Why we need a SFS style stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
So on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon between 2 Sydney based teams we can drop our crowd numbers down to 11,176.

Yep, stadium means fark all to crowd numbers but im sure Darren and TC will keep telling us we will get more even if we move there than the local team does.

Those stadiums really pull the crowds from near and far. It's a pity we're stuck with the best ground in the comp.

Fluffy said:
So on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon between 2 Sydney based teams we can drop our crowd numbers down to 11,176.

Yep, stadium means fark all to crowd numbers but im sure Darren and TC will keep telling us we will get more even if we move there than the local team does.

But those 11,176 are nice and comfy is those modern stadiums. Just ask jace and daz

and a couple of years ago we pulled a paltry crowd of 9K due to rain on a cold satdy night. If only we had the SFS as the roosters did in the same timeslot we could have dropped that crowd to 8K.

I think we need three stadiums like wests Balmain tigers, they seem to be going well.

It was lucky that the Tigers played their game last night at the wonderful SFS.
Imagine how bad a 20,000 crowd at Leichhardt would have looked. Yep, that was proof that people prefer the comfort of a stadium over the shabby old traditional grounds. The winner was Rugby League. So much of a better look for the game than the last two Brookie crowds.
Do you agree Darren, TC?

Yes and no.
Need a modern stadium to get more corporate support. We might get more bums on seats or standing on the hill in this case but the two teams that played last night would make more $'s from corporates and probably made a profit.
But need to keep the intimidation factor that Brookie holds.
To me the Knights Stadium has got the perfect mix - hill and facilities to hold the corporates.

Another wasted opportunity coming up on Monday. The 12,000 we get including 11,000 Manly supporters could so easily be made better by switching to the SFS and dropping to 9,000 only 3,000 of which are Manly supporters.

Another stupid move Manly, we could have had 10,000 less people of more through the gates this year.

Hey Darren how was the Rabbits game last night bet the atmosphere was a little under par but Jase wouldve said it was great

I get the thread. The atmosphere at Brookie and suburban grounds like Leichhardt is unparalleled.

And the fact that the SFS and ANZ are just too big. But are people saying they wouldn't go to the game if Brookie looked like, say, Parramatta Stadium which only holds about 22K ?

Will the NRL ever say Brookie is not up to scratch ? I hope not because I love it. But we all know what suits are like at times. Look at the numbers and make a decision. Regardless.

The Souffs crowd must have been the highlight of your week! lol

Remember we would have got 35k at Allianz versus the Rabbits compared to the measly 21 thousand at Brookie so 14k at $20 is nearly 300 thousand dollars of lost revenue. Not really going to celebrate lost revenue as I love our club. I did read that Souffs get a guaranteed dollar figure plus gater so there 9k probably made more than our biggest crowd for years. hmmm

Darren said:
The Souffs crowd must have been the highlight of your week! lol

Remember we would have got 35k at Allianz versus the Rabbits compared to the measly 21 thousand at Brookie so 14k at $20 is nearly 300 thousand dollars of lost revenue. Not really going to celebrate lost revenue as I love our club. I did read that Souffs get a guaranteed dollar figure plus gater so there 9k probably made more than our biggest crowd for years. hmmm

A very one dimensional view and as a teacher I would hope you instil more critical analysis than that. If we moved say the South's game from brookie and gained 9k crowd but lost 3k manly fans would the loss in merchandise sales and memberships sold be worth it? Both in dollar value and goodwill lost. How long would Manly fans put up with the highest drawing games being moved away from Brookie before a decline in memberships is seen?

Since that game memberships are up about 500-1000 and at an average $100 per member that's a 50-100k windfall. You can talk all you like about guaranteed funds for playing at those stadiums but the amount of those funds rely on historical and future forecasts on crowds which would not be great for Manly.

The problem and the solution has and will always be at Brookvale oval. There is space enough to put a stand behind both hills just need the dollars to fund it.

I do believe that a redeveloped Brookie is number one for us. Abbott big noted himself last time so let's see how he comes through with the goodies.

What needs to happen is that the hill needs to stay. If redevelopments go ahead, what they should do is even the height of the hill out (north and south ends of eastern hill are different sizes). Then create a standing area towards the back of the hill (like concrete path/steps with 6-10 levels around 1/4 metre height on each). Have the grassed area infront of the standing area. Then build the stand behind the hill, with part of the roof of the stand covering the back part of the hill aswell as the stand. Still have the bar on the hill, but modify it/build it into the new stand.

Darren said:
I do believe that a redeveloped Brookie is number one for us. Abbott big noted himself last time so let's see how he comes through with the goodies.

What worries me is that if Abbott gets in, [and I hope he does]is that the Labor Government has been pi$$ing our money up against the wall for the past six years, that we'll be in such a severe deficit that funds for Brookie will be non existant.

Peter C said:
Darren said:

What worries me is that if Abbott gets in, [and I hope he does]is that the Labor Government has been pi$$ing our money up against the wall for the past six years, that we'll be in such a severe deficit that funds for Brookie will be non existant.

Well, yes. That is the excuse he will use for spending nothing. The conservatives always do. It's their default setting.

We wont get a cent. So we have to find a way to make it profitable for us and the council within its current format, or something very close to it.

Finding 40 mill is nothing. Just tax the rich and piss off middle class welfare and the funding of private schools. That's for starters. Halve the defense funding, stop the tax beaks for the big miners. There's plenty of money. And Peter C, don't tell me that running a deficit is pissing in the wind. We all do it when buying a house, car etc. Australia runs a very small structural deficit in comparison to the net worth of the country. And one must always remember that Howard 'pissed away' the benefits of the mining boom. Abbott can deliver on Brookvale, if he wants, it's just that he won't.

DSM5 said:
Finding 40 mill is nothing. Just tax the rich and piss off middle class welfare and the funding of private schools. That's for starters. Halve the defense funding, stop the tax beaks for the big miners. There's plenty of money. And Peter C, don't tell me that running a deficit is pissing in the wind. We all do it when buying a house, car etc. Australia runs a very small structural deficit in comparison to the net worth of the country. And one must always remember that Howard 'pissed away' the benefits of the mining boom. Abbott can deliver on Brookvale, if he wants, it's just that he won't.

Possibly the best and most accurate post I have ever read on Silvertails.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4