Why don't we do it more?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The try scored from a scrum kick was oh so easy, and yet we didn't try it again.
I despair of today's coaching. The Scum positioned a forward at 5/8 from the scrums and simply died with the ball. Scoring a try with a kick when the fullback is in the line is a 50-50 chance at least.
No team seems to have the courage. It's the same with short kick offs which again are 50-50 chances to regain possession.

eagleE said:
It is all about percentages and giving the unexpected when it is unexpected.

It's the first time I can recall them doing it all year, and it worked. They put up a dozen bombs a match and only a few of them work. Kicking from the scrum occasionally has a far better chance of success.

Bar that attacking kick, our kicking game was pretty poor tonight. Especially if you compare it to the opposition who continually found open space and got much better results off the back of their kicks. I thought our forwards were winning the battle of field position but their kicking game continually got them out of trouble whereas ours let them off the hook.

Masked Eagle said:
Bar that attacking kick, our kicking game was pretty poor tonight. Especially if you compare it to the opposition who continually found open space and got much better results off the back of their kicks. I thought our forwards were winning the battle of field position but their kicking game continually got them out of trouble whereas ours let them off the hook.
melbourne always found open space because we had snake covering one sideline whilst one winger covered the other. there was a huge gap down the middle most of the time when they wanted to kick. it frustrated me to watch them continually find the dirt with their kicks

castle eagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
We missed robbo on the wing, why can't we compete in the air anymore?

oldfield did, shame tafua has no idea about the high ball
I like Jorge but your right he needs to learn to jump if he wants to be a first grader.

What gets me is how the downtown kicks on the 5th tackle are in most instances down the throat of the opposition fullback.

It's not so noticeable when watching it on tv but when you are at the game you wonder why these kicks aren't put as far away from the fullback as possible, which would give your chase more time to get downfield.

DCEs clearing kicks were terrible all night, really poor distance & rarely found the grass.

DCE was dazed from having his spine crushed early in the game in an unpenalised, illegal crusher tackle.:mad:

The scrum base try would not have been on had Slater played - great tactic by whoever called it.

Taufua is not improving in catching anything directed at him :s
Lets hope that he is made to practice during the week as every opposing Team target him.

The Who said:
The try scored from a scrum kick was oh so easy, and yet we didn't try it again.
I despair of today's coaching. The Scum positioned a forward at 5/8 from the scrums and simply died with the ball. Scoring a try with a kick when the fullback is in the line is a 50-50 chance at least.
No team seems to have the courage. It's the same with short kick offs which again are 50-50 chances to regain possession.

The more you use the play, the less likely you are to get any success with it. Stuff like last night are good to try and great when they come off. Lyon puts much more on that kick and it goes dead and we are all cursing him for blowing an opportuntiy on tackle 1, is a fine line

Think back to Chad Randall, for a month, his blindside play looked fantastic, but when it was used 3 times a set we became cannon fodder and the tactic was useless

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8