Why risk G Stewart?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I can't for the life of me understand the club allowing the origin coach risking further injury to Glenn. If he's not 100% he shouldn't play.

I know origin is all about smoke and mirrors and Glenn probably won't play but I don't trust Ricky Stuart, who has a must win at all costs mentality that could cost us one of our stars for the rest of the season.

He still may be ruled out. They have named him on the possiblity that he will be available. The club can't really rule him out, that is up to the origin Doctors and their assessment. If we rule him out he most likely cant play that week after origin

I wonder if Gifty has a say himself? Even if he does, I would imagine there is a fair bit of pressure to say he will play - even if he is risking a season ending injury by doing so.

Ricky Stuart is right into symbols and gestures - he feels by naming a player who has bled for him he is fostering that team spirit he is always on about. Even though he knows Glenn Stewart is next to no chance of playing.

Its a display of his loyalty to his players...its paying Stewart the respect Ricky feels Glenn deserves ....done for appearance more than any thought he will actually play.

The Indian said:
Ricky Stuart is right into symbols and gestures - he feels by naming a player who has bled for him he is fostering that team spirit he is always on about. Even though he knows Glenn Stewart is next to no chance of playing.

Its a display of his loyalty to his players...its paying Stewart the respect Ricky feels Glenn deserves ....done for appearance more than any thought he will actually play.

correct

The Indian said:

Pity he didn't show Choc the same respect for game 1.

The Who said:
The Indian said:

Pity he didn't show Choc the same respect for game 1.

This is why I'm concerned.

No disrespect to Glenn but I hope he does'nt play. If he exacerbates the injury playing SOO he could be off the field for a lot longer. We need him back asap.

Have nsw ever had two sets of brothers on the field in a single game? And did they win?

Mal Cochrane said:
wonder what the odds are for that to happen, 2 sets of bros in the state of origin team? Insane really.

well, I am surprised Brett Morris was not picked ahead of Uate. The knights flyer has the edge in attack but geez he was pretty ordinary in the 2 games to date.

Chris lawrence and Beau ryan would have been a good choice too.
Yes, why risk Glen, totally agree.dont think he will play though.

Ricky was a pretty intense player in the glory days when canberra was called the "Green Machine"....The bloke just hates losing. Good to have him as blues coach though.

I don't mind that he was named in the squad.

If he can't play, he won't.

Glenn won't risk his season for even a SOO.

We have to trust that he makes the right call himself.
The actual injury is just a strain and he would have had 21 days to clear it.:angel:

One would think that it would be part of a Player's contract that he is released for all representative duties. So Manly would be cheering them on full voice I would think.

Elvis, Chris Lawrence and Beau Ryan were terrible last night. Actually all one has to do to beat up the Tigers, is beat them up. They all look daggers at one another when they are being beaten. A lack of team spirit there. Uate played well although I've been critical of his defense in the SOO. He really didn't have to put in last night, so his attack shone out. Tahu had a blinder. No penalties surprisingly.

Won'[/align]t be fit in time, based on his quotes yesterday - sounding far from confident.

I would prefer him to miss Origin 3 and come home strong for Manly in our charge towards the finals.:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2