Why winning is so Important at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Why is winning so important?

First, we're born to win. We've a primal instinct that compels us to achieve. That drive is what's behind each thought and action. It's what initiates every moment of our lives. We see this, for example, even in the most common of conversations. Have you ever heard anyone say they can't wait to get up the next day to fail? All I ever hear is how tired people are of being less than they know they're capable of being and how much they want more success and fulfillment.

Therefore, one of our highest and most honorable obligations is for us to be winners.

Winning also creates our life legacy. A life full of personal wins further build upon each success to the point where winning becomes the norm rather than the exception. Part of our legacy is to leave one that we can look back on with pride knowing that we embraced and cultivated our talents and opportunities to the fullest.

But perhaps the most important aspect of being a winner is what it confers to others. The take home message for those who see our wins is that they can become winners themselves. If we can do it then they can do. Each success we have is a direct confirmation to them that having a successful and productive life is possible when the correct steps to achieve goals are done on a timely basis with full conviction.

Conclusion ....
*One of our highest and most honorable obligations at Manly is for us to be winners. *

We have have not smiled or celebrated and honored our Legendary club by living up to its great standards as the greatest club of all since 2011

Bring on the capable Manly men that are worthy winners

Bring on 2022 !

0eb4187d580baf217a81bc9138d3b71b.jpg

Last edited:
I am sick of crying and hurting

We are all sick of crying and hurting

Bring on the year of redemption

Bring on all the Great Manly men that are capable of Glorifying our Great club and the Greatest club of all The Manly Sea eagles

Bring on 2022 !

I am sick of crying and hurting

We are all sick of crying and hurting

Bring on the year of redemption

Bring on all the Great Manly men that are capable of Glorifying our Great club and the Greatest club of all The Manly Sea eagles

Bring on 2022 !
Well, we had our year of redemption this season, we came from 13th in 2020 to 4th and one win away from a GF match up with Penrith. Tommy got the Daley M, Garrick got most goals in a season proper and one of the wingers of the season, 3 players in top 5 try scorers. Not a lot of hurt this season..

Well, we had our year of redemption this season, we came from 13th in 2020 to 4th and one win away from a GF match up with Penrith. Tommy got the Daley M, Garrick got most goals in a season proper and one of the wingers of the season, 3 players in top 5 try scorers. Not a lot of hurt this season..

Benchmark Perspective ....

What does Benchmark really mean ?
something that serves as a standard by which others may be measured or judged
The great Manly players that were worthy to live up to our Legendary club as the greatest club of all
The great Manly players that proudly left their great legacy in our great clubs proud history books
The Great Manly players of 1972 , 1973, 1976, 1978 , 1987, 1996 . 2008 , 2011

Accepting second best and lower

is lowering our Great clubs standards as the greatest club of all

How Manly goals and tries did those celebrated players score in the great finals matches

where the great players take their clubs to greatness

by winning the one match that only matters and Glorifies their club as the best club in the comp

Second best does not represent Manly The Greatest club of them all !!!

Second best Sux !

Benchmark Perspective ....

What does Benchmark really mean ?
something that serves as a standard by which others may be measured or judged
The great Manly players that were worthy to live up to our Legendary club as the greatest club of all
The great Manly players that proudly left their great legacy in our great clubs proud history books
The Great Manly players of 1972 , 1973, 1976, 1978 , 1987, 1996 . 2008 , 2011

Accepting second best and lower

is lowering our Great clubs standards as the greatest club of all

How Manly goals and tries did those celebrated players score in the great finals matches

where the great players take their clubs to greatness

by winning the one match that only matters and Glorifies their club as the best club in the comp
You've quoted a lot of our Golden periods Bozo, we're building nicely now for our next one. Also made a mistake on Garrick, should be the most points in a season proper.

You've quoted a lot of our Golden periods Bozo, we're building nicely now for our next one. Also made a mistake on Garrick, should be the most points in a season proper.
The Golden period is where we always belong feathered friend !!!

Why is winning so important?

First, we're born to win. We've a primal instinct that compels us to achieve. That drive is what's behind each thought and action. It's what initiates every moment of our lives. We see this, for example, even in the most common of conversations. Have you ever heard anyone say they can't wait to get up the next day to fail? All I ever hear is how tired people are of being less than they know they're capable of being and how much they want more success and fulfillment.

Therefore, one of our highest and most honorable obligations is for us to be winners.

Winning also creates our life legacy. A life full of personal wins further build upon each success to the point where winning becomes the norm rather than the exception. Part of our legacy is to leave one that we can look back on with pride knowing that we embraced and cultivated our talents and opportunities to the fullest.

But perhaps the most important aspect of being a winner is what it confers to others. The take home message for those who see our wins is that they can become winners themselves. If we can do it then they can do. Each success we have is a direct confirmation to them that having a successful and productive life is possible when the correct steps to achieve goals are done on a timely basis with full conviction.

