?

KaZa link said:
On paper our team looks pretty strong.. if not stronger than last year.

But weve lost ALOT of experienced players and older heads.

Bell Bryant Williamson and ofcourse Beaver.

Weve already seen the impacts of the off the field situation.. could it have been prevented with the older heads around? We will never know.

But just as importantly on the field... Will we miss these older heads?

Not much i think - these kids have no fear these days - Dessie will keep them rolling on from last year

I guess the only good thing i can say is that injuries this early prepare the team well for losses of players in the future. You still have plenty of players who have played plenty of football, Orford, Lyon and even Kite. We are missing that one old head in the forward pack and should be interesting to see how Kite does step up.

Experience may be an issue but the only way to gain it is to experience inexperience if you know what i mean,.

I think we will be fine. I love the Beaver, but I reckon those other three were overated. It will give a few others the chance to step up now and lead.

A lot of the players have now taken part in 2 Grand finals and some high-pressure games along the way. I think Glenn Stewart, Perry and Choc will assume a more senior roll in the forward pack after the World Cup as well.

The only real rookie is Suniula, everyone else has NRL experience, and a reasonable amount of it too. The fact that Suniula went on the WCC trip will do him the world of good and should allow him to settle the nerves a bit for his debut. Our new buys Bailey and Rodney are experienced. Experience is good, as is the enthusiasm of youth.

Our BIGGEST problem is the loss of Brett. So much of our attack revolves around him with second man plays, and he is a potent attacking weapon. Whilst Robbo will be safe at the back he is not going to be able to fill Brett's shoes in attack. Our whole attack structure is based around Brett's input so whether we can make the necessary adjustment there will be the key.

What with one GF win out of two and a WCC win we have cool heads in the side with likes of Kite,Lyon,Robertson,King & Orford.

My concern at this point is winning as many games as we can well in the short term for the first for rounds anyway while Brett is out.

As for experienced players go Kite, Robertson, Lyon, Orford & Perry should go ok in help keeping the team together and lead the way for the rest.  

We have plenty of experience still. Orford is really shinning as a leader now, Lyon has plenty of time behind him and don't forget Kite.

I dont mean playing wise guys. Read the first line. I think were stronger.

But we lack a couple of players in their late 20s early 30s.

Too many young ones.. itd be interesting to see the average age of the squad. Sometimes its good to have an old fella like Bell or Beaver around to keep the boys in check.  Off the field and on the field. Lyon is still fairly young isnt he?

yeah exactly. 3 out of how many.. last year we had 5-6.. a nice balance.. thats why im thinking we lack the more mature guys.. we seem to have alot of young guys in their early to mid 20s.

I have to agree with Blitzkreig when he says that three of those four leavers were overrated.  Willo was good, but limited, Bell shat me many times with his running on the spot, Bryant only came good after the Parra game.  Beaver we will miss.  But the Ox seems to be in great shape as opposed to the one legged Ox last season.  Glenn Stewart, Hall, Ballin and a host of others really stood up, matured and will only get better this year.  I predict an excellent season.   

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2