Who you gonna vote for now motherfugers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Howard Government Pledges $9 Million for Brookvale Oval
20/11/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

The Howard Government has today announced a $9 Million commitment towards the upgrading of Brookvale Oval. Local Member for Warringah Tony Abbott made the announcement today at Brookvale Oval flanked by Sea Eagles Chairman and Co-Owner Scott Penn and Players Jason King and Luke Williamson.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer welcomed the news but stressed that the Brookie Forever Rally on Wednesday Night is still going ahead as planned.

"Today's announcement by the Howard Government is fantastic news for Members and fans of the Sea Eagles but I stress that we are not there yet. The club supports Tony Abbott’s call for the ALP, the NSW State Government and Warringah Council to match the commitment shown today by the Liberal Party.”

“Wednesday nights Brookie Forever Rally is still on and I want to make it very clear to our Members and fans that should there be a change of Government after Saturday’s election we will have achieved nothing. Therefore we need your support on Wednesday night to show the ALP, the NSW State Government and Warringah Council that Brookvale Oval requires their assistance.”

A vote for The Liberal party is a vote for Manly. :yeah:

Abbot must be in trouble in an unloseable seat!

Will Baird come to the party with 4 years before the next State election?

The whole thing was a set-up for this? Beautifully scripted and timed as Tony and John save the day for the Libs. Can we now wait for Me-too Rudd to match the offer.

Otherwise it will mean little as John will find it hard to fund Brookie from the opposition benches.

That is great news, but tempered by the fact that it will amount to nothing after Saturday.

I will still go tomorrow as a show of how we feel could be important especially for the Warringah Council who would side with an endangered slug in their efforts to stop what the public want, and also the State govt who should also chip in.

I guess I balance these thoughts by the fact the Libs threw in a third of this amount for the devastated Bangladesh population.

On a light-hearted note this could be the final nail in the Lib coffin - with the hatred of Manly by the unwashed everywhere the funding decision could be the election buster they never wanted to have :)

I'm in the great position of being in a seat that is safe as houses for the idiot Nationals. So I can conscience vote ALP and still know it will have SFA affect on Manly's chances of getting the funding.

Too little too late.
It's an offer made in the knowledge that they wont have to come good on it.
Where has this been over the past ten years ?

That bunch of private school educated, yawnion loving arseholes don't give a stuff about the Sea Eagles.
I don't think anybody here is stupid enough to fall for this attention grabbing ploy. Everybody knows it's a foregone conclusion that they'll win the seats & lose the election.

Labour will match the promise for sure.

Huge applause for the club. Great effort in getting the funding.

You might want to check the link in your avatar fLIP.

I just tried it and low & behold..................nothing happened ?

oh lordy me :p

20/11/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

The Howard Government has today announced a $9 Million commitment towards the upgrading of Brookvale Oval. Local Member for Warringah Tony Abbott made the announcement today at Brookvale Oval flanked by Sea Eagles Chairman and Co-Owner Scott Penn and Players Jason King and Luke Williamson.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer welcomed the news but stressed that the Brookie Forever Rally on Wednesday Night is still going ahead as planned.

\"Today's announcement by the Howard Government is fantastic news for Members and fans of the Sea Eagles but I stress that we are not there yet. The club supports Tony Abbott’s call for the ALP, the NSW State Government and Warringah Council to match the commitment shown today by the Liberal Party.”

“Wednesday nights Brookie Forever Rally is still on and I want to make it very clear to our Members and fans that should there be a change of Government after Saturday’s election we will have achieved nothing. Therefore we need your support on Wednesday night to show the ALP, the NSW State Government and Warringah Council that Brookvale Oval requires their assistance.”

So now i'm supposed to give johnny a reach around because he offers us $2 million less than leichardt even though we play we play 10 -11 games per year compared to 3 at leichardt.

Surely this should prove to you he doesnt give a **** and cares more about his own needs than that of the voting polulous.

I feel like i have be spat on.

It should have been at least $20 million with a state to match.

[quote author=tookey]
20/11/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

\"Today's announcement by the Howard Government is fantastic news for Members and fans of the Sea Eagles but I stress that we are not there yet. The club supports Tony Abbott’s call for the ALP, the NSW State Government and Warringah Council to match the commitment shown today by the Liberal Party.”

So now i'm supposed to give johnny a reach around because he offers us $2 million less than leichardt even though we play we play 10 -11 games per year compared to 3 at leichardt.

Surely this should prove to you he doesnt give a **** and cares more about his own needs than that of the voting polulous.

I feel like i have be spat on.

It should have been at least $20 million with a state to match.
[/quote]

He is no different from any other politician but at least it is $9m more than anyone else has pledged that they will give us. NSW labor has been in power for years and have given us nothing.

Liberals have been in power for 11 years and Abbott and Bishop plus Johny have given sport on the beaches nothing, though Johny did give the Tigers millions for three games as he is under pressure in his own seat. Hopefully the Australian people and those in Bennelong will give him what he deserves!

When I went to vote I came across two of those little Coalition Stop sign entitled "Don't risk Rudd".

They are no more :lol:

Stupid people in Abbots seat fell for it big time
think about it, Abbot has had this seast for years and done nothing about it till a week out from the election and then comes up with a claytons $9million , maybe if Abbots was voted out it would have gone our way but now we are pushing **** it up a hill to get anything,

I doubt the people in the electorate voted Liberal because of the $9m, they have their reasons for voting that way, the same reasons they have had for the last 50+ years.

I don't care which way people vote but if funding for a suburban football ground is a deciding factor then you've got a very narrow view on things.

People in our area would vote for a donkey if he was stading on behalf of the liberal government. How else do you think that Bronwyn Bishop keeps getting elected.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6