Conclusion ....
*One of our highest and most honorable obligations at Manly is for us to be winners. *

We have have not smiled or celebrated and honored our Legendary club by living up to its great standards as the greatest club of all since 2011

Bring on the capable Manly men that are worthy winners

Bring on 2022 !

View attachment 19593
Branding people as winners and losers is something I avoid and frankly find unhelpful.
However - seeing these are terms that you think have meaning - is it a loser or a winner who passes off someone else's words and ideas as their own, without acknowledging the real author?
Loser? or Winner? Gee maybe it's hard to tell the difference! @:D

Second best does not represent Manly The Greatest club of them all !!!

Second best Sux !
Hey Bozo, I accept that you are a passionate fan, and bless you for that! Having said that, I worry about you my friend. It's the off season. Do yourself a favour, look at your family, give them a hug, take them to Manly Beach and have a lunch and chill out. Next season will bring what it brings. A statement of fact. There is nothing you can do, I can do, nor the entire Silvertails members can do ANYTHING that will change next years result. It is not personal, it is not imperfect. Yes we can encourage better performance, but do you really think the team, the players, the support team actually gives a rats ar&e what you or I think?

Last edited:
Hey Bozo, I accept that you are a passionate fan, and bless that for that! Having said that, I worry about you my friend. It's the off season. Do yourself a favour, look at your family, give them a hug, take them to Manly Beach and have a lunch and chill out. Next season will bring what it brings. A statement of fact. There is nothing you can do, I can do, nor the entire Silvertails members can do ANYTHING that will change next years result. It is not personal, it is not imperfect. Yes we can encourage better performance, but do you really think the team, the players, the support team actually gives a rats ar&e what you or I think?
Winning a premiership or two over the next few seasons would be fantastic. Its the goal of every NRL player, and every NRL club. When that happens for us I will be as excited and happy as every other fan on this site. It will happen @BOZO . Its only a matter of time for us. Our roster is looking pretty good, and we are positioned well to have a serious go at a premiership in 2022 or 2023. In the meantime I will happily, rabidly and fanatically support the Manly Sea Eagles (win, lose or draw) until that inevitable premiership comes our way. Yes its all about winning but to me its a lot more than just winning. Its more about the spirit of the club, the camaraderie of the fans, and the memories of years gone by. We are not far away Bozo et al. I can feel it …or it could be the beer talking :think:, but we are definitely on our way to another GF win. It is written, and so it shall be done....:cool:

Coming Soon GIF by ideekreativ

Hey Bozo, I accept that you are a passionate fan, and bless you for that! Having said that, I worry about you my friend. It's the off season. Do yourself a favour, look at your family, give them a hug, take them to Manly Beach and have a lunch and chill out. Next season will bring what it brings. A statement of fact. There is nothing you can do, I can do, nor the entire Silvertails members can do ANYTHING that will change next years result. It is not personal, it is not imperfect. Yes we can encourage better performance, but do you really think the team, the players, the support team actually gives a rats ar&e what you or I think?
Thank you for your message and God Bless you and all the passionate Manly souls like you too feathered friend

In the end we all get what we wish for by the standards we strive for and I am blessed to have quality people in my life

I am also blessed to be a proud club member and belong to the greatest club of all that our God father had built and we must maintain its great status at all times

Great clubs are made by great Manly people that strive to do the best for their club

Great fans that strive to become club members and strive to go to games and inspire our players on the field . So there is something that we can all do .

One thing that all us proud and passionate supporters can do is not endorse anything other then our Legendary club being glorified as the Premier club once again with premiership wins

Do the players give a rats arse what the passionate and proud fans think ?

The ones that dont reciprocate our pride and passion for our Manly colours are the ones that do not deserve to represent our Legendary colours

In conclusion ....
The fans do have a voice and the fans do play a part in our Legendary club

and us proud and passionate fans should never lower our high standards and expectations

for those in our club who refuse to raise theirs

The only Good season the Great Manly Sea eagles have is
when we Glorify our club and put it on the pedestal where it proudly belongs

20211023_105710.jpg

Last edited:
Branding people as winners and losers is something I avoid and frankly find unhelpful.
However - seeing these are terms that you think have meaning - is it a loser or a winner who passes off someone else's words and ideas as their own, without acknowledging the real author?
Loser? or Winner? Gee maybe it's hard to tell the difference! @:D

Perspective time

Avoiding the reality of losing and the Glory of winning is living in denial

Some find this fact unhelpful and others find it motivating and rise to another level

We are all inspired by who we interact with , By who we listen too and by what we read and then put it in our own spin feathered friend

And that is the difference between losing and winning attitudes

Last edited:
I’m with bozo. I’m sick and tired of not being premiers.
The sooner we have more Manly people like you with high standards and high passion and pride for our club that do no accept anything else then glorifying our Legendary club and living up to its glory years the better .

Anything else than that Is not Manly

It is Mediocre

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8