Why are we so slow with signings?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Just about every other club is announcing signings or extensions of current players.

Why is this club so slow at recruitment and retention, I know negotiations have to be done behind closed doors, but announcements of player retention or any new signings take forever to be released.

BTW Have we signed Matt Orford yet?

There is also the thing where certain players don't want to announce moves mid season out of respect to their current clubs and team mates. They don't want to ruin the mojo now so they are holding off until their teams year is done.

Just remember, A LOT of guys were rumoured to be be re-signing with their clubs or this and that and then nothing - no announcements, nada. Their deals though would be done. If they were staying it would be announced because it's a positive for their club - they re-sign, soak up some goodwill and you get on with life. Moves away though can disrupt the juju.

#MOJOJUJU

Maybe we are waiting to see what transpires with Matai and Stewart. Hopefully we can upgrade some of the up and comers and still have the dollars for a couple of quality forwards and a centre.
It probably won't happen but I'd love that rumour about Manu Maú to come true.
Imagine being able to choose from
Jake T
Tupua
AFB
Maú
Knight
Meehan
Buhrer
Myles

Christ I'm starting to sound like Turbo !

Some plausible reasons expounded above.
Alternatively, if we have only signed crap players I can understand there's no rush to announce that and crush our hopes.

I understand about the signings, but retentions and extensions of our current players contracts aren't so forthcoming. All I've heard is the players that are leaving or gone i.e T-Red,, Vave, Mateo etc etc.

Yet we have a team like Penrith who have announced a heap of re-signings including Merrin which gives their fans positives and in turn attracts other players i.e Tamou.

We aren't like Penrith , they have two young halves on nexted to nothing... And we paid over a million for our under performing one .... You can't go out into market for marquee player when you fork out overs for one half... We are are after either youth or plodders.

You may see no real movement at Manly for next year; I'd rather wait till the right players are available than throw money at journeymen.

Although by the number of players we have released there by needs be a fair few new players coming in or reggies raised to the top 25. Can't see too many reggies upgraded so I think we will see a few new faces. I expect at least one to be a name.

Matai and Stewart are taking up a good chunk of next year's cap and I'm sure the club is trying to move them on.

I also would imagine that we are deep into negotiations with a number of players, and most of the announcements will happen in the off season.

@Turbo must be working on his 642nd word as he hasn't caught up with this post yet!!

That list will resemble Plato's 7th letter by the time it's finished. Unlike his essay. Essay, lol. Funny word.

Hey, imagine two young Mexican lads discussing their school assignments. One asks the other....

"Hey, did you finish your esse on Valentine, Homes?" You have to read that in a Mexican voice!

Ahhhahahaha!!! You can have that one @globaleagle although you won't get many laughs with it in Canada, eh? Or here most probably. Anyway, it's yours now.

No givsies backsies! Wednesday night drinks are on me people!

DRINK!!!

Ok I'm just going to ask (no dislikes please it is just an innocent question remember I am a rookie here) Could they be holding off on announcements because they are trying to negotiate you know who to come back??

That list will resemble Plato's 7th letter by the time it's finished. Unlike his essay. Essay, lol. Funny word.

Hey, imagine two young Mexican lads discussing their school assignments. One asks the other....

"Hey, did you finish your esse on Valentine, Homes?" You have to read that in a Mexican voice!

Ahhhahahaha!!! You can have that one @globaleagle although you won't get many laughs with it in Canada, eh? Or here most probably. Anyway, it's yours now.

No givsies backsies! Wednesday night drinks are on me people!

DRINK!!!

Arr, you need drinking poetry from old mate Omar.

XXXV
Then to the lip of this poor earthen Urn
I lean'd, the Secret of my Life to learn:
And Lip to Lip it murmur'd--"While you live
Drink!--for, once dead, you never shall return."

XXXVI
I think the Vessel, that with fugitive
Articulation answer'd, once did live,
And drink; and Ah! the passive Lip I kiss'd,
How many Kisses might it take--and give!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6