Who was it ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
An article has popped into my mind from last year after Stewarts comeback game against the Tigers. The journo bagged all the Manly supporters for cheering him on and treating him like a hero

It may have been Paul Kent, can anyone confirm or have a copy of the article ? He is another bloke that needs a hammering via email

It was paul kent. From the back page. At the time i was furious and sent him a letter and the back page

And who was it that bagged the Eagles Angels for the support they showed Brett, I thought that was pretty low at the time

MissKate link said:
And who was it that bagged the Eagles Angels for the support they showed Brett, I thought that was pretty low at the time
Magnay.  Here's a summary on all her dribble about the case:

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/people/brett-stewart/by/jacquelin-magnay

Also, this stupid old drunk Spior Zavos had a bit to say:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/03/13/manly-eagles-angels-have-been-useful-idiots/

And here's a neo-feminist blog that could do with a response:

http://www.hexpletive.com/2009/03/wendy-harmer-brett-stewart-rape-culture.html

My response to Zavos:

What do you have to say for yourself now Zavos.  The Eagle Angels, Manly club and the playing group have court proof to suggest they were 100% correct in backing Stewart.  Your slights and comments above, about people not being very smart and calling them useful idiots now seems to bounce back on you.  A very useful idiot in propogating media myth about the case.  Do you have the balls to apologise?

Paul Kent basically said that because manly fans were jubilant at Brett stewarts return after suspension, and that they slapped his hands as he did a lap of honour that manly fans were a disgrace and supported violence toward women

Manly were sending the NRL a big up yours after the suspension and it had nothing to do with his charges. No one could believe the NRL would suspend him for something off field.

Robert finch has recently paid the price with his job with reactive policies and spasmodic rule interpretations. But the NRLs stance on off field behaviour is the king of reactive and spasmodic. You have to feel for finchy. The only man in the NRL to ever apologise and his management style just reflected the highest level with the NRL

No wonder his son gave the NRL a serve on how he was treated regardless of his performances

Gallop has been talking up crowds, and merchandise sales to deflect the real issues in league and his poor handling of anything that may require judgement calls

The papers and journos that persecuted Brett are all obviously owned by news, as is the NRL and gallop. It appears any in dependant investigation can be handled by any of these stake holders and then passed on to the relevant parties to be rubber stamped

Kent, Wilson, Massoud, Magnay, Gibson. These are the scum peddlars that wouldn't let truth or investigative journalism step in the way of sensationalism. They make me sick these people. They are nothing more than the paparazzi that hunts down celebrities. Their poisonous lies have caused Brett so much torment and pain that I truely believe karma will strike where it deserves and these lowlifes get what they deserve.

Yep Scragnay was all over this like a rash, taking the moral high ground and giving it to Brett and the club at every opportunity. She has already proved what a moron she is with her pathetic appearances on the Footy show, but it wouldn't hurt to remind her how wrong she was about Brett.

My email to this Spiro weasel. I am sure this piece of trash wont reply.

Dear Scumbag

Are you now going to apologise for your slanderous scumbag accusations against a wonderful group of ladies and Brett who has been victimised from pillar to post by bottom feeding scumbags like yourself.

Add a note on why the comment is inappropriate, and click the button below to send to our moderators.

Enter the text shown:

Matabele link said:
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=185626.msg300080#msg300080 date=1285888904]
Magnay.  Here's a summary on all her dribble about the case:

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/people/brett-stewart/by/jacquelin-magnay

Also, this stupid old drunk Spior Zavos had a bit to say:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/03/13/manly-eagles-angels-have-been-useful-idiots/

And here's a neo-feminist blog that could do with a response:

http://www.hexpletive.com/2009/03/wendy-harmer-brett-stewart-rape-culture.html

[/quote]

Some of that vile dribble (for want of a better word) is disgusting!Why aren't these vindictive pricks accountable for what they write?I tried not to read the media **** that was coming out at the time,now I kno why!

the man hating blogger just got a serve:

I look forward to your new updated post saying how sometimes nice guys are actually not rapists.  Do Brett Stewart's actions still disgust you? Is coming home to spend time with your girlfriend disgusting?

