Who will be our 2017 whipping boy ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will be our whipping boy for 2017?

• Total voters
Myles this year.

If the rumours are true that brown has been told to look elsewhere, and api is the utility (in light of hastings) our usual whipping boy brown probably won't be playing.

Hmmmm I definitely can not pick a whipping boy.

So here is my whopping whipping boy list for 2017.(I reserve the right to add to this list if need be):

Equal first: Brown and Myles. Really are these blokes still hanging around?

Equal 2nd: Jonathan 'what was our recruitment thinking' Wright, Akuila 'has been' Uate, Curtis 'total myth' Sironen (if he makes a first grade appearance, I can tell you now Sironen is rubbish...lol.)

3rd: Matthew 'just making up the numbers' Wright.

4th: Shaun 'reserve grade' Lane.

5th: Api 'dodgy passer' Koroisau.

6th: Blake 'ordinary' Green, could make this list early in the season, by proving it was the Storm players/team that made him look at least half decent.

7th: Frank 'not his brother' Winterstein.

8th: Jorge 'smiley face' Tafua.

9th: Twent 'Zoolander' Barrett, Bozo 'the clown', ZtH and Mr 'we are a results driven business' Penn.....................!

:p

Last edited:
Whoever has trouble catching a high ball.

giphy.gif

So many choices!

Barrett is on the thinnest ice as selection and individual failures all make him look bad and with so many changes any success this year will take time. The elephants in his room are Snake and Skivvy. Any drawn out uncertainty will make Barrett's job harder. Hopefully this is tied up and we are only waiting on a media release timed the way they want.

I'm tempted to put last year's marquee signings next (Myles/Brown) but they are pushed down the list by Api who is our only real hooker (I think Hastings is in the mix too) and will likely play the same game as last year which will again draw criticism. I think he will be the scapegoat for Barrett pushing Parcell out.

Other contenders are Uate although I think he'll be dropped quickly if he plays like last year...or any other year really; Walker if he is anything but impressive at Centre, but I think he will do his job; Taufua; and any new signing who is given a chance but takes time to fire up.

It's possibly easier to say who is unlikely to become the whipping boy - I think we only have Jake and Tom, Kapow and some of the rising forwards who got a try last year (AFB for example).

Nobody. We are Manly, we love our team fiercely, we have hope and belief and we do NOT put people down. So stop ****ing whinging and rating people as ****, and believe that they are all doing their best, because nobody wants to be known as a half-assed player or why are they here in the first place? Winning culture starts at the grassroots and that, good people, is US. We are as grassroots as it gets. So believe that our team are all capable of being stars. Remember the good stuff rather than the bad. Look at the basic effort and teamwork, and know that they are trying their arses off. And get behind them. The rest will follow. Yep, I'm drunk.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6