Why wont Gallop STFU ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Central Coast Eagle

Reserve Grader
Here is an excerpt from an article in the SMH about Arana Taumata being under investigation for possible prescription fraud.

NRL chief executive David Gallop spoke with Gould yesterday and was comfortable with the club's handling of the issue. ''He [Gould] has outlined where things are at and what actions the club's taken,'' Gallop said. ''We're comfortable with that. It goes without saying that the player's got a particularly poor record. At this stage we need to wait and let the process play out.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/taumata-faces-axe-if-hes-found-to-have-stolen-prescription-20110617-1g88b.html#ixzz1PZZIaK2p

Has Gallop learned NOTHING from the whole Brett Stewart debacle?

Why couldn't he have just said that he's comfortable with the action Penriff are taking and leave it at that? Why did he have to add his own personal commentary to it?

This idiot needs to be gone from OUR game ASAP!

The man is an idiot. If it was a poor process or an error of judgment that led to the Brett issue happening, then their could be hope he would learn, but it looks to me like the guy is just not capable of the job, no matter how many times these things happen he doesn't learn. He just oscillates between the two ends of the scale, saying too much (Ie. here, Stewart) and saying too little. (Ie. Carney.)

Gallop is obviously trying to beat Ben Buckley to the 'Worst Australian Sport Administrator' award.

Looks like he's going to give it a good shake as well.

Why?

Ego.

Dumb, mind-numbingly dumb ego.

If he believed "it goes without saying" then he should have left it without saying. If he didn't believe "it goes without saying", then he's lying.

Gallop is a perpetual lesson on what happens when the ego raises its ugly head.

If he doesn't say that you guys sit here and tears shreds off him saying "How dare he leave it to Penrith why doesn't the NRL get involved!". Taumata is at his 7th club and only left 2 on good terms, he has a poor record, its a fair statement.

Captain of the gate, it's stupid because it's prejudicial. No-one knows that Tomato head did the deed as yet. To come out and say the guy has a poor record is definitely not something someone who may be called on to make a judgement on the matter ought to say. He did it with Stewart and now repeats the error. A decent lawyer would tell him to just STFU. Let the investigation proceed.

DSM5 said:
Captain of the gate, it's stupid because it's prejudicial. No-one knows that Tomato head did the deed as yet. To come out and say the guy has a poor record is definitely not something someone who may be called on to make a judgement on the matter ought to say. He did it with Stewart and now repeats the error. A decent lawyer would tell him to just STFU. Let the investigation proceed.

Did Stewart ever smash a shop window in Goulburn? has Stewart ever been caught urinating in the main street of Goulburn? has Stewart ever been kicked out of a football team/club because of his drinking problem?
Come on DSM5 he(carney) atleast has form Brett didn`t & never had any..You would have to be his parents or a roosters fan to stick up for him, you know he will just disappoint you again like he has others over the past 4years.

Duff I suggest you consider editing your comment. Also those that have been quoting it. 10 moderators fast asleep?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Duff I suggest you consider editing your comment. Also those that have been quoting it. 10 moderators fast asleep?

Dont like editing but i have taken out the one piece that could be construed as inciteful.

IMO, bit of a cheap shot at moderators there SER8.

lol are you nuts? Oh, yeah...
I wasn't really having a go at anyone. I reckon you all do a perfectly moderate job :)

Yes, it's over the top to be mentioning anything that can be seen as a physical threat. That's not on, and please tone down your hatred towards Gallop.

That's not to say that we can't express our opinion on how competent he is with running our game. He is incompetent pure and simple and it is appropriate that he is treated as the metaphorical "dead man walking" so that we can speed up the commencement of the new Independent Commission.

Yes, he has been gifted the top job, but that decision needs to be reversed.

Simplest way for that to happen is to place pressure on him to resign over his handling of alleged player misconduct.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6