Or does all of this get in the way of the man hating?

Slagnay - what's the Leathernecked Haggard Hungarian up to these days? Doesn't appear to be at the SMH anymore, routinely sucking the snot out of Ol' Roy's f-stick...

Phantar link said:
Slagnay - what's the Leathernecked Haggard Hungarian up to these days? Doesn't appear to be at the SMH anymore, routinely sucking the snot out of Ol' Roy's f-stick...

I just vomitted in my mouth a little,but i love it!

The Gronk link said:
the man hating blogger just got a serve:

I look forward to your new updated post saying how sometimes nice guys are actually not rapists.  Do Brett Stewart's actions still disgust you? Is coming home to spend time with your girlfriend disgusting?

Or does all of this get in the way of the man hating?
Gold!

Please ladies and gents may I ask you to consider the emails you send to these villians. Is it too much to ask you just to stick to the facts and refrain from putting the boot in?  :)

Yes I agree 100% with your sentiments and desire for a full apology, however please consider the longer term picture. We know these wankers will keep on doing what they have always done - unfortunately that's what they think is their job.

Brett Stewart has acted magnificently all through this horrible 18 mth episode and has set a very high standard for behaviour under malicious attack.

I would ask that you don't give these 'writers' anything they can use later when things cool down: against Manly, Silvertails or Brett (by association due to us being his supporters). They will probably try to throw more mud at him from any source, especially if they've got a black eye.

Its a lot to ask I know but please no nastiness and bile, just the facts shown back to these creeps.

I'm sure Brett would act respectfully to these wonderful creeps if he met them face to face, albeit firmly asking them to be accountable for the malice of their words.

On my computer I have a sign which reads "don't send emails when you're angry" cause I've blown it too many times, especially when feeling justified  ;)

[/quote]

I just vomitted in my mouth a little,but i love it!
[/quote]
One of my best in a long time - agreed. Don't forget the likes of Fitzsimons, Michael Duffy and David Penberthy. They also put the boot in - especially Fatzsimons (winner of the Kim Beazley Soundalike Contest - awarded to sufferers of Steve Roach's Syndrome - i.e. Impossibly big men with high-pitched voices - aka eunuchs.

Apparently Magnay works in the UK now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquelin_Magnay

She'll fit right in with their rep for gutter journalism.

For teh record I had this successfully posted in The Manly Daily yesterday in reply to some goose who that Stewart was heavily intoxicated:

Craig of Canberra writes:

Posted on 30 Sep 10 at 10:55am

Michael at 0830 today: Where in the Crown's case was evidence supplied that Stewart was intoxicated and couldn't remember anything? The best they could come up with was footage of Stewart slipping on the floor at the Manly Wharf venue. Justice Williams rightfully dismissed this as ridiculous 'evidence' - and told the Crown prosecutor as much. This case was a veritable house of cards waiting to be blown over by the first competent silk to come along. And so it was.

Mediawatch on ABC TV may be our best shot for rebuking the villians publicly. They'll all just be as self righteous and belligerent as RW was in her reply.

Matabele, can anyone assemble all the story links (and names) and email to mediawatch? (Or maybe someone has already). I'm sure they'd love it, all lined up in a row......

From ABC website:

You can contact Media Watch in the following ways:

Email:
[email protected]

Mail:
Media Watch
GPO Box 9994
In your Capital City

Telephone:
02 8333 4454

Fax:
02 8333 4962

Good idea brookiegreg, I'll see what I can do.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1285908590[/time]

Here's a few more gems:

http://blogs.smh.com.au/urbanjungle/2009/03/you_must_be_jok.html

http://www.coomaexpress.com.au/news/national/national/sport/no-excuses-rugby-league-must-change-its-culture/1455665.aspx?storypage=1

And an interesting article at The Roar, in light of the Spiro Zavos one above:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/10/01/brett-stewart-innocent-%e2%80%93-but-what-have-we-learnt/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7