who replaces Hall?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Williams or Cuthbo catch a plane or do we go with a small bench - ie Heath & foran/farrr?

For mine it has to be Cuthbo.

Williams is more of a liability.

Unfortunately Cuthbo plays a similar game to Gifty and is more of a backrower but he is probably the most experienced of our options. All Des has to do is tell him to run straight and hard and not try to offload. Thats halls game straight no offload, so we need the same from cuthbo

It's a worry.  They have some big guys.  I never thought I'd lament the absence of Princess, but I am.  Isn't Cuthbo in Queensland?

Dan link said:

Unfortunately Cuthbo plays a similar game to Gifty and is more of a backrower but he is probably the most experienced of our options. All Des has to do is tell him to run straight and hard and not try to offload. Thats halls game straight no offload, so we need the same from cuthbo

i would rather have cuthbo offloading or not in the team at all, that is a major asset of his. Your killing the guys talent and his natural game telling him to stop it. Focus would be a better option.

This might be a clue, it's out of the Australian Newspaper :

Hall was to come off the bench and coach Des Hasler has not revealed, who the replacement prop-backrower might be.

Interchange hooker Heath L'Estrange was to drop off the bench to make way for Kieran Foran, after the news Manly's Jamie Lyon would be cleared to play.

Zep link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181667.msg240783#msg240783 date=1252647144]

i would rather have cuthbo offloading or not in the team at all, that is a major asset of his. Your killing the guys talent and his natural game telling him to stop it. Focus would be a better option.
[/quote]

Yeah but he needs to be more selective. It isnt in the style of football we play and he throws some stupid offloads sometimes that put us under pressure

I never thought I would say it, but I wish King was fit

I don't what Des will do but I would favour leaving the team as is, only because they have been training together all week. Stranger to be the bench hooker and second row and Foran/Farrar to be added also to play where ever they stick them. They are both so versatile they should do a number on Storm no matter where they are.

Blitz, JK is out with a rib injury.

ManlyBacker link said:
Blitz, JK is out with a rib injury.

Gee, I thought that he was filling in as the Interchange Official for the QLD Cup Grand Final tomorrow afternoon (just kidding).

Des likes at least  three  big guys on the bench.  Having  Ballin and Foran, leaving only Rose and JWH as the 'big' guys.  If he does that, and I can't see him doing anything else, it'll be a novelty.  He got us his far, from a very sticky beginning, so I'll go with whatever he goes with.

Matai to the bench, coming on a forward?? maybe even williams to the bench and do the similar deed.

Kite needs a big one tonight.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
They took the 18 players down, do we really see them flying somebody in today to play tonight?

yes I can see this happening. We dont always fly the right 18th man into camp. i.e. we fly in a back when we need a forward.

Who knows lets see what happens at game time, but this change has me worried

We can rotate the front two and our second rowers are more than capable of going the full 80.  It might not be to disasterous having smallish fast guys around the ruck when Melbourne begin to tire.  Mind you, they have to hold their own in defense.  It's a worry.  

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2