Will Ben Farrar be the new Neumann/Mullane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
always worry when clubs happily release players mid season, if they are good you wouldnt let them go!!! Farrar isn't that quick, defence is sound but missing at right centre when Raiders scored, He ain't that big either, hope we haven't paid big dough 4 him, Hopoate to come in 1st grade next year as a back, good bye Farrar???

stewie, robbo, mattai, lyon, wolfie, foran and orford

Gotta fit Hopoate in there as well!!!! And brilliant toyota cup dragon centre Dean Whare!!, loads of competition

What a gun backline

Havent really seen enough of him to jusge him yet although i have noticed that he isnt that big,and i think we jus tstraight up swapped him for Bani without paying any extra ,im pretty sure anyway.

chrisos link said:
Havent really seen enough of him to jusge him yet although i have noticed that he isnt that big,and i think we jus tstraight up swapped him for Bani without paying any extra ,im pretty sure anyway.

I was reported in the papers we got $$$ out of the deal.

So far I am really impressed. Straight into the side with almost no drills and no one would know he hasn't been part of all of this year's campaign. His defense has been terrific. I'll say that he is a great buy.

1000 times the player Nueman is and same as Mullane.

He has some skill and is pretty good in defense especially for just coming into the team. he is always one of the first chasing and cleans up most of his own mistakes he sometimes makes

we did not pay big dollars for farrar.
I have not seen enough to judge him.
He played very well against penrith and was solid on sunday.

If cutherson didn;t give away stupid penaltys and drop the ball
then canberra wouldn;t of got back into the game.

Farrar seems solid enough.  However I was worried by the ease of their three tries.  We seemed to just slacken off and look as the ball was thrown wide.  That's what happens with the up and in defense sometimes, but thrice?  If it wasn't for Suniula's tackle, it would have been four times, and the game gone.  More games and I think he'll go alright.  Fitting all the guys in will be a good problem for Des to contemplate.  Go the Eagles.

Darren, What game where you watching?

He's going well, hardly any errors and looks good in defence.

You are normally a fair judge Darren, but have gotten this one majorly wrong !!

He has already been a good buy for us, and will continue to be a good buy as a mr fix it in the backline.

gday guys, Ben has gone quite solid so far, I just don't think that he will make 1st grade when we are full strength, he sort of reminds me of ben mcdougall, solid enough but not a match winner,

I do regret the "Mullane" part, that was a bad call on my part, there's only one Jye  ;) ;D

He has fitted in with minumum of fuss, totally agree

At least Berkeley Eagle agreed with me, that's 1 vote for out of 10 disagree, must be the Wollongong connection  ::)

I too think he's been great for us so far. His defense has been great and you definitely cant question his commitment in defense or attack.

Farrar will be good - NQ didnt want him to go but he wanted to be close to home - Same with Bani.

Funny how Bani was outed for bad defence but for NQ he saved 3 tries.

Bani was only a fill in at Manly a best - Wolfman took his chance and became a Rep player - Bani was never going to do that.

I agree that we won't see too much of him when we are full strength but I still think he and t Williams are on par

I think he has played well for his first 2 games. Plus Dessie can turn fringe players into good players. I remember everyone bagging wolfmans defence after his first few games with us this time last year.

Agree that he might find it tough to crack the first team with all the stars back, but he is a handy replacement that can cover 2-5 at most NRL Clubs. Something that Bani couldn't do.

His uncle was a great centre.

Farrar was signed as our backline utility not as our star player.

So far he has done exactly what we signed him for, slotted into the side at short notice without anybody noticing

Perfect

Disco link said:
Farrar was signed as our backline utility not as our star player.

So far he has done exactly what we signed him for, slotted into the side at short notice without anybody noticing

Perfect

spot on.

i'm rating farrar higher than t-rex at this point. farrar has done exactly what we needed him to do, and has shown a lot of courage and enthuiasm imo.

this might be another topic altogether.. but is t-rex really trying? we sat right on the fence at brooky on sunday, so we were able to watch him closely. when running kick returns and (rarely) when he takes it up from dummy half he looks soooo intimidating.. and then ends up just trundling up really softly and doesnt go close to breaking the line..

am i seeing this wrong? could he have an injury or something that is preventing him from going in hard?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6